PDA

View Full Version : Landscape project...

mkwl
08-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Here's the latest landscape project of mine. I dug out 4 cu yds worth of dirt and weeds from the area between the curb and fence to a depth of 3". I then put down landscape fabric, and the river rock stone. The areas I worked on were; 3'x110', and 3'x53'. I had 3 cu yds of 1-3" diameter river rock delivered to the site, and spread it in the area I dug out. Turned out really well IMO! I did the job in 8 hours, in the 105 degree heat we've had for the past few days in NJ.

Here's the before and during pics:

mkwl
08-03-2006, 10:13 PM
Here's the after pics:

mkwl
08-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Here's one more after pic, and a pic of my trailer full of 4 cu yds of dirt and weeds...weighed about 2,100 lbs, trailer is rated at 1,500 lbs max...can you say overloaded!

DBL
08-03-2006, 10:18 PM
nice idea i hope you cleaned that edge up... j/k i know you did

exmark72
08-03-2006, 10:20 PM
looks good a little over loaded on the trailer though. where did u get premission from to put up cones and interfer with traffic patterns. just wondering

DBL
08-03-2006, 10:22 PM
looks good a little over loaded on the trailer though. where did u get premission from to put up cones and interfer with traffic patterns. just wondering

probably not that busy of a street but that definetly caught my eye too

mkwl
08-03-2006, 10:25 PM

Thanks for the posts guys....keep 'em coming! exmark 72-I got permission for the cones from the Police Department in the town the project was in.

Jamesgateslandscaping
08-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Disrupt traffic...We're the kings of that...just be careful though, I commend you for the cones and being safe:weightlifter: :clapping:
James

mcwlandscaping
08-03-2006, 11:38 PM
i like using traffic cones!! That looks really nice, i did something like that last fall for one of my clients, except it was a four foot wide section by about 50 ft. long, but, i didn't really have to dig anything out first though. that came out nice!! good job, im guessing your in the same boat i am where your parents dropped off the trailer and your equipment for you and then came back and got it afterward.

mkwl
08-03-2006, 11:46 PM
i like using traffic cones!! That looks really nice, i did something like that last fall for one of my clients, except it was a four foot wide section by about 50 ft. long, but, i didn't really have to dig anything out first though. that came out nice!! good job, im guessing your in the same boat i am where your parents dropped off the trailer and your equipment for you and then came back and got it afterward.

Thanks MCW and everyone else! Yup, my Grandpa dropped me off with my trailer, and my Mom picked me and my trailer up...works fine for now....I'll get my liscence in less than a year...I have my permit now...:cool2:

mcwlandscaping
08-04-2006, 12:10 AM
Thatll be so sweet when you get your license!! I get mine in about a month, and i start drivers ed tomarrow!! so im all :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) right now!!! That job looks really nice!

ALarsh
08-04-2006, 12:15 AM
Nice cones. I think you need a couple more though. :waving:

stuffdeer
08-04-2006, 12:36 AM
Ohh...C'mon, you mean, your Grampa didn't stay to help you?

My dad usually stays with me, whether he is sitting in my truck with the A/C on, or helping me. :)

Naa...You need a bigger trailer!

I get my license in 4 months, and 15 days!

MKWL- Do you have a AIM screen name?

mulcahy mowing
08-04-2006, 12:45 AM
looks good

get my lic in a few months can't wait...

blankenshiplawncare
08-04-2006, 08:15 AM
Disrupt traffic...We're the kings of that...just be careful though, I commend you for the cones and being safe:weightlifter: :clapping:
James

You are right about commending him. We would have probably blocked the road with a truck and P#ssed off every one. Your plan looks much better.

mkwl
08-04-2006, 09:06 AM
Ohh...C'mon, you mean, your Grampa didn't stay to help you?

My dad usually stays with me, whether he is sitting in my truck with the A/C on, or helping me. :)

Naa...You need a bigger trailer!

I get my license in 4 months, and 15 days!

MKWL- Do you have a AIM screen name?

My Grandpa's 77 years old, and has mild arthritis. Sometimes he helps me out with lawns (he runs the Toro Proline 36"), but this work was just too heavy for him, and it was really hot (105+ degrees to be exact plus the heat index of 114 degrees). Yeah, I need a bigger trailer, I'm looking at getting a 7'x16' tandem open landscape trailer...eventually. I haven't gotten my AIM working yet :o

NNJLandman
08-05-2006, 01:01 AM
Looks good buddy, keep up the good work, lemme know if you ever need any help up that way.

Jeff

Dirty Water
08-05-2006, 11:18 AM
I feel like I just stepped into the kiddie pool.

mkwl
08-07-2006, 10:37 AM
I feel like I just stepped into the kiddie pool.

Jeez, you're almost as bad as MMlawn, what's the problem, you don't like the fact that people younger that you can do the same (probably better) job as you???

DoetschOutdoor
08-07-2006, 12:40 PM
He probably made the kiddie pool comment because you guys are all talking about getting your licenses...calm down, all you did in this project was put down some rock so there is really not much room to start getting offense. It looks good but then again you cant really screw up laying rock