PDA

View Full Version : august edition, possible messup with product tester

mcwlandscaping
08-14-2006, 11:27 PM
i dont know if it is anyone on here, but in the august 2006 issue there is someone testing a shidy eb3510. What im wondering is, he kept calling it a four stroke motor but said it takes the mixed gas still. Is this just another case of someone mixing up technologies similar to people calling the stihl four mix a four stroke motor? Or is the shiny motor actually considered a four stroke motor? who ever tested it, im not trying to put you down at all, but, im just currious.

thanks
mike

dvmcmrhp52
08-14-2006, 11:40 PM
The Stihl four mix IS a four stroke motor.

Dstosh
08-15-2006, 08:57 AM
Shindaiwa C4 Is a 4 Mix. It has Valves like a 4 stroke does but you still have to mix the gas.

South Florida Lawns
08-21-2006, 06:14 PM
Wonder how they compare to stihl?

grass_cuttin_fool
08-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Wonder how they compare to stihl?
Im wondering the samething, Stihl is very popular here (alot of dealers) The Shindiawa are alot fewer in dealers, the dealer I got my tiger cub from sells them also.

Back to the original post, allthough they use a mix, both the stihl and shindiawa are 4 stroke engines.

wayne

J&R Landscaping
08-21-2006, 10:18 PM
A few lcos run the C4 shindy equipment around me. They use them a lot for working around nursing homes and such because the are really quiet. Thats what I've heard anyway, but me...I'll stick to standard 2 cycle!! JMO

lawnspecialties
08-22-2006, 11:57 AM
I have a C4 with the split-shaft (hedge trimmer and tiller). For hedge trimming, I hate it because it is so typically slow. For the tiller, I love it because it has a ton of torque for such a little engine. In other words, it's typical four-stroke.

And yes, I do have to mix the fuel. I run the Opti-2 just like everything else I have.:)