PDA

View Full Version : Backhoe for S185

BostonGuy
08-17-2006, 11:03 AM
I looking for a used backhoe for my S185. What do I need to know before buying? What models fit what? Are special adapters needed? I came across a Woods for sale. They were not sure of the model other than it was used for a skid steer. They sent me a picture. Can anyone guess what model Woods unit this is? What is the price range for good condition used backhoe attachments?

farmboy555
08-17-2006, 03:40 PM
Get a 709 Bobcat attachment, look at the specs and you will see it has a lot more breaking force and has a good solid mounting system for your Bobcat. You can buy one (I just did) on Ebay for 3-4 grand. dennis

ksss
08-17-2006, 10:53 PM
Bobcat doesn't build their own backhoe attachment. It is either woods or Bradco I don't remember. The one in the picture is a smaller hoe but you have a smaller machine. If you get too big of a hoe attachment you will have difficulty moving around a job site with it. Personally the best thing you can do with one is dig a hole, push the attachment into it and bury it. I would take the money and put it toward a miniex. I bought my first mini ex used for 16K ran it for 4 years and got 13K out of it when I sold it. Your mileage may vary. Those attachments may work for very small excavation jobs, but they allow no room for business expansion or to take on large excavation jobs. IMHO