PDA

View Full Version : 2 part question.......

forestfireguy
08-15-2006, 08:48 PM
How do you lay pavers, standing or kneeling?

Do you get wrist pain when doing pavers on your hands and knees?

cgland
08-15-2006, 09:12 PM
Always standing! Kneeling is slower and makes you lazy. You also have a better reach standing.

chris

mrusk
08-15-2006, 10:01 PM
I honestly find myself kneeling most of the time. But i am the boss and can do whatever i want. Anyways i pretty fast wheather kneeling or standing.

Dreams To Designs
08-16-2006, 07:02 AM
Standing is quicker, safer and easier on your back. It seems everyone starts kneeling, and maybe as we get older we stand because it is easier to click and drop while someone is bringing you material.

Kirk

Drafto
08-16-2006, 08:33 PM
Stand you lazy bast@rds! Stand! Stand! Stand! No matter how good your knee pads are you are doing damage to your knees. Being bent over for long periods is not bad for a back, especially when you are not heavy lifting. You can strengthen a back, but your knee caps were not meant to be open and crawled on. It is called "Nurses Knee" do a search on Google for it. If you are on your knee you are wasting time and wrecking your future walking ability.

I am on a rant, I just lost a guy yesterday because he would not listen to me about standing, he was always on his knees. So I put a guy next to him standing and they laid pavers, the guys standing layed more than double. He quit, he thought that because the last 5 places he worked let him kneel I should too.................not on my dime.

Dan

Drafto
08-16-2006, 08:35 PM
Always standing! Kneeling is slower and makes you lazy. You also have a better reach standing.

chris

Hey Chris - Seriously how do you lay pavers with your glasses on? Don't sweat drops get on them?

Dan

tthomass
08-16-2006, 11:46 PM
if i haven't put down any in a while the muscles in my hands will be really sore from grabbing the pavers and holding them with a wide grip

paponte
08-17-2006, 07:43 AM
I try to stand as much as possible. When doing tedious cuts I tend to fnd myself on one knee. It's almost like breaking out of a bad habit. :)

orionkf
08-17-2006, 09:46 PM
So does everybody set wall base while standing as well?

Mike33
08-17-2006, 10:19 PM
No, i kneel.
Mike

GreenMonster
08-17-2006, 10:55 PM
Northern sells a nice, low shop seat with four casters. I sit my azz down on that bad boy, and have the bitches fetch pavers for me. Then, it's click-drop, click-drop, click-drop, sip of iced tea, click-drop, click-drop, click-drop, sip of iced tea, repeat as necessary.

paponte
08-18-2006, 06:49 AM
LMAO!! Now... thats how you install pavers. The only thing better than that is sitting in your office and getting a call on the radio "Were laying pavers now". :)