PDA

View Full Version : How do you get rid of your Leaves and Grass?

Landscape89
08-21-2006, 12:08 AM
It seems all landscapers dispose of their generated Yard Debris in different places. I am lucky enough that where I live they have a compost program for the city so all I have to do is show them the Sticker and I am in. Works great.. get rid of Leaves, Grass, Sticks, Hedge Clippings. I know if you go to a Private place like to a nursery who has a compost pile it is VERY ex$pen$ive!! And then of course because of all the environmental restrictions your not supposed to mix it in with regular trash like people sometimes do. Just wanted to see how you guys deal with ridding your debris.

J&R Landscaping
08-21-2006, 12:47 AM
I have an account with hady brook farm. I can dump debris there. I also get mulch and plants/supplies from them. Very nice people to do business with!

jt5019
08-21-2006, 01:12 AM
I dont haul grass clippings but all my leaves and branches go to the cities recycle center for free.

Bulls_mowing
08-22-2006, 05:30 AM
im only just starting up my business right now
i normally go down to the worm farm and it cost nothing to dispose of it all

jazak
08-23-2006, 09:48 AM
All the accounts I have, have small wood s behind their yards and I just dump their grass clippings there. If I had to take away it would be extra $$$$ and I would have to find somewhere.

Idealtim
08-23-2006, 12:12 PM
In my yard there is a embankment that I could throw 1000 yards of stuff down and no one would know the difference. It works great for clippings, twigs and sticks. Lets not forget the mountains of leaves in the fall.

#1 Exmark fan
09-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Company I work for we take the leaves to a friend of mine who has a farm. He uses them in his corn and pumpkin field WOO sure makes the corn and pumpkins grow great last year he had a pumpkin weight in at 45 pounds. Before I started to take him the leaves the pumpkins was about 5 to 10 pounds

Branchland
09-02-2006, 10:30 PM
I require my customers to have a place to put grass clippings. Most of the towns here have a yard waste bin that they empty every week. And in the fall they pick up leaves from the curb. But I have a couple of customers that I do leaves for that are not in the town limits and have nowhere to put them. So I charge to haul off the leaves (no grass). I take it to the closest landfill. Costs between $5 and $10 dollars. I only go when I have a full load. I just add the cost of the hauling and dump fee to my bill.

Albemarle Lawn
09-03-2006, 11:57 PM
Just dump them wherever....

Find a dumpster at an apartment complex....

or dump them in a field somewhere....

or throw em in a river, they float away and you don't see them again....

Or just dump them on the side of the road, you know, take 'em for a ride in the country.:laugh:

LawnScapers of Dayton
09-04-2006, 09:06 AM
I do not bag grass, leaves and limbs either go to the curb for pick up or come to my property......I charge customers $10 for disposal if I dump on my property....

D

Accu-cut Lawn Care
09-13-2006, 12:40 AM
I just blow mine into the road and let you guys clean it up later.

Sammy
09-13-2006, 07:58 AM
I grind them and leave it on the lawn. :)

parkeeee
09-13-2006, 08:14 PM
I mulch them and leave them on the grass.

brian mon
09-14-2006, 07:56 AM
Heres one way I get rid of mine....

Grimmy
09-15-2006, 01:54 PM
Brian mon
Excellent. You contribute to the enviroment.
After the digestion through the 3 stomaches, mud pies on the ground, best fertilizer around.
Recycling, great lawn care system.
Keep up the good work.
Great idea.