PDA

View Full Version : Gyro Trac Toma-AX 500HF anybody

rutwad
08-13-2006, 09:13 PM
Does anybody know anything about this mulcher head? The website makes it sound real appealing, but that's alot of money to make a wrong decicion.

ksss
08-13-2006, 11:20 PM
That must be a big market because there sure are a lot of different companies making those attachments. I don't know who's is better. I would talk to guys in the that market and see what features they like and don't like about their attachments. I really don't get why they cost soo much. Carbide teeth, on a roller, with a high flow hyd. motor. It doesn't seem that complex to me. However you can drop 30K real easy on one.

rutwad
08-14-2006, 02:56 AM
I was hoping to find someone on here that has used this head or some of the others. And salemen all swear their brand is best. So I need some users input. Loftness, FAE, Fecon, Magnum, anybody have any experience with any of these?

Know of any other websites that may be helpfull?

RipT
08-15-2006, 07:38 PM
Do a search here and on TractorByNet.com under Construction Equipment, I think. There have been a number of first hand reports of users of most of these brands.

As I recall, most difference is in type of cutter head (blades vs teeth, etc) and machine they are mounted on (high flow being a big factor). The Gyro Trac is uniquely designed for low-flow however but have not seen how it really compares with the other high-flow machines. Have not heard that any of the brands mentioned were bad or junk though.

Stroker
08-16-2006, 06:23 PM
Gyro Trac dips everything they make in solid gold. Thats the only reason why I can figure out why its 10k more than the Fecon or Loftness.

I run the Loftness Carbide Cutter. No complaints what so ever. The P.O.S. ASV RC-100 running it is a different story...

Scag48
08-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Stroker, would you care to elaborate about the problems you've had with the RC-100? I was pretty sure they were good machines, are you hinting otherwise?

Stroker
08-16-2006, 07:11 PM
Stroker, would you care to elaborate about the problems you've had with the RC-100? I was pretty sure they were good machines, are you hinting otherwise?

I just made a new thread elaborating on the past 5 months with my ASV

minimax
08-17-2006, 12:24 AM
Have you looked at US MOWER they build a great mower,look at the skid steer heads

jsbiker
09-23-2006, 11:18 AM
OH NO another Gyro Trac..... run ..... run fast LOL they make the worst copies of heads, they are on the bottom of of my list of heads, they make changes on them just to make changes. can we say junk yes we can