PDA

View Full Version : Rear Gate Wont stay Down?

RedWingsDet
08-07-2006, 01:21 PM
My rear door on my enclosed trailer will not stay down. I push it down and all it does is go up.

Any Ideas? The pullys seem fine and so do the tensioner springs

grass_cuttin_fool
08-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Maybe spray the spring assembly with CRC or some type of lube. Maybe the spring is corroded or dry and in a bind. I know that doesnt explain it good, I was a mechanic with a trucking company for 20 years and thoose doors can be a pain, but surprising how much a little lube can help. also one other thing, make sure one of the cables hasnt came off the spool and got around the shaft

wayne

Dano50
08-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Try spraying it with Fluid Film (http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com). With no solvent content it will stay lubricated for an extended period of time. Longer than any other product on the market.

MarcSmith
08-07-2006, 01:31 PM
If you drop the door, and then it rises back off the ground, is your spring wound too tight? or do you need to lengthen the lifting wires.

Do be careful if you mess with the spring. they can be dangerous. And never unhook both lifting wires at the same time....

grass_cuttin_fool
08-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Try spraying it with Fluid Film (http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com). With no solvent content it will stay lubricated for an extended period of time. Longer than any other product on the market.

Dummy me..........yes use fluid film to lube it............fluid film is good stuff!!!!!!

wayne

Daner
08-10-2006, 07:19 PM
Dummy me..........yes use fluid film to lube it............fluid film is good stuff!!!!!!

wayneFluid Film...I Love that stuff:)

RedWingsDet
08-10-2006, 10:11 PM
I got it fixed. It was just because the flap on the back fell off, so it made the weight just a tad less which then ofset the springs. I screwed the flap back in place and it was working again. thanks for the help guys

ed2hess
08-10-2006, 11:05 PM
Better learn how to replace those springs ours don't last a full year and when it breaks you better be out of the way. It is almost impossible for one person to raise the ramp. We open and close ours about 40 times a day so it get a lot of use.