PDA

View Full Version : Trailer floor?

Tharrell
08-04-2006, 08:53 PM
What do you guys treat your trailer floor with if anything?

LLandscaping
08-05-2006, 09:37 PM
I use Thomson water sealant and I apply it with a sprayer. I do it at least once sometimes twice a year just depending on the wood.

Tharrell
08-06-2006, 01:06 PM
It's brand new treated lumber, do I need to wait a while before treating it. Should I get it done before winter? It's going to be on my carport this winter.

Mike33
08-06-2006, 04:51 PM
I know this dont pertain to your ? but me and my wife goes to charlotte for nascar and stumbled in to Mt. Airy. What a neat town you live every body is friendly esp. being a andy Gr. fan when i was a kid. Even got my pic. taken in Floyds barbershop.
Mike

Tharrell
08-07-2006, 05:32 AM
Yeah, it's charming. Did you get a porkchop sandwich from Snappy Lunch next door to Floyds? If not, you missed out!

Choctaw Scalper
08-07-2006, 05:40 AM
I apply 1 gallon of used motor oil, to 1/4 gallon of diesel. Mix it in an old sprayer and spray it down or put it in a can and brush it on. Little messy for a few days but I have seen trailer decks last for years. Just treat it about 1 time a year or as it gets dry.

mike lane lawn care
08-07-2006, 11:58 AM
i have the composite decking, no need to treat it, worth the investment. but a good wood sealer from home depot or lowes will work fine, also some deck paint will work well.

Mike33
08-07-2006, 11:11 PM
Yeah, it's charming. Did you get a porkchop sandwich from Snappy Lunch next door to Floyds? If not, you missed out!
Yes, to keep the story going the night before we went to dinner at a buffet up the road from our motel. The motel had a old ford squad car , and a old truck with Emmits shop on the side. The young waitress at the rest. told us about the pork chop sandwich at the diner she worked at in mornings. We went there the next day and she was so excied to see us. That pork chop sandwich was so big for very little cost and the cole slaw and jelly on it was very surprising and good. You live in one hell of a town every one was so nice. We came back home and told everyone in Mt. Airy when folks say hi how are you doing they mean it. By the way , what was this thread about?:clapping:
Mike

TheLawnBarber
08-07-2006, 11:41 PM
I'm thinking about a Rhino linning for the deck of my trailer. Seems best to me for all the abuse the trailer gets.

lawnmaniac883
08-08-2006, 04:19 PM
I'm thinking about a Rhino linning for the deck of my trailer. Seems best to me for all the abuse the trailer gets.

Yea, it seems best until you see the price for it ;)

stuffdeer
08-08-2006, 04:22 PM
Well...Since mine is stell, I just paint it

Choctaw Scalper
08-14-2006, 05:02 AM
If you line it get them to jack it up and line the bottom as well.

tarp5350
08-14-2006, 08:13 PM
i use 50 percent diesel and 50 percent old motor oil here on the farm

Frosty_03
08-14-2006, 08:22 PM
Do you still treat your trailer if you used treated wood in the first place???:cool2: Help me out you all have me confused:hammerhead:

tarp5350
08-15-2006, 08:18 PM
i just bought a trailer about two months ago and the trailer guy told me i might want to put the 50% oil and 50% diesel on the boards because these so called treated lumber now days is not as good as they used to be. i notice the boards are green and after about a month after drying out, they started to shrink and there is gap between the boards. i put several coats on and in this 100 degees days they soaked up all of the oil. if it ever rain again the water should bead up and won,t soak in. just my 2 cents.

start2finish
08-15-2006, 09:55 PM
we haul enough equipment around that has sharp edges sitting on the trailer that we wear through the boards in places and replace them after 4-5 years. nice busy work for the help in winter.