PDA

View Full Version : ICPI - Worth it?

PerfiCut L&L
08-03-2006, 05:34 AM
Interlok is offering their ICPI Level I Paver Installation course near me in a couple weeks and was looking into taking it. I planned on taking my partner and one other employee with me as well. Its ony $250 / person , so I figured what the heck.

What do you all think about the course in general? and any other courses they offer?

Dreams To Designs
08-03-2006, 07:12 AM
It's a good idea to pursue the certification and learn the suggested standards they are developing. You may not learn as much as you think you should, and they will basically only go over flat work. If you install walls, you need top look into the NCMA certification. ICPI will teach you the standards they are developing and test you on that information, but the information may not be what you know or believe to be the best practice.

Kirk

GroundScapesIncorporated
08-03-2006, 08:42 PM
Ill be there perficut, I assume your talking about the one in Dulles (near DC) not the one in Orlanda?

It will look good on your part even if you dont learn as much as you think or hope. It will help you land jobs when you can say that you and your guys are certified paver installers.

brentsawyer
08-03-2006, 10:32 PM
One word, YES
Kindly, if you need an explanation, you need to take your job more seriously.

tthomass
08-06-2006, 12:35 AM
GroundScapesIncorporated........sent you a message