PDA

View Full Version : My new ZTR.

stuffdeer
08-20-2006, 11:46 PM
Go ahead and make fun of me,

Nail me,

I don't care.

All I know is I can get 2 of these with the bagger and mulcher for what you paid for your one.

And...It is great for me.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/stuffdeer/PICT0121.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/stuffdeer/PICT0125.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/stuffdeer/PICT0124.jpg

mulcahy mowing
08-20-2006, 11:48 PM
nothing wrong with it at all as long as it pays for it's self and then pays for the next mower in cash.

J&R Landscaping
08-20-2006, 11:54 PM
Brendan smith has or had one of them. I have seen them, there not to badly built. Good luck with it!

stuffdeer
08-20-2006, 11:56 PM
Thanks Guys!

DodgeTruckMan731
08-21-2006, 12:08 AM
looks good, hope it serves the purpose.

Palmer'sLS
08-21-2006, 12:41 AM
what kawi hp is that?...model #
jw..looks good brother

Jason Rose
08-21-2006, 12:47 AM
Looks good to me. That Kawi engine should be really awesome, nice to not see a briggs! lol. If you take care of it, don't smash into tree stumps and concrete with the deck, don't run full out on rough azz ground all the time, keep it lubed and maintained, I don't see why it wouldn't last a long time. Sure it ain't made for 8 hours a day being ran by an employee that dosn't care, but for the price you have a NEW mower that hasn't been run into the ground, or a pond, without you knowing it before you bought it!

mcwlandscaping
08-21-2006, 12:58 AM
what kawi hp is that?...model #
jw..looks good brother
its a 20hp kawi i believe

DSLND
08-21-2006, 08:32 AM
That Looks Great Mike! That Kawi. Should Hold Up Very Well! -Mitch-

Brendan Smith
08-21-2006, 10:03 AM
Go ahead and make fun of me,

Nail me,

I don't care.

All I know is I can get 2 of these with the bagger and mulcher for what you paid for your one.

And...It is great for me.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/stuffdeer/PICT0121.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/stuffdeer/PICT0125.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/stuffdeer/PICT0124.jpg

damn if that doesn't look familiar :) good luck with her :drinkup:

stuffdeer
08-21-2006, 10:36 AM
Hey everyone, Its got the 22 Hp on it!

Sandgropher
08-21-2006, 10:46 AM
Thats what i use here in Southern Florida , they are a good motor the 22 hp, hope it goes well for you.:)

zim bob the landscaper
08-21-2006, 11:29 AM
i almost bought the cub cadet resi. but instead we looked around and we are getting a gravely. those cubs are really good machines. i hope it lasts u awhile. but one that i looked at had a Kohler engine not a kawi.

stuffdeer
08-21-2006, 12:50 PM
More Pics-

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/stuffdeer/PICT0003-1.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/stuffdeer/PICT0002-1.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/stuffdeer/PICT0001-1.jpg

mcwlandscaping
08-21-2006, 12:55 PM
good idea with holding the chute up, discharge is improved so much when you get that out of the way

stuffdeer
08-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Yea, It really helps.

Now, I just got to get the mulcher and the Bagger..

Its already ordered and should be here tomorrow.

Howie's Lawn Care
08-21-2006, 02:25 PM
You say you paid half of what we pay for ours, but don't the commercial grade ZTRs last atleast twice as long under most cirmustances?

I'm not bashing you though. I think it is a great purchase. I'm assuming all your equipment is paid for, and you're 16? That's great man. Now you can save for a 60" Hustler Super Z XR-7 with flex forks, suspension seat, and bagger!:laugh:

I know a guy who has a 50" cub like yours and he has the bagger for it. He says it cuts the grass into very fine clippings compared to the JD tractor he previously used. Another guy, who runs a lawn business under the name of his church, has one but doesn't really care for the quality of cut. I'd make a stripe kit for it if I were you. I think that will make the cut look alot better.

Good luck!

TheLawnBarber
08-21-2006, 04:40 PM
Nice setup for residential equipment man, LOL. But anyways I'm sure your making the green!!! Just currious how are the Toro trimmers holding up?

ChadsLawn
08-21-2006, 05:55 PM
Nice lil Z. I think I saw those at Tractor Supply. Are you going to take some pictures after mowing with it?

stuffdeer
08-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Nice setup for residential equipment man, LOL. But anyways I'm sure your making the green!!! Just currious how are the Toro trimmers holding up?

I have not had a single problem with either of them.

I absolutely LOVE them.

I have the Pruner- Brushcutter- Trimmer- and edger with them.

Well..I did have one problem...But it was my fault...Heh- I forgot to tighten the Air Filter cover screw and lost the cover, But ended up finding it.

stuffdeer
08-21-2006, 06:40 PM
Nice lil Z. I think I saw those at Tractor Supply. Are you going to take some pictures after mowing with it?

Yea, Not a problem, I'll post a couple after I'm done mowing on Friday.

stuffdeer
08-21-2006, 06:42 PM
Oh yeah,

I forgot to tell everyone.

On one of my yards I used to use a garden tractor on, it took me 2 hours to Trim and mow.

With this, It took me 35 minutes for everything!

Also, Another one of my yards that my dad and I both worked on took 1.5 hours, now only took me 26 mins with this.

It makes me MUCH more effective and efficient

TWUllc
08-21-2006, 06:55 PM
Can you pop a wheelie in that thing?? Looks good. :)

stuffdeer
08-21-2006, 07:15 PM

Lol..

I'm not really gonna try.

I really want this to last me a while.

So I'm taking care of it!

Idealtim
08-21-2006, 10:39 PM
Very nice machine. I'm planning on buying one next spring. And by the way you talk about it, it sounds like its going to last you a long time and make you your money back and then some. you have a very good point in saying that you can buy two of these for the price of some other big name. How much does the deck overlap the cut? I'm used to my old bobcat where its only 1/2 inch overlap. Thanks in advance!

stuffdeer
08-21-2006, 10:45 PM
Very nice machine. I'm planning on buying one next spring. And by the way you talk about it, it sounds like its going to last you a long time and make you your money back and then some. you have a very good point in saying that you can buy two of these for the price of some other big name. How much does the deck overlap the cut? I'm used to my old bobcat where its only 1/2 inch overlap. Thanks in advance!

I don't understand completely what you meant about, How does the deck overlap the cut?

Sorry.

stuffdeer
08-21-2006, 10:51 PM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/stuffdeer/PICT0010.jpg

One of Everything.

DodgeTruckMan731
08-21-2006, 10:51 PM
I think he means on how much the deck edges go over the actual cut grass under the deck?

stuffdeer
08-21-2006, 10:55 PM
If he means that...I'll have to find that out.

zim bob the landscaper
08-21-2006, 11:44 PM
very professional look stuffdeer. keep it up!

South Florida Lawns
08-21-2006, 11:58 PM
very nice stuffdeere.

CooL mower, its got a good engine on it too.

I love that truck too color matches my silverado, I dunno why they stopped selling the pewter metallic.

stuffdeer
08-22-2006, 12:11 AM
Yea, The truck is nice..

Great gas milage for a Truck also.

Next year though, I plan on upgrading my truck. Since I was 8 or 9, I've ALWAYS loved the bodystyles on the 95 and 95 f-150's. So I'm going to pay cash for a new truck sometime next year.

TheLawnBarber
08-22-2006, 12:36 AM
How many lawns do you mow with that new mower?

stuffdeer
08-22-2006, 12:36 AM
12-13 every week

I've only cut 2 with it so far.
I don't start mowing til Thursday

mulcahy mowing
08-22-2006, 01:12 AM
i've been looking at one of those i have to say
the thinking they're so cheep i could grab one for my helper to use and cut twice as many lawns

keep us posted on it!

good luck looks like your going places!

ALarsh
08-22-2006, 01:35 AM
i've been looking at one of those i have to say
the thinking they're so cheep i could grab one for my helper to use and cut twice as many lawns

keep us posted on it!

good luck looks like your going places!
I have found that having a Z and a walkbehind is a great combo. Z for the large lots, walkbehind on the steep ones and tight lots. My helper and I will nock them out pretty fast with this combo.

zim bob the landscaper
08-22-2006, 10:23 AM
i cant wait to get a Z then ill be able to take on alot of lawns with less time. i need to get another machine i cant just depend on the bunton.

Pro-Scapes
08-22-2006, 12:33 PM
good idea with holding the chute up, discharge is improved so much when you get that out of the way

I see all to many guys doing this. Its rather disturbing. As you see when you mow yes it does let the clippings fly higher and further but it will also do the same with a rock, stick, Matchbox car or any other non turf projectile that may be lurking in your path.

the only time we mow with our chute pegged open is in extra tall grass out in the open (like 3 acres out in the open). I know alot of you newbies are not insured and that makes doing this all the worse.

The chute is there to deflect clippings and projectiles down to the ground... Not across the street into little bobbys head. And yes... even a residential mower can throw things much further than you think. Commercial mowers with thier higher blade speed and larger discharge ports are worse yet. My brother in law knocked out the window of his brand new home with my mower from 30 yards out. Didnt listen to me and mowed a slight slope with the discharge pointing at the house.

stuffdeer
08-22-2006, 12:43 PM
I see all to many guys doing this. Its rather disturbing. As you see when you mow yes it does let the clippings fly higher and further but it will also do the same with a rock, stick, Matchbox car or any other non turf projectile that may be lurking in your path.

the only time we mow with our chute pegged open is in extra tall grass out in the open (like 3 acres out in the open). I know alot of you newbies are not insured and that makes doing this all the worse.

The chute is there to deflect clippings and projectiles down to the ground... Not across the street into little bobbys head. And yes... even a residential mower can throw things much further than you think. Commercial mowers with thier higher blade speed and larger discharge ports are worse yet. My brother in law knocked out the window of his brand new home with my mower from 30 yards out. Didnt listen to me and mowed a slight slope with the discharge pointing at the house.

Well, Thanks for the info. My chute will now always be down.

Idealtim
08-22-2006, 01:28 PM
I think he means on how much the deck edges go over the actual cut grass under the deck?
You hit the nail on the head. I didn't really know how to explain it. Sorry to confuse.

Idealtim
08-22-2006, 01:32 PM

bigjeeping
08-22-2006, 03:48 PM
I ran a residential model ZTR my first year. Man was it hell. However, I made it through the year and I kept all of my customers the next year.

I was mowing about 50-60 houses a week and that mower took a BEATING. I sharpened the blades everyday and put NEW blades on every week. STILL the mower cut so bad that I had to double cut every single lawn.

One problem I had was grease wasn't getting to the caster for some reason when I pumped the grease gun on the zerk. So some rust developed inside of the caster housing and one day the caster locked up on me. Try driving a ZTR with a locked up caster wheel! Tore up plenty of grass.

bigjeeping
08-22-2006, 03:54 PM
However, congrats and good luck!

liquidforcedude7
08-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Hey looks good, I was actually looking at one of these until I found out I might can get a deal from my local Deere dealer, cause my dads company is doing some sort of a business deal with them. I skimmed it but didnt see a price...?? cause I may be coming back to them if the deere situation doesnt work out...

ALarsh
08-22-2006, 06:58 PM
That Z should hold up pretty good for a year or two as long as you grease everything every 25 hours. While you have this machine, make sure you save up some cash for a good commercial unit!

btw, how much did you pay?

davhul
08-22-2006, 09:48 PM
nice mower.you may want to check your hub nuts that hold the rear tires on,(7/8" nut) they seem to leave some loose from the factory and they strip the hub and axle out.I work on about 1 every 2 weeks that this has happend to.Good luck!

stuffdeer
08-22-2006, 10:16 PM
Alarsh,

I paid 3200 out the door with a bagger and Mulch kit.

N&CLandscaping
08-22-2006, 10:34 PM
Hey good set up there i too was looking into that machine, but decided to save and get the Exmark 36" Walk behind. Nice though! Hey im 16 too by the way

liquidforcedude7
08-22-2006, 10:34 PM
Alarsh,

Subtract the bagger and mulch kit and give me a price, please...:waving:

N&CLandscaping
08-22-2006, 10:45 PM
I also see you have a Homelite Backpack Blower, I have one as well,how long has it lasted you? or should i say youve had it because i am looking into selling mine and upgrading to an Echo?

stuffdeer
08-22-2006, 10:49 PM
Subtract the bagger and mulch kit and give me a price, please...:waving:

2799 out the door + Tax.

stuffdeer
08-22-2006, 10:50 PM
I also see you have a Homelite Backpack Blower, I have one as well,how long has it lasted you? or should i say youve had it because i am looking into selling mine and upgrading to an Echo?

I love my homelite.

Enough power for me, and its running like a champ. I bought it in April.

liquidforcedude7
08-22-2006, 11:00 PM
I love my homelite.

Enough power for me, and its running like a champ. I bought it in April.

Ive got one too, the straps keep breaking but other than that its great, it is lacking in power when it comes time to do leaves though, but for just cleaning off grass clippings it does its job....:dancing:

ALarsh
08-23-2006, 12:21 AM
Alarsh,

I bought my eXmark turf tracer hp for $3300... Add $200 for the sulkey ($3500) and you have a good commercial unit that will last 2,000+ hours....

DodgeTruckMan731
08-23-2006, 12:34 AM
I bought my eXmark turf tracer hp for $3300...

Did you buy that new?

ALarsh
08-23-2006, 01:01 AM
no... found a deal... new condition though

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=155914

DodgeTruckMan731
08-23-2006, 01:13 AM
no... found a deal... new condition though

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=155914

yeah you did that mower looks almost new. good job lol.

Brendan Smith
08-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Well, Thanks for the info. My chute will now always be down.
i took my chute off the day i brought it home.

jazak
08-24-2006, 12:02 PM
2799 out the door + Tax.

Um out the door includes tax.:hammerhead:

stuffdeer
08-24-2006, 12:06 PM
Um out the door includes tax.:hammerhead:

Sorry, I have no clue why I said plus tax.

In another thread I must of messed up.

Envy Lawn Service
02-13-2007, 09:10 PM
stuffdeer,

Could you do me a favor? Would have PM'd you but it doesn't look like you have yours enabled...

What are the specifications on that 50" deck?

I'm thinking you knew them or somebody did... know I've seen them...
I just can't find them to save my life and someone's asking me for them.

The depth of the deck?

I know it varies and ramps up deeper as it gets closer to the discharge.
I measured it before and it seems like it was something like 4" deep on the left to 6" deep at the discharge?

I just can't remember that or the blade speed... and I'd feel like a moron to call my friends or family to ask them to measure it for me... LOL...

I know it's deep enough... but some people want numbers.

stuffdeer
02-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Ah! Old thread here. Lol

Yea, No problem, I'll get them up tomorrow, Its snowing like crazzzzzyyyy here!

Envy Lawn Service
02-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Raining like crazy here!!!

Appreciate it. John's wanting to know, not me. I already know the deck is deep enough and cuts nice.

Have you seen my zero turn LAWN TRACTOR thread?

Ol'time Lawncare
02-14-2007, 12:49 PM
I got mine last year 2006 and if it holds up this year i'll pick up another this fall. I want the triple bagger for it and some meg mo blades! I'm thinking of making a leaf rake for it too!

stuffdeer
02-15-2007, 10:50 PM
stuffdeer,

Could you do me a favor? Would have PM'd you but it doesn't look like you have yours enabled...

What are the specifications on that 50" deck?

I'm thinking you knew them or somebody did... know I've seen them...
I just can't find them to save my life and someone's asking me for them.

The depth of the deck?

I know it varies and ramps up deeper as it gets closer to the discharge.
I measured it before and it seems like it was something like 4" deep on the left to 6" deep at the discharge?

I just can't remember that or the blade speed... and I'd feel like a moron to call my friends or family to ask them to measure it for me... LOL...

I know it's deep enough... but some people want numbers.

That is about right. The Trim side (Left) is 4.25" and the other side is 5.75"

Hope this helps.

Hows this for cut?

(RESIDENTIAL MOWER!!!!)

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/stuffdeer/0920061821.jpg

stuffdeer
02-15-2007, 10:52 PM
Well, I guess I had to post a pic of the mower again..

This is with about 40 hours I put on it this year.

The black things are for the bagger.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/stuffdeer/0915061833.jpg

Envy Lawn Service
02-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Yeah, I've always thought the deck cut great...

The specs are exactly what I needed... now to find the blade tip speed...

Anyways, how do you like the bagger?

What about the mulch plug?

Uranus
02-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Thought I'd say hi. Havent seen you around in a few weeks.

stuffdeer
02-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Yeah, I've always thought the deck cut great...

The specs are exactly what I needed... now to find the blade tip speed...

Anyways, how do you like the bagger?

What about the mulch plug?

For some reason, I think its around 18k. That rings a bell here. When I was researching mowers, I found this had a Higher BTS then the Comparable Toro Residential.

The bagger works Great. You just can't go full speed, considering, it has no blower on it. I think I only plugged it up once this fall because of wet grass at full speed. I have never used the mulch plug, Although I was thinking of picking it up this spring. I dunno, We'll see.

Thought I'd say hi. Havent seen you around in a few weeks.

Well Hello there!

I haven't talked to you in quite a long time either. Hows it been going?

stuffdeer
02-15-2007, 11:16 PM
Envy, I was considering mounting a A De thatcher on the front of this. My dad and I have the skills to do it, I just don't know how well a Front mount does? I know I used a Power Rake last year, and it pulled up a TON of stuff.

Have you even used one?

Envy Lawn Service
02-15-2007, 11:37 PM
For some reason, I think its around 18k. That rings a bell here. When I was researching mowers, I found this had a Higher BTS then the Comparable Toro Residential.

The bagger works Great. You just can't go full speed, considering, it has no blower on it. I think I only plugged it up once this fall because of wet grass at full speed. I have never used the mulch plug, Although I was thinking of picking it up this spring. I dunno, We'll see.

I could swear it's 18,200 on the blade tip speed.
I just didn't want to say it up front.

Now I'm pretty certain it is.

stuffdeer
02-15-2007, 11:45 PM
I could swear it's 18,200 on the blade tip speed.
I just didn't want to say it up front.

Now I'm pretty certain it is.

18k for a Residential Machine...Not bad I have to say. As I said before comparable toro's, only had like 16,900 I think, Possibly 17,200.

Envy Lawn Service
02-15-2007, 11:51 PM
Yeah, there is a guy here who can do the math to calculate blade speed.

He takes the engine speed, PTO pulley diameter, spindle pulley diameter and blade length.

He can use those numbers to calculate it.
I can never remember the formula... LOL....

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-16-2007, 12:06 AM
How much does a deck for that thing cost. That stamped steel wouldn't last too long on my mowing route.

stuffdeer
02-16-2007, 12:09 AM
Yea Everyone is saying that.

I've put that past me. It works for what I need, and at most, I will put 60 hours a year on it.

Why can't people just get it past them, that what works for me, might now work for them?

FinerCutslawnCare
02-16-2007, 12:15 AM
Not a bad rig at all and if it pays for itself and in the end makes you moeny it is money well spent!

Envy Lawn Service
02-16-2007, 12:30 AM
Envy, I was considering mounting a A De thatcher on the front of this. My dad and I have the skills to do it, I just don't know how well a Front mount does? I know I used a Power Rake last year, and it pulled up a TON of stuff.

Have you even used one?

Well, it depends on what you want to achieve... what your customers expect... ect.

A power rake is one thing... a dethatcher is another.

The best way to combat true thatch is by regular core aeration.
The second best would be a power rake with the flail blades to cut and pull it to the top.

If you want to "groom" or "comb" the crap out of a lawn, then something with spring tines is fine. If weight is applied (tow type) or the depth is set (front type) it will scratch the surface of the soil, flick and fluff debris to the top and what I like best.... break runners on undesirable warm season turf.

Having a front mount spring-tine dethatcher can be great with a bagger, because you can raise the debris and remove it in one pass.

DoetschOutdoor
02-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Aerator if the thatch is not really bad, power rake/dethatcher if the yard has a buildup of thatch...plain and simple

Adam's Lawn and Garden
02-16-2007, 11:24 PM
I had the 42" mower like that. I wish i would have gotten the 50" that had 3 blades becuase mine only had 2 blades and would leave a skipped strip inbetween the blades. The Z-force mowers are nice by cub cadet. Although i have to say it's nice having my exmark commercial mower. Goodluck, stay in touch.

adam

Lawnsmithcare
02-16-2007, 11:45 PM
Well, it depends on what you want to achieve... what your customers expect... ect.

A power rake is one thing... a dethatcher is another.

The best way to combat true thatch is by regular core aeration.
The second best would be a power rake with the flail blades to cut and pull it to the top.

If you want to "groom" or "comb" the crap out of a lawn, then something with spring tines is fine. If weight is applied (tow type) or the depth is set (front type) it will scratch the surface of the soil, flick and fluff debris to the top and what I like best.... break runners on undesirable warm season turf.

Having a front mount spring-tine dethatcher can be great with a bagger, because you can raise the debris and remove it in one pass.

I just ordered one of those Jrco front mount dethatchers so we will see how that works.

The Rookie
02-16-2007, 11:47 PM
I think the next time my truck tears up I will go out and buy a new mower.
Just kidding, nice looking machine.:drinkup:

corey1977
02-16-2007, 11:52 PM
people make fun on here about my toro time cutter It does the job I need it to paid for not like some $10000.00 zero turn that will be worn out be for thay are paid for I see cub resdenised the home owner zero turn line I was up to home depot the other day My next machine here we go another fight on the way the new jd eztrack with the 54 deck and the 25 horse kawaski im a part timer also I just got a cemetery contract this year

Envy Lawn Service
02-17-2007, 12:19 AM
I just ordered one of those Jrco front mount dethatchers so we will see how that works.

That's a spring-tine rake and will do a heck of a job of combing the debris out of a lawn. Like old clipping buildup, matted grass, dead grass, dormant turf, etc. It will rake it out and flick it to the top.

It will also break and lift runners of creeping turf and weeds, which I like a lot.

However, it will not do much for REAL thatch.
Real thatch is like a sub-terrainial wicker basket of crap.

Core aeration is the best medicine for that.
Next would be a power rake with knives to cut it... or a slitter...

Adam's Lawn and Garden
02-17-2007, 12:26 AM
Did u guys mean the blade speed for the cub was about 18K? because there was no way it could be that high. the big deere mowers are only 17200. and my lazer is 18K. there's no way the spindles on that could go that fast. u can tell just by when you start the deck.

adam

Envy Lawn Service
02-17-2007, 12:46 AM
Did u guys mean the blade speed for the cub was about 18K? because there was no way it could be that high. the big deere mowers are only 17200. and my lazer is 18K. there's no way the spindles on that could go that fast. u can tell just by when you start the deck.

adam

Don't fool yourself... there are commercial machines out there with lower blade tip speeds than some of the residential stuff. The first of the 7-Iron decks were some of those... as were many of the smaller decks with less than a 60" cut from a lot of MFG's.

Heck, even the Deere residential mowers are in the high 17,000's... Simplicity 18,000-19,000 etc...

I'm pretty sure the 50" Cub Cadet deck has a blade speed between 17,800 and 18,200... unless I'm confusing it with something else...

We could get the pulley diameters and blade length to figure it up if it must be PROVEN.

To me, I care more about how a mower can cut than what the actual blade tip speed is... because I've seen them in the 18,000-19,000 range that still couldn't cut their way out of a wet paper bag... LOL!

Jeds_Lawn_Care
02-17-2007, 12:47 AM

You are only supposed to do that with Dixie Choppers.

Adam's Lawn and Garden
02-17-2007, 01:09 AM
i used to be able to pop a wheelie with mine. A big one when the deck is off. The nice thing is that they don't cost much and for some of us on here it allows us to make some profit since we are still in school and can't work all the time. One the blade speed it just surprised me because my lazer just has power it feels like coming from the deck than the cubs. maybe mine was less since it was only a 42". i just wish i would have gotten the 50". although, the one problem i had besides the strip being left was the blades always needed sharpened. Also, u can get a good commercial used mower. that's what i did.

adam

stuffdeer
02-17-2007, 10:18 AM
I have to say, I'm 99.9% positive the Blade Tip Speed is around 18k.

Lawnsmithcare
02-17-2007, 02:42 PM
That's a spring-tine rake and will do a heck of a job of combing the debris out of a lawn. Like old clipping buildup, matted grass, dead grass, dormant turf, etc. It will rake it out and flick it to the top.

It will also break and lift runners of creeping turf and weeds, which I like a lot.

However, it will not do much for REAL thatch.
Real thatch is like a sub-terrainial wicker basket of crap.

Core aeration is the best medicine for that.
Next would be a power rake with knives to cut it... or a slitter...

I also do core aeration so its best of both worlds.