PDA

View Full Version : Opportunities for non-pro to buy used equip in NJ?

whales
08-24-2006, 11:57 AM
Guys, I'm looking at purchasing a walk behind wide deck mower. Something substantially wider than the common 22" most non pros use to mow their lawns. For years, I used a Bob cat at the country club I worked at and would ideally like something like that.

The lawn is a decent size, about 15,000 sq ft, so I think having a deck nearly twice as wide as my current would save me significant time. I'm not looking at riding mowers because I don't feel my lawn is that large, and also for storage/space considerations in the garage.

If any of you have suggestions on where I could look to purchase a reasonably priced unit, in good condition, I'd appreciate it. I'll probably be buying this early next spring.

jazak
08-24-2006, 12:00 PM
Call up dealers they usually have something. If not then call LCOs. You wil want like a 36" or 48" deck, it really depends on the layout of your yard and if you have a fence.

J&R Landscaping
08-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Check the marketplace on LS, and check ebay and craigslist.com as well. Like Jazak said, check will dealers as well.

newbomb
08-24-2006, 01:49 PM
watch local newspapers and pennysaver. I suspect you will be able to find a real good deal soon. If it is as dry in NJ as it is here I would be watching for some bargans. You will probably find the best deals in the Fall though.

Brendan Smith
08-24-2006, 01:51 PM
i would look at the better quick 36. if i had use for a walkbehind, it would likely be my first choice.

subs1000w
08-24-2006, 02:22 PM
you sell mowers in the spring because thats when they pull a premium
you buy mowers in the fall thats when there at there lowest value

check all those places they said i see used comm mowers on ebay all the time in nj if your really going to get into this and want to save the most time i think the best combo is a 32 for the gates and tight places and a 60 for everything else definitly look for hydros on 48 and larger mowers there to big to not have reverse

Lazer_Z
08-24-2006, 05:32 PM
Guys, I'm looking at purchasing a walk behind wide deck mower. Something substantially wider than the common 22" most non pros use to mow their lawns. For years, I used a Bob cat at the country club I worked at and would ideally like something like that.

The lawn is a decent size, about 15,000 sq ft, so I think having a deck nearly twice as wide as my current would save me significant time. I'm not looking at riding mowers because I don't feel my lawn is that large, and also for storage/space considerations in the garage.

If any of you have suggestions on where I could look to purchase a reasonably priced unit, in good condition, I'd appreciate it. I'll probably be buying this early next spring.
Whales, Shoot me an e-mail at lazer_xp@hotmail.com I have a machine for sale.

Rob

bugmen
08-24-2006, 11:29 PM
do you use a better 36 i was thinking of buying one $$$$