PDA

View Full Version : Hedge Trimming Question

Landscape89
08-09-2006, 10:54 PM
I see different landscapers do different things when it comes to Trimming Shrubs. Some people want all there Bushes Trimmed and Shaped while others want only Evergreens ( Yews, etc.) done. How do you guys approach this?

joubenlawnservices
09-29-2006, 01:25 AM
It depends partially on the landscaping design. A formal landscape will usually have just about everything kept real tight and trim. A more informal design will let more plants follow their natural habit. You also should consult your customer. If they're not happy it doesn't matter how you trim it.

terrapro
09-29-2006, 09:03 AM
It depends partially on the landscaping design. A formal landscape will usually have just about everything kept real tight and trim. A more informal design will let more plants follow their natural habit. You also should consult your customer. If they're not happy it doesn't matter how you trim it.
pretty much sums it up......there are lots of things though that you should not trim but prune and only at certain times of the year like hydrangeas, butterflybushes, grasses, mums, magnolias.......

noseha
09-29-2006, 09:23 AM

damn, your 2nd post and you hit that one! i'm going to watch your post. for the record i'm sorry if i made you mad. right off the bat! I guess i'm a jerk. but i don't mean to be.

sinsere
10-12-2006, 07:35 PM
Trim everything unless otherwise stated.