PDA

View Full Version : 2000 chevy astro

mike lane lawn care
08-03-2006, 10:12 PM
i have the chance to get a 2000 chevy astro (blue) with factory towing package and racks in the back(an electrician van for a school with multiple locations). it has the V6 and has 140,000 miles, it is in pretty good shape, the van was maintained by a full time mechanic at the schools. My dad works at this place and knows and trust the mechanic, he put it up on their lift and inspected it all, it rattled when idled, but i was told that when he replaced a fuel pump a few days ago the exhaust system became loose, and he will put it up on the lift to repair the problem, ASAP. it is the FWD driveline, it will need new front tires soon, but he has 2 mounted snow tires that he says can be used until i get new tires. I was thinking this would be a good first vehicle for me, as it can tow heavy loads (6500 lbs.) and i can store my tools inside and lock it, plus it has bins and racks for storage of spare parts, and roof rack built for ladders and pipes. i can get it for $500, which i think is a fantastic deal, i could never find something in thsi kind of shape that is tow set up, for anywhere near this price.

What do you guys think? would it be okay for a year or two? will it hold up, even with high miles? i need some input, as my mom is so stubborn, and i can't get her to see the benefits for me. she keeps telling me to use the corolla, and to borrow my dad's jeep when i need it (parents are divorced, dad lives in the next town)

any input at all is appreciated, even if it's "i don't like the armrest"

thank you

Splicer
08-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Sounds good...Too good...and if it sounds too good to be true...it usually is...;)

It isn't the motor I am concerned with as much as the transaxel/tranny...Maintained or not the driver KNEW it wasn't his so I can safely bet it has seen abuse...$500 is a great deal and I honestly say go for it if your Dad says its cool but be prepared to put some $$$ into it sooner rather than later...

Good Luck brother...:drinkup:

mike lane lawn care
08-03-2006, 10:35 PM
Sounds good...Too good...and if it sounds too good to be true...it usually is...;)

It isn't the motor I am concerned with as much as the transaxel/tranny...Maintained or not the driver KNEW it wasn't his so I can safely bet it has seen abuse...$500 is a great deal and I honestly say go for it if your Dad says its cool but be prepared to put some $$$ into it sooner rather than later...

Good Luck brother...:drinkup:
thanks, yes it is a little low, the KBB value is about $3500, but this is a non profit organization, and they are looking to replace the astro's with dodge vans, They have to spend money on new vans to show no extra money at the end of the fiscal year, in order to keep getting money from the D.O.E. They have a newer, low milage AWD model for $4,000, but that one has low use. the van in question has some minor cosmetic flaws, but only cosmetic, a small dent on the hood, that you can only see up close, and the arm rests on the door are covered in duct tape because they started to rip, but A/C works, radio works, brakes, e-brake, and lights al work.

Dirty Water
08-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Its amazing that a 6 year old vehicle can depreciate that much. I have a 11 year old SUV that is still worth more than $3500 KBB.

The intake manifold gaskets on those engines go often, and are a real PITA to fix.

mike lane lawn care
08-03-2006, 11:23 PM
Its amazing that a 6 year old vehicle can depreciate that much. I have a 11 year old SUV that is still worth more than $3500 KBB.

The intake manifold gaskets on those engines go often, and are a real PITA to fix.
what type of SUV do you have that is worth that much? i know that the engine has a few issues, but i know a guy that i help out sometimes with theater work (he's the theater manager) who used to be a mechanic, he now has an older astro that he just go back up and running, he had to replace a head gasket. he know the beast and i know him, so i'm pretty covered for labor.

Dirty Water
08-03-2006, 11:35 PM
Its a '94 (Older than 11 years :D ) Ford Explorer XLT with all the options, I just KBB'ed it again and they priced it at $4,899 for private party, which is what your doing.
I KBB'ed your astro and got $3800.

Scag48
08-04-2006, 01:32 AM
Man, '94 Explorers, those were the GOOD ones.

LindblomRJ
08-04-2006, 02:10 AM
Man, '94 Explorers, those were the GOOD ones.
except on ice. There was a stretch where there were two fatal accidents on icy roads. Other than that they are a good vehicle.

mike lane lawn care
08-04-2006, 02:13 AM
have another question, in addition to comments about the van, does any one have an idea on insurance rates on this van for a 16 year old? i was thinking $700/year if i add it too my mothers insurance plan.

stuffdeer
08-04-2006, 02:34 AM
HAHA...If you want a price like that....HAHA

For full coverage on my truck, it would of cost me just under 400/month!

PLPD at around 230 a month.

PMLAWN
08-04-2006, 08:30 AM
have another question, in addition to comments about the van, does any one have an idea on insurance rates on this van for a 16 year old? i was thinking $700/year if i add it too my mothers insurance plan.
That van will be the cheapest type of vehicle to insure. ( Not a hot rod and not something you should get in trouble with)
But I do not believe $700 for the year will fly. Call your agent and see what he has to say about it.
As far as the truck -- Worth it ? sure it's only $500. Just be ready to put money into it. You could get lucky and get 2 years out of it for next to nothing or you could spend $100.00 a month to keep it on the street.
Good luck

By the way-- leave the gear shift in "D":laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

mike lane lawn care
08-04-2006, 10:41 AM
By the way-- leave the gear shift in "D":laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
you guys aare never gonna let that go are you?, but thanks for the advice on the van, it seems like it has some life left, and it's not a bad looking van, i kind of like it's looks. But i know mechanics and my friend is taking a body shop course in school, so he can help me with the cosmetic appearence, but there is little to do, it's in good shape. so i should be able to keep this on the road for at least a year with minimal cost. i do know that i have to get new front tires, as they are worn down to the wear indicators. but for $500, i don't think i can miss, but my mom keeps on me about how i don't need a van, that i should drive the corolla, so this might be the stopping point, but if she doesn't have to pay to add me to her insurance for the new rav4($700/year, that where i got the figure from) then it saves her money, and it saves my dad wear and tear on his nice jeep, i mean, if i kill the transmission in a year on a $500 van, who cares? just toss it and get a new car.

mike lane lawn care
08-04-2006, 11:07 AM
HAHA...If you want a price like that....HAHA

For full coverage on my truck, it would of cost me just under 400/month!

PLPD at around 230 a month.

is that for a truck used commercialy? i will end up switching everything over to commercial in the spring (truck, insurance,....) as next spring i will be fully legit, not just partialy(don't have biz insurance)

FearThisDeere
08-04-2006, 11:09 AM
If your mom has a perfect driving record it should run you about $700 or less. I have two trucks and am 18 with a perfect driving record, minus a warning. The one that is under my name is a 1993 1500 and it runs me $2400 a year. The one that is under my parents name is a '87 Ram and is only $450 a year.

LindblomRJ
08-04-2006, 05:41 PM
Does this remind anyone one of the 'sin bins" of the 70s. If you get a year out it you are doing all right.

lawnboy dan
08-04-2006, 07:13 PM
these are very trouble prone trucks -esp the 4wd model -avoid it!

FearThisDeere
08-04-2006, 08:27 PM
I have a friend that pulls a 24' open car trailer and two Civics to the race track with a van kind of like that and has never had a problem with it. That trailer has to be pushing 6500 lbs. I'd go for it. If it dies, you can just part it out. With steel going for as much as it is you would make a couple hundred in steel prices.

mike lane lawn care
08-04-2006, 11:40 PM
I have a friend that pulls a 24' open car trailer and two Civics to the race track with a van kind of like that and has never had a problem with it. That trailer has to be pushing 6500 lbs. I'd go for it. If it dies, you can just part it out. With steel going for as much as it is you would make a couple hundred in steel prices.
this is what i figure, if it dies on me i can sell it as a parts car for at leat $400, around here, you see ads in the local penysaver for trucks that are for parts, or need an engine for over $800

mike lane lawn care
08-05-2006, 02:36 AM
these are very trouble prone trucks -esp the 4wd model -avoid it!
how so? what's wrong with them?

mike lane lawn care
08-05-2006, 11:23 AM
bump......

Dirty Water
08-05-2006, 11:50 AM
how so? what's wrong with them?

The chevy 4.3 was a problematic engine, it had headgasket issues and intake manifold gasket issues. It also only gets 18 mpg at best. The AWD systems transfercase was known to strip out the intermediate shaft gear, requiring a complete rebuild.

mike lane lawn care
08-05-2006, 12:04 PM
The chevy 4.3 was a problematic engine, it had headgasket issues and intake manifold gasket issues. It also only gets 18 mpg at best. The AWD systems transfercase was known to strip out the intermediate shaft gear, requiring a complete rebuild.
thanks you, yes i know about the headgasket issues, the guy i know who owns one, had this problem, and he replaced it himself, didn't take too much lsbor, but he is busy so he didn't get around to doing it for a ew months. About how much would this cost to have a garage replace a headgasket? also this is not an AWD van, it's either RWD or FWD. but thanks for the info.

RedWingsDet
08-06-2006, 10:56 AM
I would buy it even if I didnt need it and just keep it around for irrigation installs and gardening. I'd also get it sprayed for about $650. Commercial insurance will prolly be like 800 per year. Just make sure you get commercial insurance, because they dont look at your age, so when your 16-28 its alot cheaper and legal.

mike lane lawn care
08-06-2006, 04:11 PM
I would buy it even if I didnt need it and just keep it around for irrigation installs and gardening. I'd also get it sprayed for about $650. Commercial insurance will prolly be like 800 per year. Just make sure you get commercial insurance, because they dont look at your age, so when your 16-28 its alot cheaper and legal.
really? commercial insurance on this van is that cheap? i didn't know that i could get commercial insurance on the van, does this require me registering the van as a commercial vehicle? because i can't get a CDL until i'm 18. what are the advantages of commercial insurance over regular insurance?

RedWingsDet
08-06-2006, 04:58 PM
really? commercial insurance on this van is that cheap? i didn't know that i could get commercial insurance on the van, does this require me registering the van as a commercial vehicle? because i can't get a CDL until i'm 18. what are the advantages of commercial insurance over regular insurance?

Commercial covers your butt if your get in an accident if your have a company logo. But the main thing about commercial auto is that they dont look at your age.

mike lane lawn care
08-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Commercial covers your butt if your get in an accident if your have a company logo. But the main thing about commercial auto is that they dont look at your age.
i guess i don't fully understand, what is with me having a logo on my van? and can it be magnetic?

RedWingsDet
08-06-2006, 05:11 PM
i guess i don't fully understand, what is with me having a logo on my van? and can it be magnetic?

I did not know if you were going to use this van for business or not. If you are, then you need to logo it, and yes mag's are fine I guess. Either way you can prolly get commercial insurance, but I thought u were buying this for work.

ALarsh
08-06-2006, 06:35 PM
What about commerical insurance for personal use also? Will it cover me if I get in an accident using it for personal (also use for business)?

LindblomRJ
08-06-2006, 07:21 PM
You would have to read the policy. I think it depends on the policy. You would need a CDL when your vehicle and load are over 26,000 LBS. It should not matter if your van has commercial plates, again visit with the insurance company for answers

mike lane lawn care
08-06-2006, 08:06 PM
You would have to read the policy. I think it depends on the policy. You would need a CDL when your vehicle and load are over 26,000 LBS. It should not matter if your van has commercial plates, again visit with the insurance company for answers
okay, now i get it, the van will not gross over 7,000 lbs. and i will b using the van for both work and personal use, i will have to go to springfield to talk with the insurance agent(who is an old friend of my dad) and see what the plans are.

thank you

mike lane lawn care
08-06-2006, 11:21 PM
:realmad: My mom has been on my case about buying this van, she wants me to use her corolla and my dad's jeep instead, which means that i have to take the corolla down to my dad's work (where the van is) and take his jeep and leave the corolla, then i have to drive back home, hook up the trailer and go work, then when i am finished (i have to have the jeep back by 7PM when my dad gets out of work) go back home unload trailer, drive to dad's work and drive the corolla back home. She finaly is allowing me to test drive the van, (which being the controlling hitler she is, is a big deal) i am having my dad talk to the mechanic at his work to set up a test drive time this week. so I go down to my grandmother's house and my mom says to me "tell her about you and your idiot father's grand scam(scam, not scheme)" then she and my grand mother start in on me how it is a piece of junk and not worth it, they have never even seen this van, and my grandmother doesn't even know what an astro is. So after 10 minuits of listening to their b*tching at me, i leave the house and wait in the car, she comes out about half an hour later and said i was being very rude by walking out.

At this point i am ready to go down to there and buy the van without driving it, and having it towed up to my house (can't drive it my self for another week) just out of spite. she said if i get it she won't let me put it on her insurance, she wants nothing to do with it. which is the same thing she did when i bought the mower, i had to have my dad finance it because the wouldn't have anything to do with it, even though it is used on her lawn and garden 75% of the time, and i have never seen a dime for the gallons of fuel i burn every week doing her lawn. It just pisses me of so much that she is like this, i am considering not doing her lawn anymore and stop spending my money on her mulch and fertilizers.

sorry, had to vent.

stuffdeer
08-07-2006, 12:45 AM
Your mom does give you a place to stay, food to eat,a nd pays the bills, I assume.

The least you could do is cut her grass

mike lane lawn care
08-07-2006, 12:53 AM
Your mom does give you a place to stay, food to eat,a nd pays the bills, I assume.

The least you could do is cut her grass
yeah but are you out $1500 for mulch, fertilizers, paint, gravel, sprinklers, plus tools that only have a use at this house, like mini tiller for the small garden this year alone?. I would not mind do this and paying for it, if she was just a little appreciative of how hard i work. Yes she pays the bills, and works hard too, but she could be a little more trusting, as far as i can recall, i haven't done anything bad, ever. do what i am told, it might take a day for me to get to it, but it always gets done. right now i am fixing the shop vac, saving her another $70 for a new one(motor died)

P.S. I'm not trying to sound selfish

ALarsh
08-07-2006, 01:24 AM
Ok, well do what she says. She doesn't see a need for you to have the van.

Now, in a couple weeks you are out working and are very busy at that. Your soo busy you have to complete what you have agreed with the client, right? So you have to work past 7 pm quite frequently. Now Dad gets out of work tired and wants to go to bed, you have his jeep out working very hard, and mom has to stop her show and come pick him up. Dad is upset because you are out with his jeep, mom is upset because she has to come pick him up but she now sees the need for the van. You come home later and say, see why I need this van?

Now you have proved a valid reason to get the van.

Also, when you take her car to do errands and junk and she sees that she needs it to go places, she will also see another reason for the van.

mike lane lawn care
08-07-2006, 01:32 AM
Ok, well do what she says. She doesn't see a need for you to have the van.

Now, in a couple weeks you are out working and are very busy at that. Your soo busy you have to complete what you have agreed with the client, right? So you have to work past 7 pm quite frequently. Now Dad gets out of work tired and wants to go to bed, you have his jeep out working very hard, and mom has to stop her show and come pick him up. Dad is upset because you are out with his jeep, mom is upset because she has to come pick him up but she now sees the need for the van. You come home later and say, see why I need this van?

Now you have proved a valid reason to get the van.

Also, when you take her car to do errands and junk and she sees that she needs it to go places, she will also see another reason for the van.

thanks, she will definatley see the need, she has a new 06 rav4 too, but my parents have split up and she would really hate to pick him up, or see him at her house waiting for his truck every day, so maybe this is a good point to make to her. I don't know what the big deal is, the van is $500 and in good running and cosmetic order, i can sell it off as a parts car for that much when it dies. i still have to pay for insurance to drive her car, and because she has a new one, on the plan, it will cost me more, plus the cost of insurance for the jeep:dizzy: she is just hard headed

stuffdeer
08-07-2006, 12:35 PM
That sucks! My parents are happy with me just cutting their grass...And best of all, I get to keep my 5x10 in our garage next to my mom's Ford Explorer!

My parents are great!

mike lane lawn care
08-07-2006, 01:23 PM
That sucks! My parents are happy with me just cutting their grass...And best of all, I get to keep my 5x10 in our garage next to my mom's Ford Explorer!

My parents are great!
luck you, i am going to expad our 12x12 shed, that somehow in the winter holds two tractors, a snowblower, 2 kayaks plus all of our patio and summer gear, when it's finished it will have enough room to hold all of that, plus a good enough work area for me to work on the equipment. it will be about 12x22, i'm knocking down one wall.

mike lane lawn care
08-13-2006, 06:58 PM
ok, i thought i would give an update, after test driving the van, and saw that it ran fine and nothing seemed to be wrong, i have decided to buy it. my mom has allowed me to get it, even though she feels it isn't a great deal, but she also shared with me that she owned a $250 1969 pontiac convertible and it was a fine running car for many years. I have to put it on my dad's insurance because she already has 2 insured cars, and when you get more cars than drivers, the rates to insure a teen go up.

the mechanic was really trustworthy, he repaired parts that i had noticed when i first lookd at it, i though i would repair. like the A/c, he recharged it, and replaced the belt, put new tires on, a new fuel pump, and a new exhaust system. So it is a very good deal. The mechanic will be working on it tomorrow and get it ready for me, then he will drive it upto my house on tuesday or wendsday. I will have my lisence on thursday, and be able to insure and register the van that same day. So i will be driving MY rig to thursday's jobs!!!!

FearThisDeere
08-13-2006, 10:53 PM
Sounds great. Seems like he has put the asking price in new parts alone. Looks like you stole it. He is delivering it and everything. Hope it works out for you and post some pics when you get it!:waving:

mike lane lawn care
08-14-2006, 06:00 PM
Sounds great. Seems like he has put the asking price in new parts alone. Looks like you stole it. He is delivering it and everything. Hope it works out for you and post some pics when you get it!:waving:
well, This morning my dad calls and says the mechanic sold the van to his cousin after i left on Friday when i test drive it. Which really pisses me off because he said he would hold it until Monday for us to see if we wanted it. He also told me after i tested the van that he had to leave right away and couldn't talk to me right then, which was not true as another worker in the mechanic shop, said he never left until 5 PM(tested it at (10 AM). The van was already sold before i even tested it out, according to what he told my dad, which he should have told me about. So my dad told him a few choice words and left the shop and called his friend the "Big Boss", the director of all 3 campuses, and he told my dad that he would personally go down and talk with the mechanic because he didn't like that kind of stuff. So i am now out of a van, i guess i'll have to take the '95 corolla to school and figure out something with work. but as i said before, my parents have split up so it gets complicated as to whose car i can take and trade with.

back to square one i guess,any one with a truck/van for sale in or around berkshire county MA?

grassmanak
08-14-2006, 07:36 PM
commercial insurance will be cheaper at your age, it saved me 370 a month just switching to commercial insurance.

mike lane lawn care
08-14-2006, 09:09 PM
commercial insurance will be cheaper at your age, it saved me 370 a month just switching to commercial insurance.
thanks but it doesn't do me too much good with nothing to insure:)

mike lane lawn care
08-15-2006, 01:25 PM
ok, my head isspinning, my dad calls this morning and says i have the van. Apparently the director talked to the mechanic and there was a misunderstanding somewhere along the line. The mechanic appolagized and him and my dad both said that there were no harsh feelings. So i go down today to pay for the van, but the mechinic isn't there due to a van that broke down on the road(there were several vans missing from the lot, so this was believeable). I gave my dad the check and he will give it to the mechanic when he returs and on thursday, the day i take my road test!, We will bring the van up, and then insure and register it.

So hopefuly this is the end of the saga, and i'll post some pictures of the van once i get it.

kingofbling
08-15-2006, 01:44 PM
ok, my head isspinning, my dad calls this morning and says i have the van. Apparently the director talked to the mechanic and there was a misunderstanding somewhere along the line. The mechanic appolagized and him and my dad both said that there were no harsh feelings. So i go down today to pay for the van, but the mechinic isn't there due to a van that broke down on the road(there were several vans missing from the lot, so this was believeable). I gave my dad the check and he will give it to the mechanic when he returs and on thursday, the day i take my road test!, We will bring the van up, and then insure and register it.

So hopefuly this is the end of the saga, and i'll post some pictures of the van once i get it.

If you are caught using the van for commercial use (say have a wreck) and you are using your moms personal insurance, they will cancel her policy asap.

Your only 16, you can get commercial insurance until you are 18, you must be a business and have proper documentation in order to get it.

mike lane lawn care
08-17-2006, 09:41 PM
here are some pictures of my new van. i am actualy sitting in it now installing the sattelite radio and thought that i would take a break and send some pictures.

stuffdeer
08-17-2006, 09:47 PM
Nice Mike,

BTW, What sattelite radio are you using, I was thinking of getting a portable one with two car kits and install one in the Truck, and one on my Future ZTR.

Are you wiring it into the AUX into the Chevy Radio? Letme know how that goes. I still cannot find out how to gte my dash apart in the S-10.
Looks to be in good Condition.

mike lane lawn care
08-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Nice Mike,

BTW, What sattelite radio are you using, I was thinking of getting a portable one with two car kits and install one in the Truck, and one on my Future ZTR.

Are you wiring it into the AUX into the Chevy Radio? Letme know how that goes. I still cannot find out how to gte my dash apart in the S-10.
Looks to be in good Condition.
I'm using XM radio and the device is called XM2Go, a portable unit that can strore music and be played back later, like when mowing.

It has a built in FM transmitter so i can play it back through the radio, no wiring required except for power and antenna.

stuffdeer
08-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Ohhh, I forgot about the FM Transmitter. I'm into that stuff.

Isn't the XM2go a little outdated though?
I'm thinking about getting the Pioneer Inno-But I want to Wire it through the radio, as you lose sound quality from the Transmission.

I'm one of those people who can tell you, That song's quality is 1kb/s less than the other. Lol

Do you listen to the XM2go on the Broadmoor? Does it fade in or out,?

mike lane lawn care
08-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Ohhh, I forgot about the FM Transmitter. I'm into that stuff.

Isn't the XM2go a little outdated though?
I'm thinking about getting the Pioneer Inno-But I want to Wire it through the radio, as you lose sound quality from the Transmission.

I'm one of those people who can tell you, That song's quality is 1kb/s less than the other. Lol

Do you listen to the XM2go on the Broadmoor? Does it fade in or out,?
the xm2go is fairly new, got it a few months ago, works far better than other XM products i've used. on the broadmoor i use the stored content, as when you go near trees and buildings, it losses singnal.

As far as the transmission being lesser quality, the FM transmitter is tund to a frequency that is not used, it scans and tells you what to tune it to. I have found that when using the tape adapter you get a hum (about 10 KHz) and for hard wiring it in, it is far more trouble than it's worth in this van. the FM does great

FearThisDeere
08-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Mike you stole that thing! What a great buy. I hope it works out well for you.

stuffdeer
08-17-2006, 11:23 PM
the xm2go is fairly new, got it a few months ago, works far better than other XM products i've used. on the broadmoor i use the stored content, as when you go near trees and buildings, it losses singnal.

As far as the transmission being lesser quality, the FM transmitter is tund to a frequency that is not used, it scans and tells you what to tune it to. I have found that when using the tape adapter you get a hum (about 10 KHz) and for hard wiring it in, it is far more trouble than it's worth in this van. the FM does great

Yes, It is somewhat Fairly new- It came into the market in December 2004-January 2005.

I know all about FM Transmission. On my S-10 it has AUV imputs I can put the radio OUT jacks into.

mike lane lawn care
08-17-2006, 11:46 PM
Mike you stole that thing! What a great buy. I hope it works out well for you.
thanks, it has one small probelm, the computer spits out a code when a reader i pluged in that it has a small evaporitve emmissions leak(possibly a faulty gas cap) i have to buy a reader of my own, change the gas cap, reset the codes and see what happens, the worst it could be is a $35 line that has degraded. and it will still get an inspecton sticker, if that's the worst that's wrong with this van then i am happy. plus this morning i took my road test and i did well, the cop said "if you keep driving like that, you'll never be in an accident in your life, plus you'll have a quiet ride because your friends will fall asleep" and i now have my lisence!!!!! i drove by myself to a lawn today, a one time for a friend, with a busted mower who owns an astro and is trading a tuneup and spark plug change for mowing. (a great trade as engine work is hard because all you can see of the engine from the hood is the belt and that's it) so i'm verry excited!!

ALarsh
08-18-2006, 12:11 AM
You got a great deal for $500. How much can it tow? Is it pretty solid (creaks, vibration, noises, etc)?

mike lane lawn care
08-18-2006, 12:24 AM
You got a great deal for $500. How much can it tow? Is it pretty solid (creaks, vibration, noises, etc)?
the van it's self can tow 6,000 lbs. but the hitch is only rated for 3500 lbs. but my trailer maxes out at 2,000 lbs. it is very solid, no noises, no sputtering, runs great!

J&R Landscaping
01-08-2007, 10:23 PM
For paying only $500, thats a great deal. A buddy of mine has an older astro van. I think its a 94 or 95 or so but I'm not sure. He has over 300k on it still going pretty strong. Most of that is highway driving because him and me race lawn mowers and thats his war wagon. It works quite well and does a heck of a lot better on gas then by 5.8L f250 does.