PDA

View Full Version : Leaf / Fall Clean up Problems

RossP
08-12-2006, 08:48 PM
I own a husqvarna WB and planning on picking up an accelerator w/ leaf extension. Im going to have a good amount of fall/leaf clean up clients for the coming season. Im wondering on what the best steps to cleaning up your typical leave covered lawn. should i have employee backpack blow all the leaves in lines and then i mow over them to pick them up with accelerator? any suggestions, tips or steps on how to complete would be great!

lawncare18
08-12-2006, 09:18 PM
I would have your workers blow all the leafs away from the houses, tree bases, flower beds etc, then you should walk the mower around just like your mowing the lawn and suck all of them up. I would also add mulcher blades to schread them even smaller for you. You got a picture of your set up, interested in seing a pic of that mower you got!!!

RossP
08-12-2006, 09:36 PM
thanks! i can get a pic up shortly. also, do you have any set pricing method? what would you typically charge?

Ron's Lawncare
08-12-2006, 09:47 PM
thanks! i can get a pic up shortly. also, do you have any set pricing method? what would you typically charge?

i give a quoted price because customers don't need to know my hourly rate. but i figure $60.00-$70.00 an hr. you would be surprised how fast you can clean up a lawn with the proper equipment. i did a fall cleanup lastyear in 3 hrs. the customer told me it took him and his wife 8 hrs each to rake and tarp the leaves into the woods.

lawncare18
08-12-2006, 09:52 PM
Agree with the above 100 percent!!!