PDA

View Full Version : White Haulmark Trailer & Exterior Stains

J. Bret Holder
08-14-2006, 07:19 PM
After Hurricane Katrina, I purchased a new 16' Haulmark trailer. The trailer has been great, but black streaks and water stains running down the side of the trailer has been a problem.

The only product that I have found that can really remove the stains is Flitz metal polish. I am in the process of finding something better, but until then, it's going to take a little extra elbow grease to keep this trailer clean.

The other option that I found is to install EZE RV Gutters. This stull apparently stops leaks and streaks. I have ordered this product and will let you all know how well it works or not. Their Website ishttp://www.rvgutters.com/

Hope this helps.

firecapt13
08-14-2006, 10:56 PM
find a power washer supply store( a real one not homedepot or northern tool). get what they have to clean gutters, gutter zap, gutterschock

mojob
08-14-2006, 11:17 PM
My Haulmark does the same thing but I've been too busy to deal with it. Maybe this winter I'll have a little more time. Have you contacted Haulmark to see what they say?

J. Bret Holder
08-14-2006, 11:22 PM
Nope, haven't contacted Haulmark. But the RV resellers are very familiar with the black streak problem, whether it is fiberglass RVs or Aluminum.

There is a product called Black Streak remover, but it didn't seem to work well enough; however, the Flitz did the job.

Thanks for the feedback.

J. Bret Holder
08-14-2006, 11:26 PM
find a power washer supply store( a real one not homedepot or northern tool). get what they have to clean gutters, gutter zap, gutterschock

Thanks Firecapt,

I will try that.