PDA

View Full Version : Lettering trucks?

qualitylawnmanagement
08-18-2006, 01:40 AM
Ok, the color of the truck I am looking at is gray stone metallic. The truck is a Chevy 2500HD crew cab short bed 6.6 auto with the new 6 speed auto Would color should the lettering be? Also how many people plow with crew cabs?

DAMSLandscaping
08-18-2006, 03:16 PM
I think a dark red would look good.. Just my two cents..

mcwlandscaping
08-19-2006, 12:59 AM
what year of truck?

qualitylawnmanagement
08-19-2006, 10:33 PM
what year of truck?

2007 chevy duramax

mcwlandscaping
08-19-2006, 10:53 PM
plowing with a crew cab will suck big time IMO, ive been plowing for a long time (yea i know i don't even have my license yet) in just an ext cab and that can be a pita at times.

grassmanak
08-19-2006, 11:03 PM
plowing with a crew cab will suck big time IMO, ive been plowing for a long time (yea i know i don't even have my license yet) in just an ext cab and that can be a pita at times.

Ignore people that sit on phone books too drive, plowing with a crew can is fine, just have to be a little more careful, its nice to be able to see out the windows, plus its comfortable.

qualitylawnmanagement
08-20-2006, 12:03 AM

Yea mike I know what you mean about being a crew cab and plowing. But this is going to be a personal/ work truck. I am leaning more towards an ext cab long bed though. My regular cab is getting small right now, hauling 3 people while doing jobs is kinda of a tight fit.

qualitylawnmanagement
08-20-2006, 12:07 AM
Ignore people that sit on phone books too drive, plowing with a crew can is fine, just have to be a little more careful, its nice to be able to see out the windows, plus its comfortable.

Yea, thats what I like about having a crew cab more room and hauling my crew around and still being comfortable.

mcwlandscaping
08-20-2006, 12:11 AM
the new ext cabs are quite roomy.

Scag48
08-20-2006, 04:48 AM
I would imagine a crew would be fine for plowing, you actually have some side windows to look out of. I hate extended cab side windows, they're too small for anything, there might as well be sheet metal over them. Best visibility is standard cabs and crews, I'm partial to standards though.

I would never buy a truck unless it had a long box, which makes it impossible for me to ever buy a crew cab because the truck gets to be like steering the titanic in a hurry. But if you can get away with a short box, go for the crew cab.

There you go talking about stuff you have no clue about again. And you were talking about plowing in a suburban in your other thread. Now THAT'S a PITA my friend.

murray83
08-20-2006, 08:05 AM
anyways back to lettering.............lol

with the dark grey color i'd think the silver reflective lettering would look sweet i think maybe in the rear windows if your logo isn't that large

just a thought

bbailey
08-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Here are some of my lettering pics:cool2:

Dirty Water
08-20-2006, 11:37 AM
anyways back to lettering.............lol

with the dark grey color i'd think the silver reflective lettering would look sweet i think maybe in the rear windows if your logo isn't that large

just a thought

Both Red and Silver won't have a high enough contrast on grey in my opinion.

If you could incorporate a logo with a white background, the contrast would really show up even at a passing glance.

murray83
08-20-2006, 02:48 PM
i was thinking in my earlier post since its a crew cab to have lettering in the 2 rear windows in the silver lettering on the stock tinted windows like you see on some extended cabs,it does look nice and stands out

qualitylawnmanagement
08-20-2006, 05:33 PM
I would imagine a crew would be fine for plowing, you actually have some side windows to look out of. I hate extended cab side windows, they're too small for anything, there might as well be sheet metal over them. Best visibility is standard cabs and crews, I'm partial to standards though.

I would never buy a truck unless it had a long box, which makes it impossible for me to ever buy a crew cab because the truck gets to be like steering the titanic in a hurry. But if you can get away with a short box, go for the crew cab.

Thanks scag48, I know it is hard to work out of if you don't have a 8ft bed. I really would like to go to the crew cab but then again I love having a 8ft, and then plowing really would be a PITA cause of the length of the truck being crew and a 8ft bed. But the more and more I think about I am leaning more towards the ext cab with an 8ft bed. I got to use a 2006 ext with a 8ft bed hauling my 18ft trailer and it did perfect. And for plowing with this truck I plan to get a hidden back up camera on the back of the tail gate and having a screen in the cab. My buddy had one of these on his crew cab and he said it worked great for him.

qualitylawnmanagement
08-20-2006, 05:36 PM
Both Red and Silver won't have a high enough contrast on grey in my opinion.

If you could incorporate a logo with a white background, the contrast would really show up even at a passing glance.

Thanks dirt water. Here is my logo, I think I might just change it to a white logo instead of green.

qualitylawnmanagement
08-20-2006, 05:39 PM
here is a picture of the truck I am thinking about getting. I love this color.:drinkup:

qualitylawnmanagement
08-20-2006, 05:41 PM
i was thinking in my earlier post since its a crew cab to have lettering in the 2 rear windows in the silver lettering on the stock tinted windows like you see on some extended cabs,it does look nice and stands out

Yea, I may just do the windows for the first year. Cause you know it is a personal truck. But the window thing is something I am considering big time. Thanks!

Scag48
08-20-2006, 11:06 PM
I hate to say it, but you need the extended with an 8 foot box. :drinkup: You'll just have to deal with the visibility plowing, but the truck will be more suited to your needs. You gotta sit down and weigh your options. If you use the truck more for plowing than you do for hauling your labor around, buy the setup that best suits the plowing side of things, or vice versa. You have to figure out how often to you really need that side visibility for plowing and how often you need that crew cab or extended cab for transporting a crew. Then figure out which side would see more use and you're off to the dealership to buy the correct package. Hope that all made sense.

kemmer
08-21-2006, 09:28 AM
I plow with my chevy crew cab just fine, visibility isnt that bad, just have alota light in the back to see through those tinted windows. look into putting a plow on a diesel/crew because i think it is to much wieght on the front end. call your plow dealer