PDA

View Full Version : Spray or Granular

sbatzold
08-15-2006, 07:13 AM
Which is preferred for weed killer and fertilizer, liquid spray or granular?

NNL&LS
08-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Weed killer: spray .. try speedzone or trimec. Use a granular fert in the spring with pendimethalin on it for crabgrass. Granular fert all year.. a good one i'm using now is from lebanon.. 23-4-10. good slow release with about a 8-10 week life on the N.

ed2hess
08-15-2006, 08:19 PM
Weed-B-Gon and MSMA both available at Home Depot works just fine on southern weeds. Can't use MSMA on some grasses so you must watch instructions.

Critical Care
08-16-2006, 12:51 PM
First of all, liquid products leach through the soil quicker than granular products and so their residual effect generally isn’t as good as granular. However, I use both – it all depends.

If I only have a few weeds in a lawn, then I spray those, but if the whole lawn is full of weeds then I may go with a granular product. However the reason for this is because I don’t have a boom sprayer. If you have a chemical injection system on your sprinkler system, then you’d use a liquid fertilizer. In this case, a little bit is being applied to the turf whenever you water. Some people do enjoy getting out with their garden hoses and spraying fertilizer on their lawns, but just like an automated injection system, just plan on doing it often.