PDA

View Full Version : enclosed trailer........lets modify

tthomass
08-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Soooooo, looking at a trailer for entertainment really as I plan to get a new one for the same price in about a month.

Here's the thing, I want ramp door for well the easy loading/unloading and I'm looking at a 16'. Well I've come across a 18' but it has barn doors. Now other than lugging around some 8x10's is there a logical way to have a ramp or whatever done in some way? Where might you buy such a ramp and price?

I was thinking like one off of the back of an open trailer......the metal mesh and tube frame and mount it inside the barn doors of the trailer.

One more thing.............how do you determine the value of a trailer. Its a 1997 and in great shape, new tires and brakes but he's asking $3700. I can get a brand new 16' for $3500.

mag360
08-20-2006, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE=tthomass]

I was thinking like one off of the back of an open trailer......the metal mesh and tube frame and mount it inside the barn doors of the trailer.

QUOTE]

A friend of mine has this set up. He pulls the barn doors off for mowing and it really helps keep it cooler. Cost was 300 I think from a welder/friend.

mrusk
08-20-2006, 04:46 PM
I would not buy a brand new 16ft enclosed trailer for 3500!!!! That has to be a schit box on wheels!

I paided 7k for my fully loaded haulmark 18x8.5.

tthomass
08-20-2006, 05:18 PM
here they are http://www.pro-lineperformance.com/index.htm

LindblomRJ
08-20-2006, 08:26 PM
Is that $3500 trailer going to be able to stand up to landscapers use?

One thing to look at is axle ratings. The other factor would be the construction of the trailer. How heavy duty is the frame, what was the intended purpose of the trailer. Toy hauler, not a lot of weight, or work trailer one that will hold up to the weight and use.

tthomass
08-20-2006, 09:03 PM
we're taking a look at them next week