PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Problem

PTP
08-23-2006, 01:51 PM
We all have areas of our business where things go less than smoothly. What gives you the biggest headaches/problems in this business?

curtislawncare
08-24-2006, 11:54 AM
It's not that big of a problem because we're a small outfit focusing on small residential lawns and happy about it but every now and then we're asked to bid on large jobs that require larger machines than we have.

We keep debating wether or not we should plunk down the few thousand it would cost to buy the larger machines but we just wind up taking no action and pass up the jobs.

Other than that, wet grass! Water is the necessary evil in lawncare but if grass was always dry it would make life so much easier.

willjones
03-08-2007, 08:54 AM
My biggest problem is all the leaders of companys doing buisness illegally. Welcome to the USA, now pay your taxes, pay unemployment, pay workmans comp, and pay insurance. Yeah, its more money to pay out. The last time I checked I make my living through running a buisness, paying for these things is part of it. You are only going to hurt the indusrty and way of life for every body in it. Answer this question. Who of you out there pay for your own health insurance with money budgeted from your company to do so? Lets face it, this isn't the safest job on planet. DO buisness right and lets get the prices where they should be.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
03-08-2007, 09:03 AM
True words,but most cutters do it as a side job it's hurting what most on the board work so hard to achieve.

J&R Landscaping
03-08-2007, 11:43 AM
My biggest problem is all the leaders of companys doing business illegally. Welcome to the USA, now pay your taxes, pay unemployment, pay workmans comp, and pay insurance. Yeah, its more money to pay out. The last time I checked I make my living through running a business, paying for these things is part of it. You are only going to hurt the indusrty and way of life for every body in it. Answer this question. Who of you out there pay for your own health insurance with money budgeted from your company to do so? Lets face it, this isn't the safest job on planet. DO buisness right and lets get the prices where they should be.

Nicely stated!

RICHIE K
03-08-2007, 04:35 PM
My biggest problem is all the leaders of companys doing buisness illegally. Welcome to the USA, now pay your taxes, pay unemployment, pay workmans comp, and pay insurance. Yeah, its more money to pay out. The last time I checked I make my living through running a buisness, paying for these things is part of it. You are only going to hurt the indusrty and way of life for every body in it. Answer this question. Who of you out there pay for your own health insurance with money budgeted from your company to do so? Lets face it, this isn't the safest job on planet. DO buisness right and lets get the prices where they should be.

I agree 100 %

rodfather
03-10-2007, 11:18 AM
My biggest problem is AR's. I can have as much as 100K floating.