PDA

View Full Version : Magic? Pixie Dust? or.....

Tharrell
08-02-2006, 07:42 PM
Just plain old fashioned good engineering? I'll let you decide.

Jason Rose
08-02-2006, 08:12 PM
well i'm saying you have coil springs on the hinges!

I know a few guys that have them, some work good, some work TOO good... one guy has to set something heavy ON the gate to keep it down otherwise it kinda hovers about a foot off the ground, lol

Tharrell
08-02-2006, 08:42 PM
Nope. Guess again!

gammon landscaping
08-02-2006, 11:18 PM
how do you pull back up the ramp ? what is the use if you can't load with out picking up somthing heavy? why not just pick up the gate

sanfordandsonfan
08-02-2006, 11:31 PM
That is a very nice setup. Looks like you new what you needed and had it built. Good luck with it.

Jason Rose
08-02-2006, 11:46 PM
how do you pull back up the ramp ? what is the use if you can't load with out picking up somthing heavy? why not just pick up the gate

??? I'm confused... the point is that you DON'T have to pick up the heavy gate! just give it a little boost and it pretty much closes by itself.

That's pretty ingenious there i must say! Any pics of the spring with the gate in the full down position? Just wondering how much of a bend it puts on that spring... is the gate able to sit in the down position without wanting to go skyward?

I think you really have a neat patent idea here... looks safe and unlike other rail mounted springs, takes up no trailer space!

DLCS
08-02-2006, 11:51 PM
[QUOTE=Jason RoseI think you really have a neat patent idea here... looks safe and unlike other rail mounted springs, takes up no trailer space![/QUOTE]

Been done before. Someone posted a picture before of a trailer made by Tesh and sons that used a leaf spring setup just like that works really neat. Why trailers don't come with that is beyond me.

General Landscaping
08-02-2006, 11:55 PM
U Haul has been using that on thier open trailers for a while.
Nice though, sure beats the old garage door spring and cable setup.

Tharrell
08-03-2006, 05:21 AM
I'll get ya'll some pics of it in the down position later today. Yeah, it's a Tesh trailer. I saw Roger's on here and talked to him a couple of times.
Pictures really don't do it justice though.
Everyone who tries the gate instantly has a really broad smile on their face!
I had the double garage door spring setup on my last trailer and it was good but this has that beat by a thousand miles.

DADDY D
08-03-2006, 02:08 PM
pixie dust!got to be ive looked at a trailer just like this one and the gates are the best around you done your home work tharrell!good job:laugh: