PDA

View Full Version : S250 joystick issues

redhornet
08-09-2006, 10:31 PM
I have a s250 I'm currently demo'ing,I love almost everything about the machine except the highly promoted electric over hydraulic joysticks,I even love the righthand joystick for the loader,but driving with the left one in my humble opinion is......

painfully slow unless reved right out

has a hesitation while the solinoid tells the hydraulics what to do

has a "run on " effect while the solinoid tells the hyds what not to do,and this can be very disconserting if you just ran up to a dropoff,or building.

dosnt allow you to inch up to somthing,because its either going or stoped (no feathering) even with the inching button,cause all that does is make the power to the hyd drive intermittent.

this is what I have found,and it may be enough for me to go to cat or case,because its more of an issue than i thought it might be,any thoughts?thanx alot.

start2finish
08-09-2006, 10:47 PM
we own one, it takes a little getting used to , it will feel especially slow after running a gehl or takeuchi. i use the foot throttle most of the time setting the hand throttle at 1/3-1/2 and mashing the foot throttle to load the bucket or spin around when needed.

ksss
08-09-2006, 11:03 PM
The Bobcat AHC (advanced hand controls) is anything but advanced. I think the Bobcat E/H (also called pilot controls) controls are much better. The feedback in the sticks along with the poor response make the AHC a dog.

dozerman21
08-09-2006, 11:33 PM
I traded my Bobcat T-300 in for a Deere for some of those reasons. I had one of those motors that drives the lift/tilt pumps go out, and the machine only had 500 hours on it. I had the ACS controls on the Bobcat that I got used to, but I'll take straight linkage to the hydraulics from here on out. It's less things to break down, and in my opinion, you get a better feel for the controls.

redhornet
08-10-2006, 01:23 AM
Sorry for the confusion,the s250 I have for demo has the sjc selectable hand controls,and the comments about the response I was refering to was while I had it switched to joystick controls.

as a side note,does anyone offer actuale pilot controls in a skid steer?I think this s250 just has E/H electric over hydraulic,correct?thanx again

ksss
08-10-2006, 01:40 AM
Yes. CAT, Volvo, Komatsu, Takeuchi, CASE to release theirs anytime.

Tigerotor77W
08-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Apparently, Mustang now offers pilot controls, though the release makes no mention of an anti-stall type valve...

http://www.mustangmfg.com/mustangmfg/press_room/display.php?release=31.0