PDA

View Full Version : a project i did

DodgeTruckMan731
08-06-2006, 06:37 PM
A little something i put together for my house, what do you guys think?

N&CLandscaping
08-06-2006, 06:46 PM
I really like that!

sheshovel
08-06-2006, 07:03 PM
You did a great job! I like it. Though I would trim back that big bush by the porch there and plant something taller in the circular bed by the driveway with the plants you already have in there. You just raised your property value and it looks very nice and colorfull.

J&R Landscaping
08-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Looks Great! Just sucks that you have the fire hydrant there.

LindblomRJ
08-06-2006, 11:21 PM
I like it.

DodgeTruckMan731
08-06-2006, 11:38 PM
Thanks everyone, yeah the fire hydrant is a PITA i have been trying to think of somthing to try to camo it in but with the city and having it be a fire hydrant im sure there is some kind of code, any ideas?

DodgeTruckMan731
08-06-2006, 11:49 PM
btw kkep the comments coming

DodgeTruckMan731
08-07-2006, 10:12 PM
come on guys keep them coming please

lawnmaniac883
08-07-2006, 10:16 PM
Nice job there. Dont think you are allowed to paint a fire hydrant though. The city atleast down here paints them bright yellow and white 2x/year.

TheLawnBarber
08-07-2006, 10:36 PM
Nice job man!!!

mcwlandscaping
08-08-2006, 01:12 AM
dude, that looks really really good! and it deffinatly looks like you did it right unlike some people who start their wall on some loam on the surface of the ground!!! it looks great!!

stuffdeer
08-08-2006, 10:54 AM
I'd love to do something like that...But...My mom wouldn't go for it.

We have a Koi Pond in our backyard which is nice. I might try and do something around that.

Brendan Smith
08-08-2006, 11:55 AM
i like it alot. now come do mine :laugh: :laugh:

FIRESCOOBY
08-08-2006, 12:48 PM
Thanks everyone, yeah the fire hydrant is a PITA i have been trying to think of somthing to try to camo it in but with the city and having it be a fire hydrant im sure there is some kind of code, any ideas?

Yeah, make sure that it can be seen from a minimum of 180 degrees. Unless of course you don't mind losing everything you have. If one of your neighbors houses catch on fire and the FF's can't see the hydrant, you'd be in trouble. You'd also be held liable. We depend on being able to see them easily and from a distance.

I take GREAT pleasure in removing bushes that people have planted to "hide", disguise, etc a fire hydrant. I ESPECIALLY enjoy removing those that are VERY expensive.

Feel fortunate you have a hydrant. Job looks really good though.

J&R Landscaping
08-09-2006, 08:52 AM
Yeah, make sure that it can be seen from a minimum of 180 degrees. Unless of course you don't mind losing everything you have. If one of your neighbors houses catch on fire and the FF's can't see the hydrant, you'd be in trouble. You'd also be held liable. We depend on being able to see them easily and from a distance.

I take GREAT pleasure in removing bushes that people have planted to "hide", disguise, etc a fire hydrant. I ESPECIALLY enjoy removing those that are VERY expensive.

Feel fortunate you have a hydrant. Job looks really good though.

Thats a little pigheaded IMO!

lugnut#6
08-09-2006, 10:29 AM
ive seen some around here paint the fire hydrant to make it look a lil better.

i think they get permission from the local fire dept and if they approve it then its ok.......i think

manfromearth
08-09-2006, 03:51 PM
I'd get a fake dog with it's leg hiked up and sit it next to the hydrant. Your segmented stone work looks great!

FIRESCOOBY
08-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Thats a little pigheaded IMO!

Is it? Well, look at it from our point of view.

You have a fast advancing fire with heavy involvement. You have confirmed entrappment of a child (maybe your child) in the uninvolved portion of the house. In order to effect this rescue and protect the rescue crews you must quickly deploy 2-3 handlines (each flowing 125 gpm). With the 500 gallons of water we carry, this will last just over a minute. In that time the engineer is hooking up to the hydrant to get positive water...oh no. He cannot see the hydrant. Now that child (maybe your child) doesn't have a chance, or the child and the ff's die trying to effect the rescue because they run out of water.

Pigheaded...I don't think so. That is throwing another UNEEDED risk in to my job that I DO NOT need. Let me give you an analogy. Let me go out to one of your yards and place some small anti-personnel mines in the yard that wasn't there last week. Is it still pigheaded?

Idealtim
08-10-2006, 12:10 AM
make your fire hydrant be the focal point of your stripes, it's right in the middle. Just something different?