PDA

View Full Version : My new toy

DoetschOutdoor
08-02-2006, 09:51 PM
In case we have any other fellow dirtbikers on here, I thought I'd post my new 06' Yz250F for your viewing pleasure
So far, she has: Yoshimura exhaust, black excel rims, black renthal sprocket, renthal bars, works connection hot start, and a few other goodies. The best part is, it only took me 30 minutes to aerate and seed my local parts manager's yard and I was lucky enough to have been able to pick the bike up from the dealer with most of this stuff already on it, at little or no charge.

I also posted some regular, straight stripes from my 48" Ferris wb

Ian

Jeds_Lawn_Care
08-02-2006, 11:01 PM
Stripes look awsome. Nice bike

J&R Landscaping
08-02-2006, 11:29 PM
Awsome!! Have you had the bike on the track yet?

LawnmanJ
08-03-2006, 01:30 AM
Very nice stripes, The bike is Really nice. Yamaha makes some nice stuff, and I guess you get what you pay for. I am more of a Kawasaki guy but hey its all good man.

DoetschOutdoor
08-03-2006, 11:49 AM
O yea, the bike has been on the track quite a few times and I love it compared to my 04' that I had before this one. Yamaha recalled all of the valves in the 2006's because the guys that raced every weekend were blowing motors but I just got mine back from the dealer after they replaced the valves. 4.1 hours of work at 80/hour would not have been fun to pay for thank god yamaha stands behind their work. Best part is, I swing by my parts managers house once a week and take 15 mins to mow his yard and then anytime I need something riding related, I just head up to the shop and remind him of how bad he hates cutting grass:)

stumpjumper
08-03-2006, 12:24 PM
Nice bike man, just looking at it makes my collarbone and ankle hurt. Voted best crash of the year 1974 Cimmaron Valley Raceway:

DoetschOutdoor
08-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Yea, sometimes it gives me that feeling too...I too have broke the collarbone, 7 bones in my right foot, and ive got some nice titanium hardware in my left wrist. But all those crashes came before the new four strokes, which I seem to get into less troubled situations with

FearThisDeere
08-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Looks great. I love the look of the Yamahas.

zero_turn_freak
08-03-2006, 07:14 PM
Great bike, I used to have a Kawasaki klx 110 that I fooled around on on the street.

Jerry and Sons
08-03-2006, 08:19 PM
Still not walking form a crash on April 2 2006. be carefull. I am only 31 and i have new hip and titanium rod in my femur.

DoetschOutdoor
08-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Dam, sorry to hear that. How did it happen?

Jerry and Sons
08-04-2006, 06:57 AM
I had a major get off on the landing of a 40 foot table top. When I landed I flat landed and opened up the throttle, which in return launched me off of the next jump face. Next thing I remeber is seeing the knobbies coming at me. I also remeber the feeling of the bike just dropping from under neath me. Upon impact with the groung I landed on my left hip and femur. I had a great surprise when I was unable to get up off the ground. Never felt pain like it in my life. The ONLY cool part about it was a helicopeter ride to the hospital. Spent 3 weeks in the hosptal and two months in a hospital bed at home. I can get around know on crutches, but only with a great deal of pain. Be careful, If it was not for my family and freinds I would have lost my business, not a good feeling.

YardPro
08-04-2006, 08:08 AM
nice bike

jerry and sons...

i had a similar experience..

i have raced motocross for 25 years. without any major injuries...until a few years back.

was in the pitts and a little 12 year old on a ttr125 lost control and took out my right knee, trearing my mcl, breaking my patella and chipping the femur.

second ride back i got cocky and was pulling a small whip on a 100 foot table and came up a little short, bounced off the end and could not stop for the big berm turn after it. got slammed into the berm and dislocated my right arm, tore the nerve to my anterior deltoid......most pain i have ever felt...

swore to my wife one more injury and i was done with bikes..then 18 months later we had built and were running a large track locally and my crf ran out of gas on the face of a 75 foot double......

shattered colarbone and a concussion bad nough that i could not remember my wife and son's name for 3 days..... 6 months of rehab on that one....
sold the bike and have not been on one since...

DoetschOutdoor
08-04-2006, 11:52 AM
Running out of gas on the face of a jump is one of my worst fears. I have set my bike down a few times, turned off the gas, and then came back later and went out without turning it back on. Luckily all those times I ran out of gas in the carb while both wheels were on the ground and not going off a big jump. Some of the worst crashes Ive seen or heard about were from bikes running out of fuel. Jerry and sons, I had a similiar feeling when I broke my wrist in a race when I thought everything was cool and tried to lift my bike off the ground. My situation wasnt as bad as it was only a shattered wrist but it is not a good feeling when you have no feeling or strength in one part of your body. Well, I better go cut some grass before all this positive talk about bikes makes me want to go riding again

milsaps118
08-05-2006, 12:50 AM
BRAAAAAP!!!!! I been riding a YZ ever since I was 12 (YZ80). I've got a stock '06 YZ205F and love it. I just bought my 2yr old son an '06 PW50 for his golden B-Day and put the training wheels on it. The look on his face when he saw it was PRICELESS!!!!! To be honest I love your bike more than I like your stripes. (nice stripes though) Your bike is money!! I bet that thing RIPS!!!!!!!

DoetschOutdoor
08-05-2006, 01:14 PM
Thanks man.. I cant even imagine what it would be like to be a 2 or 3 year old kid and have a dirtbike. I didnt get my first one until 8th grade graduation. I see all these little kids around at races and they must be enjoying themselves so much being that small and flying around on a dirtbike. 2 years old is pretty young but with the training wheels he'll be fine and will be that much ahead of everyone else. I wish I had started riding when I was that young for sure

milsaps118
08-05-2006, 05:06 PM
2 years old is pretty young but with the training wheels he'll be fine and will be that much ahead of everyone else. I wish I had started riding when I was that young for sure
Yeah 2 is pretty young to start riding, but I had to get him something cool for his golden B-day, something he'll have for a while. I don't expect him to really start riding until he's 4-5. The price was right so I figured I guess I'll buy him one now and he can grow in to it for the next 2-3 years. I paid under $900.00 new for that so I couldn't go wrong. I'll try and post some pics later.