PDA

View Full Version : Todays Stripes

metro36
08-24-2006, 05:30 PM
Here are some stripes I made with my fathers Lazer Z HP 48'' with ultravac on his lawn. I used no striping kit just plain blades. There is also a pic of the mower.

metro36
08-24-2006, 08:14 PM
I would like to hear some feed back. What do you guys think.

Thanks

mkwl
08-24-2006, 08:44 PM
To be brutally honest with you...looks like you might need some more practice... if my stripes came out like that on my lawns, I might lose the client. I'm surprised the exmark didn't have a stronger stripe...maybe the grass height is at fault??? Looks like you didn't miss any spots though...just have to work on keeping your lines straighter:waving: . Nice mower anyways!:clapping:

Groomer
08-24-2006, 09:13 PM
what stripes?

LindblomRJ
08-24-2006, 09:17 PM
what stripes?
Exactly...

Pro-Scapes
08-24-2006, 09:31 PM
:( we pull stronger stripes in MS and definatly straighter lines.

metro36
08-24-2006, 10:16 PM
I know the lines were not very straight but that is the way my father likes it cut. If I cut in the other direction my lines would be very strait. I am gonna make a striper for it because it needs it. My toro 21'' makes a way better stripe than that. I have been using the mower for 5 years now. The grass was cut at 3.5 inches.

mkwl
08-24-2006, 10:20 PM
I know the lines were not very straight but that is the way my father likes it cut. If I cut in the other direction my lines would be very strait. I am gonna make a striper for it because it needs it. My toro 21'' makes a way better stripe than that. I have been using the mower for 5 years now. The grass was cut at 3.5 inches.

Your dad likes the lines wavy....hmmmmm...that's a new one....:hammerhead: :dizzy:

zim bob the landscaper
08-24-2006, 11:03 PM
Your dad likes the lines wavy....hmmmmm...that's a new one....:hammerhead: :dizzy:
not all stripes are strait some are wavy. we did them once purposely they came out nice we also do other designs then just going strait and diagonal. just gets boring u might want to try it some time. BTW nice mower. u should get the roller they work great just look at terracares best stripes ever. also done with a lazer Z with roller i think.

Idealtim
08-24-2006, 11:14 PM
Just don't enter them in the august striping contest.

ALarsh
08-24-2006, 11:47 PM
Looks like crap... you asked

Brendan Smith
08-25-2006, 05:55 PM
you'll get better with practice, keep trying :)

prostriper
08-25-2006, 09:41 PM
I saw in one of your other posts your only 13. Thats good for being so young. Don't let what these guys say get to you PM me and I will send you a link that really helped me out when I was young. If you ever have any questions feel free to PM me I will be more than glad to answer them. Just keep on practiceing and you'll get it.

FearThisDeere
08-25-2006, 09:50 PM
All I see is tire tracks, not any striped. Get a stiper kit and get yourself some practice and you'll be a pro. Practice on your dad's lawn because he can't fire you. He would have to do it himself. My dad's lawn saw many designs as I was growing up, but he never complained. Plus we lived far from the road, so nobody could see the mess I had made hahaa!

mcwlandscaping
08-25-2006, 09:55 PM
check the way that deck is pitched, being an ultracut eXmark, it should make much nicer stripes than that. Wavy stripes look fine as long as all the stripes match in curviness! (dunno if thats a word), but have that deck checked out.

metro36
08-26-2006, 11:28 AM
The deck on it is a 48'' tri vantage. The blades were dull and the grass was very wet so the cut wasn't very good.

South Florida Lawns
08-26-2006, 12:32 PM
Those are better than I could ever do!

Seriously, St. Augustine is so hard to stripe in my area.

Your dad has one sweet mower for the yard, does he have a lawn business, or did he just want a really good mower?

metro36
08-26-2006, 07:03 PM
Those are better than I could ever do!

Seriously, St. Augustine is so hard to stripe in my area.

Your dad has one sweet mower for the yard, does he have a lawn business, or did he just want a really good mower?

He just wanted a really good mower that could cut the lawn fast.

bradd
08-29-2006, 04:21 PM
lol you need more practis spelled wroung lol i hounstly make beter stripes with my craftsmand lawn tractor 17.5 with my striper out of pvc pipe with end caps filled with sand and some scrap medal

J&R Landscaping
09-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Just need some practice is all.

syzer
09-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Man, some of you guys are tough...the kid is 13!

Keep it up bro, its not too hard to do. Practice makes perfect.

prostriper
09-01-2006, 11:04 PM
Man, some of you guys are tough...the kid is 13!

Keep it up bro, its not too hard to do. Practice makes perfect.

Thats what I'm saying.

We were all cutting perfectly ay 13. Yea right.

John_Deere Nut
09-01-2006, 11:27 PM
How good does the ultra vac work? I have a lazerZ HP with the 52 deck. Could u find out how much that ultra vac cost? thanks.

jazak
09-02-2006, 12:14 AM
Just need some practice is all.

Ditto that. Wish I could play with a Lazer Z HP and have NO payments.

metro36
09-02-2006, 09:51 AM
How good does the ultra vac work? I have a lazerZ HP with the 52 deck. Could u find out how much that ultra vac cost? thanks.
The ultra vac works great. I use it to suck up leaves in the fall and not one is left behind. It also picks up sticks. I have exmark excaliber (mulching) blades in the lazer and I can mow our 1/2 acre lot and the bags will be full. The bagger is a 2 bag. I'm not sure of the cost but I will find out.:)

6'7 330
09-02-2006, 10:09 AM
The ultra vac works great. I use it to suck up leaves in the fall and not one is left behind. It also picks up sticks. I have exmark excaliber (mulching) blades in the lazer and I can mow our 1/2 acre lot and the bags will be full. The bagger is a 2 bag. I'm not sure of the cost but I will find out.:)

If you're mowing the grass with the mulchers, exchange them with Exmark notched foil high lifts for cutting the grass. See if you're dad still has his operators manuel, pitch the deck as per the manuels instructions. Put the mulcher blades back on ,when the leaves start to fall thick.

We have 48 and 52 Lazer HP's, they stripe exceptional without a roller. Try pitching the deck, and high lifts before puting out the money for a roller.

metro36
09-02-2006, 02:58 PM
If you're mowing the grass with the mulchers, exchange them with Exmark notched foil high lifts for cutting the grass. See if you're dad still has his operators manuel, pitch the deck as per the manuels instructions. Put the mulcher blades back on ,when the leaves start to fall thick.

We have 48 and 52 Lazer HP's, they stripe exceptional without a roller. Try pitching the deck, and high lifts before puting out the money for a roller.
I have those blades on it. What year is your lazer 48? Are the decks ultra cut or trivantage? My dads is trivantage.:)