PDA

View Full Version : dumping beds

Proscapez LLC
08-20-2006, 06:25 PM
can anyone recomend where to find a kit, to make my chevy pickup bed dump.

mcwlandscaping
08-20-2006, 06:51 PM
never tried one, but, this could work for you, just pick the one that fits your truck

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/NTESearch?storeId=6970&N=0&Ntk=All&Ntt=dump%20bed&Nty=1&D=dump%20bed&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Dx=mode+matchallpartial

chevytrucks84
08-20-2006, 08:31 PM
I have heard that this isn't a good idea... you will end up bending your bed if you put too much wieght in it. they are not designed to do this. I would suggest putting a dump insert in then you dont have to worry about it and can take if out if you want. Just a suggestion

LindblomRJ
08-20-2006, 09:27 PM
The other option is a flatbed with a hoist. That would be able to handle the weight without near the bending and flexing.

mcwlandscaping
08-20-2006, 10:17 PM
The other option is a flatbed with a hoist. That would be able to handle the weight without near the bending and flexing.
ide go with that if making the bed dump or the flatbed are your only options.

Uranus
08-20-2006, 10:56 PM
I'm in the same boat. Insert or make my bed dump. I buddy was telling me that he saw a guy dump his load and it got stuck. then the dude got out to help free the load while it was up in the air and the bed bent in half. I'm not willing to take that risk now. I went to the local welders and both of them said it would be atleast 5 G's for a flat bed dump. So I'm going to go shopping for an insert. Downeastern is common around here. Does anyone have anymore names of a good dump insert? GO RED SOX!

LindblomRJ
08-20-2006, 11:49 PM
For a flatbed and a hoist from northern you looking at the same price as an insert. Have a flatbed on a 79 1/2 ton Ford. I wish I had a dump. If it was a heavier pickup I would really think adding a hoist to it.

Scag48
08-21-2006, 12:10 AM
What are you dumping? If you're only dumping grass, the hoist under the standard box will be just fine. Anything else and you'll probably be replacing your bed pretty soon. For a tough and versatile setup, a flatbed with dump cylinder is the best of way to go.

Proscapez LLC
08-21-2006, 02:13 AM
I'm looking for an easyier way to empty out top soil and mulch.
I have been buying it by the yard. it sucks having to shovel it all out.