PDA

View Full Version : my contribution.........pics

tthomass
08-05-2006, 11:33 PM
patio i just did recently.........it has not yet been acid washed nor have the treads had the torch taken to them

i wanted to have a full tread across both doors but they liked the steps this way instead

tthomass
08-05-2006, 11:36 PM
i've got some more pics show'n the whole patio but they're on a computer w/o access.................its rectangle about a 16x24.......far end is a smooth curve, no corners............the other end is the steps with one corner a wide smooth curve

THEGOLDPRO
08-05-2006, 11:36 PM
hmmmm it looks like a real nice job, wonder why they wanted the steps like that tho, looks weird, i woulda went with a full step, to cover the whole door opening.

tthomass
08-05-2006, 11:39 PM
they use the right door...........i don't think the left even opens

the layout is a little different but all together it turned out great and they're happy........done deal, now to sell them on plants

sildoc
08-05-2006, 11:44 PM
Looks like they have an accident waiting to happen. It looks good but I probably would have said full thread or no thread. Just trying to keep from having a lawsuit involving my company.

THEGOLDPRO
08-05-2006, 11:44 PM
i see what your saying, and you did a great job, but i would have extended the bottom step out more to the left, as with the middle step and then the top step i mean whats it an extra foot maybe that it needs to come over. the job quality looks top notch, but the steps look out of place.

Team-Green L&L
08-05-2006, 11:48 PM
I only have 1 question. How much did you bride the Building Inspector to approve the treads?

tthomass
08-05-2006, 11:51 PM
oh i agree..........both on the steps and quality ;)
my house, yes, extend over and cover each door fully.........i would have also had the top step be more of a landing..........say 24"............safety issue, carrying lots of stuff in your arms trying to open the door and leaning etc, good to ahve a wide base to stand on

but like i said, its how they wanted it so whatever :hammerhead:

tthomass
08-05-2006, 11:53 PM
what are you saying? what about the treads specifically?......i assume due to them not covering both doors but my previous post explains that

no inspector

THEGOLDPRO
08-05-2006, 11:54 PM
dont mind teamgreen he is jelious that you actually know how to build a patio and make it look good.

Team-Green L&L
08-05-2006, 11:59 PM
I'm not jealous buddy. I like the work. By the way, the paver job turned out great after redoing it. Quit dwelling on one mistake or I'll drill your every post. I like you also.

We have to have an inspector "okay" a structual job's blueprints before install and they would never approve this one for us. That's all I was saying buddy.

THEGOLDPRO
08-06-2006, 12:03 AM
ok champ, stick to designing logos no real skill needed there. drill my posts all you want, it will only make you looks like more of an asshat then you allready do.

tthomass
08-06-2006, 12:14 AM
what would your inspector fail it on? the step issue we discussed vs door width?

here you don't see inspectors on jobs much at all, most work is just "done"

Team-Green L&L
08-06-2006, 12:26 AM
what would your inspector fail it on? the step issue we discussed vs door width?

here you don't see inspectors on jobs much at all, most work is just "done"

Yes, the step. He would state that it was a hazard. If not now (because of the door), then at a later time (whenever the door is fixed or the home is sold and the new owners decide to step onto their new patio and break their neck).

Team-Green L&L
08-06-2006, 12:27 AM
ok champ, stick to designing logos no real skill needed there. drill my posts all you want, it will only make you looks like more of an asshat then you allready do.

You got me guy. Graphics design is not a skill! That's how ignorant you are!!!!! I offer $500 logos for a 10th of that. I paid $180 hr for graphics degns just 1 year ago. But you wouldn't know anything about it because $180 hr is more than your allowance.

kootoomootoo
08-06-2006, 12:28 AM
dont mind teamgreen he is jelious that you actually know how to build a patio and make it look good.

lmao

WHERE ARE THE IMMORTAL "FINISHED" PICS OF THAT PATIO TEAM GREEN:?

THEGOLDPRO
08-06-2006, 12:31 AM
lmao

haha, they dont exist, it looked like crap when you did it, and looks like crap now. d0ods a joke.

THEGOLDPRO
08-06-2006, 12:34 AM
You got me guy. Graphics design is not a skill! That's how ignorant you are!!!!! I offer $500 logos for a 10th of that. I paid $180 hr for graphics degns just 1 year ago. But you wouldn't know anything about it because $180 hr is more than your allowance.
man now you gotme, jeez when i grow up i hope to be atleast half the hack you are, man your like a landscape god,a god among men if you will, your my idle man.

Team-Green L&L
08-06-2006, 12:34 AM
After listening to a bunch of kids and critics, I've decided to stop posting any work. Critiquing work is always easier after the work is finished and you didn't do it. My guys went to a training class a week later and I forked out the cash for it. What more could I do? Besides talking about it a month later.

THEGOLDPRO
08-06-2006, 12:36 AM
After listening to a bunch of kids and critics, I've decided to stop posting any work. Critiquing work is always easier after the work is finished and you didn't do it. My guys went to a training class a week later and I forked out the cash for it. What more could I do? Besides talking about it a month later.
you could kill yourself????

Team-Green L&L
08-06-2006, 12:39 AM
I'll tell you what. If you want to compare I9's and 10-99's, we can do so. Agod, I will never be. An innovative marketer, well, you do the math: 2004 we claimed $19,000, 2005: $32,000 and this year (since I've been promoting: $67,000 in net already. Numbers don't lie...kids with mowers do.

Team-Green L&L
08-06-2006, 12:40 AM
you could kill yourself????

That was the most 15 year old comment I've heard all month! Where's your $3000.00 projects at?

THEGOLDPRO
08-06-2006, 12:41 AM
I'll tell you what. If you want to compare I9's and 10-99's, we can do so. Agod, I will never be. An innovative marketer, well, you do the math: 2004 we claimed $19,000, 2005: $32,000 and this year (since I've been promoting: $67,000 in net already. Numbers don't lie...kids with mowers do.
still not impressed fat guy, marketing means nothing when you do piss poor work.

THEGOLDPRO
08-06-2006, 12:42 AM
That was the most 15 year old comment I've heard all month! Where's your $3000.00 projects at?
wow really do i win something???

Team-Green L&L
08-06-2006, 12:43 AM
still not impressed fat guy, marketing means nothing when you do piss poor work.

Just so you understand how ******ed you are: I am 170 lbs (not too fat) and we have won, not one...not two, but 3 design awards. You happened to see a mistake and have been talking about it ever since. Play on Myspace. This forum is for grown folks!

THEGOLDPRO
08-06-2006, 12:48 AM
blahblahblah, you bore me man, im gonna stop filling this thread with your useless babble, sorry thomas. oh and yeah im still not impressed, try bragging to your uncle im sure he's proud of you, because we really dont care, im out.

Team-Green L&L
08-06-2006, 12:51 AM
blahblahblah, you bore me man, im gonna stop filling this thread with your useless babble, sorry thomas. oh and yeah im still not impressed, try bragging to your uncle im sure he's proud of you, because we really dont care, im out.

You're a joke! My uncle is my age, despite what your feeble mind is picturing. We're pushing 30 yrs old. More like brothers.

I second the apology tthomas. PM me for a free design when needed.

LANDSCAPER30
08-06-2006, 06:11 AM
Information is good on this site, however, I stopped posting pics because of this. I think most of the time people like to hear themselves talk. Some are so quick to pick something apart....its unbelievable!!! You should of done this...you should of done that.....jesus!!!! Work looks great!!!! If that is what the homeowner wanted you absolutely provided a great finished product for them....Keep pluggin' away.:usflag:

tthomass
08-06-2006, 10:04 AM
so can a mod please delete their bitching and get this post back to what it was originally? thanks!

Team-Green L&L
08-06-2006, 10:33 AM
Yes, tthomas, your work looks great! My reply was supposed to be a simple question, but Gold Pro doesn't like me much...the feeling's mutual.

Green-Pro
08-06-2006, 10:34 AM
I think the work looks god. I would however have a concern with the stairs and potential lawsuits. I posted some pics of stairs a while back, I thought they turned out pretty good, actually for the most part they did. Thing is there are some pretty sharp, seasoned individuals on here that both politely and maybe not so politely pointed out the shortcomings and potential legality issues related to the finished product. This is how we learn, through experiences and knowledge of others.
Personally I appreciate most of the feedback I get, I can choose to ignore or respond to those that wish to post responses meant to be inflammatory. I choose not to respond to these for the most part, and choose instead to focus on and respond to those with a sincere desire to help. That includes listening to those that point out shortcomings, imperfections, legality/safety issues, etc. Striving for perfection should always be in the forefront of any project IMHO and any way or tool we can use to better this philosophy, so much the better.
Overall I like the work tthomas, stairs as others have pointed out and I have learned contain a whole host of safety and legal issues to take into consideration, whether they will be inspected or not.

Team-Green L&L
08-06-2006, 10:40 AM
I think the work looks god. I would however have a concern with the stairs and potential lawsuits. I posted some pics of stairs a while back, I thought they turned out pretty good, actually for the most part they did. Thing is there are some pretty sharp, seasoned individuals on here that both politely and maybe not so politely pointed out the shortcomings and potential legality issues related to the finished product. This is how we learn, through experiences and knowledge of others.
Personally I appreciate most of the feedback I get, I can choose to ignore or respond to those that wish to post responses meant to be inflammatory. I choose not to respond to these for the most part, and choose instead to focus on and respond to those with a sincere desire to help. That includes listening to those that point out shortcomings, imperfections, legality/safety issues, etc. Striving for perfection should always be in the forefront of any project IMHO and any way or tool we can use to better this philosophy, so much the better.
Overall I like the work tthomas, stairs as others have pointed out and I have learned contain a whole host of safety and legal issues to take into consideration, whether they will be inspected or not.

Thank you so much for your post. I will try to ignore GOLDPRO in others threads from now on. I have high BP obviously. I only mentioned the steps because we have a stone mason that got sued (subcontractor) for a very similar project. The inspector did not come until a week after completion and the homeowner had already busted her knee open on the step due to it not having a lip and being a 24" elevation from stair to stair.

tthomass
08-06-2006, 11:04 AM
here's the patio.........some sod died but have since replaced it, sodding hte back yard was part of the project..............about 3500sq ft

Green-Pro
08-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Thank you so much for your post. I will try to ignore GOLDPRO in others threads from now on. I have high BP obviously. I only mentioned the steps because we have a stone mason that got sued (subcontractor) for a very similar project. The inspector did not come until a week after completion and the homeowner had already busted her knee open on the step due to it not having a lip and being a 24" elevation from stair to stair.

Ummm, sorry Team, but you were not one of the seasoned professionals I was referring to. Not trying to bust your chops but I'm referring to the folks with many years of hardscape apprenticeship moved on to ownership that post here.

I understand the need to defend oneself and your work, but this is an internet forum. helpful? yes!! Full of blowhards and wannabees? absolutely!! Intelligent, practitioners of the green industry? you bet!! Point is why even engage in this type of sparring?

StBalor
08-06-2006, 01:12 PM
I only have 1 question. How much did you bride the Building Inspector to approve the treads?

Bride? What now you have to marry the inspector to get him to pass something?

LOL, just funnin with ya.

GreenMonster
08-06-2006, 01:41 PM
Goldpro & teamgreen, it's one thing to derail a thread while staying on green related topics, it's another thing to be a couple of complete ******bags and hurl immature insults. Try using PM's next time.

Thomas, I think the patio looks good. At this point, I'm sure it's obvious that the stairs could have been done a little different. We all do things that seem right, or OK at the time, and then look back and wonder what made us do certain things. I think at some point, that will happen to you with these stairs. Otherwise, looks solid.

Dirty Water
08-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Thomas, even though the customer is the boss in the sense that they "sign" your paycheck, there are points where you have to put your foot down for liability reasions.

Other than that, I like your work.

tthomass
08-06-2006, 02:41 PM
greenmonster i don't like the stairs but its how they wanted them

i wanted to make them "fuller" but again, its how they wanted them..........

liability? i don't know, they wanted it that way and i'm not just gonna go back and demo out 3 stairs of solid concrete.....

perhaps next time yes i will insist on stairs be'n specific way........this job was the first i sold when i went into business for myself 2.5 months ago when i really needed the work

in the end, i don't like it, they do, i'm paid..........

lawnboy
08-06-2006, 05:27 PM
what are you guys using as your filler in between the joints? Morter?

tthomass
08-06-2006, 05:57 PM
yup...........use a bag, looks like you're about to decorate a cake haha

let it get stiff, take a pointer and scrape off the extra and clean up with a sponge...........wait a couple+ weeks and acid wash it

mortar i do 1/2 of a 94lb bag + 8 shovels of sand

for joints i've know people to do less sand, i don't

Team-Green L&L
08-06-2006, 06:29 PM
greenmonster i don't like the stairs but its how they wanted them

i wanted to make them "fuller" but again, its how they wanted them..........

liability? i don't know, they wanted it that way and i'm not just gonna go back and demo out 3 stairs of solid concrete.....

perhaps next time yes i will insist on stairs be'n specific way........this job was the first i sold when i went into business for myself 2.5 months ago when i really needed the work

in the end, i don't like it, they do, i'm paid..........

We did a paver patio that was notorious for errors, no harm done. We DID redo it though.

tthomass
08-06-2006, 07:20 PM
yeah the steps are an error and i'll be more firm on such things in the future, sometiems you just have to say "no"

otherwise the patio is on a good solid slab of concrete and sloped juuuuuuuuust right

kootoomootoo
09-10-2006, 06:07 PM
lmao

Still waiting?

Team-Green L&L
10-08-2006, 09:18 PM
First off I would like to appologize for the direction this post went tthomas, that is very nice work. One quick way to remedy the steps is to add a hand rail coming away from the left door. Keep up the good work.
Secondly I would like to appologize for my employee and the posts that were posted on this thread, but i cannot appologize for everyone else. I myself very rarely visit this site because of posts like these were people tend to pick peoples work apart because it is not there own and jelousy takes over. I have seen some truly rediculouse comments and remarks made by people that are supposed to be grown ups & professionals but never take them seriously because I consider the source, but when I see bickering like this posted with my company name on it I do take it personal. Once again I would like to appologize on behalf of my company.*trucewhiteflag*

Russell Wilson
Owner

Dirty Water
10-08-2006, 10:50 PM
Russel, is every post by Team Green by your employee? Including that crazy hardscaping horrible patio thread?

I'd have to let that guy go if it was me :laugh:

RedWolf
10-08-2006, 11:43 PM
Nice work man. When you comming here LOL. Looks great man and dont mind GoldPro.Like they always say "Once a dic*head always a dic*head. I have seen some of golds work.Looks like a 15 year old did it.

Digdug
10-09-2006, 06:51 PM
I dont see much liability there myself , because only one door opens and that has plenty of step. Oh well. doug

mbella
10-09-2006, 07:12 PM
I dont see much liability there myself , because only one door opens and that has plenty of step. Oh well. doug

That's what I was wondering. Where is the liability? If the left door doesn't open, I don't see it.

Those steps wouldn't even require a handrail in any municipality where we work.