PDA

View Full Version : What diamond blade?

Total Landscape Solutions
08-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Just purchased a TS700 cut-off-saw (chop-saw) today. I was wondering what brand/type of diamond blade everyone uses to cut wall block, pavers, etc.
I have been doing hardscape work 13 yrs. and now that I have my own business I need to purchase all the tools. Unfortunately I never really paid much attention to who manufactured the diamond blade I was using, just the saw it was on.
TIA

forestfireguy
08-26-2006, 02:03 PM
We just bought a new ts400 and got a komatsu blade, be sure whatever blade you buy you get the arbor adapter you need if you need one. Our 1st ts400 decided not to rev as fast as it needed to, the boss went to get another one and drop off the 1st one for repair. He came back with a brandy new saw and blade but without the adapter...OOOPPPPPSSSS.....talk about lack of production, by his time it was 4 pm and we just called it a day. Also the water kit that came on our new one was plastic and cheap, reccomend to all replace factory water kit with something thats really up to comercial work.

mrusk
08-26-2006, 03:58 PM
The redmax/Komatsu blades are junk...especially for what they cost!! Google Joe Wizard Garden State Diamound blades.

He sells the best blades for the best price!!! I'd recommened him to anyone.

Matt

paponte
08-28-2006, 07:13 AM
We have been using Diamond Blade Warehouse. We get bulk discounts, free shipping, hats/shirts when ordering as little as 6 blades. I will warn you though, that if you DO NOT clearly specify "DON'T call me, I'll call you" they will try and solicit you every month. But then again, I have found that with every diamond blade company.

ferris52
08-22-2008, 07:00 PM
I have had great luck with a DITEQ ARIX blade, on my TS700, it cuts through granite slabs great/ however I would look at the diteq catalog for the correct blade for whatever material you are cutting/ the Firhawk blade by diteq looks mean as well/ I am impressed with the longevity and performance of this brand of blade and highly suggest it.

Hardscaping
08-22-2008, 09:47 PM
29.99 at princess auto just got one lol haven't used it yet 14" segmental diamond tip blade! let you guys know how it goes with it!