PDA

View Full Version : Hustler or Snapper Pro?

KLSU
08-03-2006, 11:38 AM
Hustler Fastrack 20/52 = $5,199
or
Snapper Pro 500 48" commercial mower = $5,299

Right now I am leaning toward Snapper because it is a commercial grade mower but I don't see anyone talking about Snapper ZTR's on this site.

I cut 2.5 acres no slopes but plenty of trees. I also cut my Grandmothers yard 1 acres w/ trees.

steve45
08-03-2006, 01:10 PM
I don't think many on this site would consider a Snapper to be 'Commercial grade'.

nmurph
08-03-2006, 01:20 PM
i am a hustler guy. that said, most of the lco's around here run either toros or snapper. the largest lco uses snappers. that said, i saw in you post you were looking for something to cut a total of 3.5 acres weekly. imo, i would have no problem recommending the fasttrak for that application. when you do the math for the 3 of hrs you will be cutting annually they are pretty small in comparison the the life expectancy of a fasttrak. a 20/52 should cut your lawn in something around 2 hrs X's 30 or so cuts per year. that means 60 hrs annually.
then look at the warranty for the hustler. 4 years, parts and labor. lifetime on the frame and leading edge of the mower. also consider the type of factory support that hustler offers.
i saw your post on the hustler forum. look at how problems are handled.

KLSU
08-03-2006, 02:55 PM
I don't think many on this site would consider a Snapper to be 'Commercial grade'.

That is what I am asking. What is the deal with Snapper for commercial? It says it is made for commercial users: http://www.snapperpro.com/500_pro_series.php

I mean I will be using it for home use and if I can get a commercial grade mower for the same as a residential it would appear to be a good deal especially with a name like Snapper. I am just trying to find out why people don't use Snapper.

steve45
08-04-2006, 12:25 AM
I'm not really familiar with the Snappers. I did look at a couple of their small ZTR's when I was shopping a year ago, but I didn't see anything rated commercial. Nor was I impressed with the controls.

I looked at what professional LCO's in my area were using. Then, I looked here. I picked a few brands to investigate and looked at them at dealers. Did a lot of reading, too. I bought a Scag, but the Hustler was a close second.

You might get some brochures on various brands and compare features. Also, look at how easy it is to service.

When the pros don't use it, that indicates to me that Snapper has a different definition of the word 'commercial'.