PDA

View Full Version : WTB 36" WB. Odd request, please read

chefdave
08-16-2006, 11:00 PM
I'm in Michigan and need a reliable 36" walk behind mower. I don't need a grass catcher or sulkey, and I don't mind if it's hydro or gear drive. I only need something that will last through this season (two more months, hopefully). I'm out of the business for good when the snow flies. I currently have a 30" snapper but need something a little more heavy duty. I am a one man operation with 35 lawns each week.

If anyone can help me out I am willing to spend between $400 and $700, and will drive a reasonable distance to pick up.:drinkup:

Signature Landscaping1
08-16-2006, 11:37 PM
I will sell you a 2001 Bobcat 36'' Gear drive w/b, with blown engine for $400.

chefdave
08-17-2006, 11:21 PM
Thanks anyway, I need something that is ready to go. I don't have the time for repairs at this point.

chefdave
08-21-2006, 07:43 AM
I would also take anything under 36". Like a 30" or 33" as long as it's heavy duty commercial grade. Anyone out there?

The landscaper
08-22-2006, 08:27 AM
I have that 36 scag for 650. It has the catcher and velke but I'm sure you could sell those both if you wanted to and would have a dirt cheap mower then.

The landscaper
08-22-2006, 08:28 AM
I could meet near toledo area.

chefdave
08-22-2006, 12:38 PM
Yep, keeping you in mind. I'm glad it's still available. I'll be back in Michigan on the 24th. Maybe we could hook up that weekend or early the next week. I'll drop you a line when I get back.

chefdave
08-22-2006, 06:23 PM
I can't send PM's so I was wondering if I can pay you through Paypal. I need to use the company card so I can claim it.

beck
08-22-2006, 08:53 PM
i've got a 36" exmark for sale I would take 900 for it.
http://******************/showthread.php?t=16991

The landscaper
08-23-2006, 09:59 PM
i have never done that. Im sure we could figure it out though.

stumper1620
08-23-2006, 10:08 PM
I'm in Michigan and need a reliable 36" walk behind mower. I don't need a grass catcher or sulkey, and I don't mind if it's hydro or gear drive. I only need something that will last through this season (two more months, hopefully). I'm out of the business for good when the snow flies. I currently have a 30" snapper but need something a little more heavy duty. I am a one man operation with 35 lawns each week.

If anyone can help me out I am willing to spend between $400 and $700, and will drive a reasonable distance to pick up.:drinkup:
I have a like new JD GS 30 just had on e-bay, didn't sell for what I want out of it. you would need to pay more than your offering though. I don't need to sell it, I just don't need it and its been in my garage in the way not making me any money for too long, I f I don't sell it I'm going to give it to my boys next year to go lowball the town and make themselves some cash.

chefdave
08-24-2006, 10:35 AM
i have never done that. Im sure we could figure it out though.
It's easy, and free for you. YOu just sign up and I transfer money to your account. They charge for the actual service, but I could include a little extra to cover the cost. Maybe $10 at the most for the amount we are talking. Go to paypal.com and check it out.:drinkup:

chefdave
08-24-2006, 10:36 AM
I have a like new JD GS 30 just had on e-bay, didn't sell for what I want out of it. you would need to pay more than your offering though. I don't need to sell it, I just don't need it and its been in my garage in the way not making me any money for too long, I f I don't sell it I'm going to give it to my boys next year to go lowball the town and make themselves some cash. Thanks, I really need to stay within my budget though. I only have two more months to make up the cost.

chefdave
08-24-2006, 10:37 AM
i've got a 36" exmark for sale I would take 900 for it.
http://******************/showthread.php?t=16991
Thanks, a little rich for my blood though. I really need to stay within my budget.:)

M D S Lawn and Snow
08-25-2006, 09:44 PM
ChefDave,
Dumb ? But if you are out when the snow flys then who is going to take care of you cliants next year? would you be willing to sell those contracts to another contractor just figured i would ask?

chefdave
08-25-2006, 10:04 PM
I am a private contractor for bank and real estate owned properties (forclosures). I take properties each season based on my availability. I've done this for the past few years to pay my expenses while finishing school. I'm done in December so I just tell them that I will no longer be available. If you would be willing to pick up some properties in the Oakland county area, I can give your name to my contact for future reference. It's a tough gig though, I have to take before and after pictures of each property, and complete them as they come up. Sometimes I get 5 or 6 in one day that I have to fit into my schedule within a day or two. If you have another route it would be tough to fit these in. But if you are interested let me know.

chefdave
08-25-2006, 10:06 PM
It also includes snow removal if you are interested. I won't be able to take many this winter, but there are many in the area.

M D S Lawn and Snow
08-25-2006, 11:09 PM
Chefdave,
I am working for one Realtor right now and i am familiar with the process i am a contractor for ocwen is this the same bank you are doing work for?
Thanks Mark

chefdave
08-25-2006, 11:33 PM
No, mostly Jack Christensen and a few small companies and banks. Most of them are out of state which is why I need the pictures.

M D S Lawn and Snow
08-26-2006, 09:28 AM
I see, The bank i work for is located in orlando florida that is why they require pics. do you work just oakland county?

Thanks Mark

chefdave
08-26-2006, 02:36 PM
Mostly Oakland, but all over. I have one in Macomb Township right now along with a few in Commerce. Mostly Warren, Sterling Heights, Southfield. If you can handle another 30 to 40 accounts I can give your name to my contact.

M D S Lawn and Snow
08-26-2006, 02:47 PM
I would have no problem adding another 30 to 40 to my route.
That would be great.

By the way what are you going to school for?

The landscaper
08-26-2006, 07:04 PM
chef....give me a call. 440-225-8378

chefdave
08-26-2006, 10:17 PM
I would have no problem adding another 30 to 40 to my route.
That would be great.

By the way what are you going to school for?
Finishing school to be a teacher. I have been a professional chef (certified)for the past 15 years. Got tired of the 95 hour weeks and not seeing my wife and son for months at a time so I decided to join the teaching profession. In the meantime I have used lawm mowing to pay for my schooling and provide an income. 15 summers stuck in a kitchen was killing me. Mowing lawns in the sunshine for the past few years has been heaven. Even the 90+ degree days could not compare to 120 degree kitchens for 15 to 20 hours a day.

Send me some contact information and I will pass it along to my contact. This guy is a very good friend of mine so I need someone that is dependable, courteous, and willing to do whatever it takes. He is easy to work with, but depends on guys like us to get the job done so his kids can eat. This is not a "do it when I feel like it" kind of job. Each bank demands set cut dates and expects photos on that day. Any delay in communication means no pay. If you think you can handle that kind of responsibility I will pass on your information. Not trying to be an A-hole, but I take this very seriously. I'm not a 16 year old kid trying to make enough money to buy the next Nintendo game. :)

chefdave
08-26-2006, 10:18 PM
chef....give me a call. 440-225-8378
I'll call you early next week. I have a busy few days catching up on lawns after my vacation.:dizzy:

M D S Lawn and Snow
08-27-2006, 12:54 AM
Chef Dave,

I tried to pm you my info but it said you weren't accepting them so here is my # Just give me a call when you get a chance.

1-248-249-2276
Thanks
Mark

chefdave
08-31-2006, 10:44 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten. I am still interested in buying your 36". I'll give you a call either over the weekend or early next week. I had to wait for a customer payment to clear. All is good to go now.:drinkup: