PDA

View Full Version : Power washing

JG Landscaping
08-18-2006, 12:25 AM
Anyone who does it on here? How much do you charge and how do you do it, by the hour? Just curious. thanks alot.

AAELI
08-18-2006, 05:21 AM
We charge by the square foot.

ChadsLawn
08-18-2006, 03:06 PM
Poncho sent me here. It helped me land my first P/W.
http://www.dcs1.com/del/pricing.html

DoetschOutdoor
08-18-2006, 03:42 PM
I have made $100/hour pressure washing and have also made as little as 35/hour for washing. I think most people have a set price like sq ft or whatever but I find it hard to judge like that because alot of surfaces are too different to use the same pricing scale on (being dirtier, different types of surface are harder to clean somtimes, etc).

ed2hess
08-18-2006, 04:49 PM
I have made $100/hour pressure washing and have also made as little as 35/hour for washing. I think most people have a set price like sq ft or whatever but I find it hard to judge like that because alot of surfaces are too different to use the same pricing scale on (being dirtier, different types of surface are harder to clean somtimes, etc).
What do you do about gum?

AAELI
08-18-2006, 05:21 PM
What do you do about gum?

We generally carry a scraper around to address that particular problem. Did a strip mall sidewalk early one morning with wads of the junk embedded in the concrete.

JG Landscaping
08-18-2006, 07:06 PM
thanks for the reply's all.

ed2hess
08-18-2006, 08:50 PM
We generally carry a scraper around to address that particular problem. Did a strip mall sidewalk early one morning with wads of the junk embedded in the concrete.
I was noticing today that the gum has turned into a black spot on the concrete, those can be scraped off? Never tried but it looked like it was almost part of the concrete.

TURF DOCTOR
08-18-2006, 09:19 PM
The thing about gum is when removed with hot water it will leave a dark spot it really does no good.

Randy J
08-19-2006, 07:43 AM
I saw an add for an oil stain remover in a magazine. I didn't pay enough attention and now I can't remember what it was. Said just pour, let it dry and they wash off. I would think if it really works, that it would work for other stains also - such as the gum. By the way, there's a pressure washing forum - though I lost the link.