PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help with truck problem.

Howie's Lawn Care
08-24-2006, 06:27 PM
Hey guys,
I've got a check engine light and took it to Advanced Auto Parts for the computer code on it. It returned a PO113 which is:

IAT Sensor 1
Circuit High Input

I looked up the code online and found, "PO113---- Intake air tempature (AIT) sensor circuit high input".

For about the last month, it's been shaking and running about 1,000 RPMS upon starting. It will shake and run rough if I actually take off right away. After a few seconds, the fan will kick on and it will go up to about 1,500 RPMS, then back down to a normal 1,000 or 1,100 RPMS normal after about 15 seconds or sometimes more. Well, the other night my step dad helped me change the brakes and replace the serpentine belt. A cousin of mine was telling me to use carb cleaner and clean the throttle plate using an old toothbrush. I looked at the air filter the other night just to check it out and then I checked out the thottle plate. I'm assuming it's right at the other end of the tube to the air filter. It opens and closes. I don't know what I'm dealing with, but how exactly do I clean this and what else should I be checking? Is the problem I explained related to the engine code? I'm just confused and wondering if anyone has some insight on this. Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks.

-Nick Howard

Howie's Lawn Care
08-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Also, I thought it was odd that the check engine light came on right after replacing the serpentine belt and checking the air filter. It's just the fact that it has ran this way for awhile and the light comes on after I actually had the hood open.

mike lane lawn care
08-24-2006, 10:02 PM
i am not possitive, but that means that there is too much power going there, an electrical issue. check fueses, and try changing the spark plugs and running a fuel injector cleaner through the fuel system, it should help with the knocking.

Let-it-mow!
08-24-2006, 10:13 PM
Your intake air temperature sensor is sending a signal to the computer that is too high (probably voltage out of range) for the computer to understand and the computer is making bad decisions on how to manage the engine with this bad data to rely on.

Replace your IAT sensor, probably located in the air plenum between your air filter and throttle body.

subs1000w
08-24-2006, 10:14 PM
my guess would be test the iat sensor buy reading the resistance across the 2 terminals but youd need to find out spec for your current temp if its way out of spec which it probobly will be simply replace it and it will fix your crazy idle and fans coming on which they shouldnt do

also you might find more info on the problem by searching that code on

www.f150online.com
www.ford-trucks.com