PDA

View Full Version : House hunting, can you all give some advice.

Tim03
08-07-2006, 06:28 PM
I know lawn site might not be the right place to ask this, but I figure someone here has run across this with customers and could point me in the right direction.

There is a house on the market I am interested in, but its not in the best shape. The kids have been put through college and the parents now want to move on from the big house.

Below are some photos of the side of the house that are dirty. The 'dirt' might actually stains from the large tree and bushes growing against the house, I am not sure. I didn't spend a lot of time looking at the house but I did try to rub the 'dirt' away with my hand using a small amount of pressure. Hardly any came off.

My question is, can this even be cleaned off somehow by me or a professional? If by professional how much could it run?

Here are the pictures. All I have is an older 2.0 meg Olympus digital that I can't bring myself to replacing because it still works real well.

Oh yeah, I have never owned a house before. I am new at this.

rfed32
08-07-2006, 06:37 PM
good chance you could do it with a power washer if not hire someone who has a power washing biz they have better equipt then what u can pick up from homedepot but im sure that can come off....

dvmcmrhp52
08-07-2006, 06:39 PM
A pressure washer with some cleaner and a scrub brush should clean it up nicely.
Unless it's painted wood siding.......then just repaint after cleanup.

DoetschOutdoor
08-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Yea, a pressure washer would take that off no problem

ChipsEarthWorks
08-07-2006, 07:14 PM
Try simple green or something simler to that, and a pres washer that should clean it up pretty well, DO NOT USE stuff like CASTROL SUPER CLEAN i have actully seen it deteriate the siding something it that stuff is not good for siding.

Tim03
08-07-2006, 07:21 PM
So the fact that I could not rub it off with my hand isn't a concern? I didn't think a pressure washer would help on something I couldn't wipe away at least part of with my hand.

TURF DOCTOR
08-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Try Pool Bleach.

METRO 36
08-07-2006, 08:56 PM
bleach or simple green as already posted, spray it first with a hose or pressure washer then scrub it with the soap. Let it sit on the house and do it's thing then pressure wash it off, and just repeat as needed.

Tim03
08-07-2006, 08:58 PM
Thanks all!

I shall keep this in mind while house hunting!