PDA

View Full Version : ASV or Mustang

rutwad
08-25-2006, 11:40 AM
Just got off the phone talking with a salesman. I am looking for a machine to fun a mulcher attachment head. This guy said he sells ASV and Mustang. He would rather sell me the Mustang. Not as smooth as the ASV, but the steel rollers/tracks hold up better. Rocks/gravel etc. get in the ASV's rubber track/rollers and eat them up fast. Track repair/replacement is expensive. I no a saleman would not lie......BUT what do you guys think?

Thanks in advance:usflag:

rutwad
08-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Oops, ASV RC100

and Mustang he said has ninety somethin Hp, then turbo pushes it up to about 110-115. Not sure which one, I have not looked at any Mustangs yet

Squizzy246B
08-25-2006, 05:23 PM
I wasn't even aware that Mustang made a CTL.

AWJ Services
08-25-2006, 07:03 PM
I wasn't even aware that Mustang made a CTL.

They are Takeuchi.

Mowingman
08-25-2006, 10:53 PM
There is a recent thread on this forum about one guy's terrible experience with an ASV machine. He seems to be getting no support from the factory. You better do a search and read about his multitude of problems before buying the ASV machine.

dug1016
08-26-2006, 03:25 AM
Actually, and I quote Construction Equipment magazine. "Gehl provides skid-steers to Mustang, but the two lines are hardly identical. Gehl's 4640 and 4840 have no Mustang counterpart, and Mustang's 2054 has no comparable Gehl model. Even those models that share a basic platform (chassis and hydraulic pumps) retain significant distinctions such as Mustang's unique loader arms and Yanmar, instead of Deutz, engine." I've heard some of the Mustangs have some fit and finish issues that make them a little rougher than the Bobcat, Cat, Case, ASV, and Deeres of the world.

I'd find out who has the best support (ie, parts availability, qualified techs, loaner tractors, etc. for when yours goes down) and start my search there.

ksss
08-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Gehl and Mustang both use TK's tracked machine. The wheeled machines is another story.

rutwad
09-09-2006, 04:00 PM
So is the Mustang a good machine? Pressurized cab or not?