PDA

View Full Version : 04-05 chevy 2500hd crew cab??

Petr51488
08-21-2006, 09:01 AM
Hey guys.. Im looking into buying a new truck come the spring time. I have a 98 silverado 1500 reg cab long bed. Great truck.. just want something a little better and bigger.. I have my mind set on the 2500hd. I wanted to know if any of you had the crew cab long bed combo. I don't plan on plowing with it so the length of it isn't a problem.Im sorta split between the gas and the diesel. I know getting a diesel has its pro's and i hear that the duramax is one of the best out there. Can someone give me some advice on whether to go with the diesel or gas? After taking it to the gas station and paying over 100.00 to fill up the tank, the diesel came to mind. Diesel obviously cost a little more, but will it be worth it in the end? The truck is either going to be an 04 or an 05 with less than 40k miles. The reason why im waiting for the spring is because the new 07 silverado's are coming out and i assume the older model (the 04, 05) would be cheaper, so i could hopefully get a good deal on one of them..

mcwlandscaping
08-21-2006, 10:32 AM
Here diesel fuel costs less. The duramax with allison tranny is an awsome drivetrain, TONS of power and torque.

Scag48
08-21-2006, 11:22 AM
With diesel, you will see better mileage than gas. And you'll be able to use bio-diesel if you so choose down the road. Buying a diesel right now for that very reason is good enough for me. Mileage doesn't bother me too much on our work trucks, they only run during the week when we're going to and from the site, so essentially we're getting "paid" to drive the trucks around. But for a personal vehicle that works as well, get something that gets decent mileage.

As for the 2500HD, most people that have one like them. Trucks are trucks anymore.

FIRESCOOBY
08-21-2006, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't wait if I was you. I am/was in the same boat. Need a new truck, but was gonna wait.

The 2007 Classic is out now and the same truck as the 2006. The new style 2007 will be out sometime next year with required emission "improvements". There are a lot of rumors as to what the additions will cause. One known is that that the cost will go up significantly (est $2500-3500). Also you have particulate filters. Do some searches and you will find alot of information on the diesel place.

Bottom line: I felt like the new stuff would drive the price of the "good" diesels up. I've got a 2006 2500 crew cab, 4wd, Duramax/Allison sitting at the dealership waiting on me. There holding it for 2-4 weeks until I can fully afford it. Really wasn't ready, but was afraid of what the future might hold.

Good luck!!

ALarsh
08-21-2006, 06:29 PM
Just curious petr, how many accounts do you have?

TWUllc
08-21-2006, 10:17 PM
If you're not doing a ton of driving, buy a gasser.

Petr51488
08-21-2006, 10:51 PM
Just curious petr, how many accounts do you have?

I have 34 accounts

TLS
08-21-2006, 11:10 PM
How many miles/year do you put on a truck?

That will be the biggest factor.

This combined with your likely short stops/starts from lawn to lawn.

Petr51488
08-22-2006, 08:51 AM
How many miles/year do you put on a truck?

That will be the biggest factor.

This combined with your likely short stops/starts from lawn to lawn.

Not to sure how many miles a year i put on the truck but i do travel to the poconos alot.(about 200 miles each trip) I maybe go there 12 times or more during the summer. I would be using it for the business as well as trips to Pennsylvania with the trailer along with various atv trips that i make. I do put alot of mileage on it but for not i have this truck to split the millage with a car too so it's not the only vehicle that i have.

TLS
08-22-2006, 09:14 AM
No, you drive enough for a diesel then...

I thought you may be like me and only put 12K over the past 30 months!

Petr51488
08-22-2006, 07:13 PM
No, you drive enough for a diesel then...

I thought you may be like me and only put 12K over the past 30 months!

Hah.. yea i kinda thought so. Its easier to jump in the truck than it is to get into the car too..