PDA

View Full Version : Cornerstone SRW

Mike33
08-02-2006, 09:43 PM
I just finished a cornerdtone wall because my friend sells them and got me the job. Im used to ab and on the step downs with the grade change we just throw in a ab light and cap. These we had to double cap and they did not have the availibity of inside corners so we had to make our turn sharp. I did not like the way i had to sit my cap on the step down does any one else do them different? Then we had to tear it a part and glue the caps, it was like putting a damn puzzle togeather. Comments!
Mike

neversatisfiedj
08-02-2006, 10:57 PM
Look good Mike - does the wall have a slight lean back or is it just the pic ?

Mike33
08-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Look good Mike - does the wall have a slight lean back or is it just the pic ?
Yes it has a smaller setback than my regular ab 6 degree im used too. But what your seeing i think is the pic. My main concern was if you looked at the pic with the caps on the inside turn. The cap sits back from the block more than i wanted, It was the only way to make it work for me. With my ab i just put a light and cap and it goes with the flow even though inside corners can be a pain. These block were a pain on the base course to get straight also the bevel on the end doesent work out with the face. You really have to i ball your base rel well. Also im so used to ab when you brake your pace of what your used too you have to think it out more. Like i said i have a buddy as a new dealer for cornerstone and if he can give me a job i will take it.Just checking the pic again the spot im talking about is where the reflection of my arm is notice how i had to fit the cap.
Mike

DVS Hardscaper
08-03-2006, 07:07 PM
The pic below is cornerstone.

Did your corenerstone come from York Building Products? To my knowledge Cornerstone does not make a cap. So the license holder has to come up with their own caps.

http://www.outdoorfinishes.com/images/services/walls/Terraced%20wall/Terracing-Retaining-Wall-lg.jpg

Mike33
08-03-2006, 07:25 PM
I got my caps from the same guy who sold me the block. The cap texture matched the block okey. My friend who sells mulch, topsoil, etc., took this line on this past spring and he does not know anything on blocks except what he is told. Im thinking his supplier is out of Frederick. I went to the seminar this spring where the sales rep give his talk did not say any thing that they did not make a cap. How do you like this product? It was different for me i build all the time with ab.and have that pace down. I know everyone feels they use the best block, it like whats best ford or chevy. I am getting a descent price i feel block was 5.70 and the cap was 4.50. Nice looking job you did.
Mike

DVS Hardscaper
08-03-2006, 08:29 PM
York Bldg Prod. holds the manufacturing license for cornerstone.

I have a feeling you put the caps on incorrectly.

Cornerstone is a GREAT block. In terms of gravity walls - it's all my company will use.

And the creator of Cornerstone (Vernon) is very fascinating to listen to and to talk with. Incredibly brilliant.

Mike33
08-03-2006, 09:30 PM
York Bldg Prod. holds the manufacturing license for cornerstone.

I have a feeling you put the caps on incorrectly.

Cornerstone is a GREAT block. In terms of gravity walls - it's all my company will use.

And the creator of Cornerstone (Vernon) is very fascinating to listen to and to talk with. Incredibly brilliant.
How do you feel i put them on wrong.
Mike