PDA

View Full Version : New Bobcat 185 price

Mike33
08-28-2006, 08:40 PM
I had a thread earlier on this , to make a long story short i want a second machine like my other one. 185, enc. cab, heat, air, susp. seat, hd tires. My dealer priced it to me in may for 29,800 with sales tax, now he says bobcat if giving big allowance of cab and air. Price now is 26.800. How does this sound to you guys fair price or not. Thanks
Mike

OCL
08-28-2006, 11:36 PM
Sounds good to me I just priced a Bobcat S250 $52,000 CDN with tax Maybe I need to look at a S185 but no 2 speed!

Mike33
08-28-2006, 11:44 PM
they dont do a 2 speed in 185
Mike

Tigerotor77W
08-29-2006, 12:38 AM
No attachments? What kind of coupler?

I think 26.8k isn't bad, but it could be better...

Mike33
08-29-2006, 05:58 PM
the machine is really 25k and the 26,700 is the tax included. I think im going to buy it ive been playing with salesman since may. I know they dropped there price for fall no one likes payments in winter but i can handle it. Of couse i dont like them either but we have 4 new yard installs coming up in few weeks and this is really where i need the second machine.i really dont think the price is bad though.
Mike

grandview (2006)
08-29-2006, 06:28 PM
Just jumping in here, if you only need it a few times why not rent it for the jobs? If you do buy it throw out a lower offer and see if they bit.

Mike33
08-29-2006, 07:21 PM
i already threw in another offer and they bit. I feel i need 2 machines even though im only a 2 man company. My employee has been doing all the operating last 2 years and he is very good. My feeling is why shoud i pay him to watch me, so i watch him. We could knock out yards a lot quicker 1 machine grading top soil the other machine hogging. Many new yard installs are a pain, truck may only be able to dump in front yard and you have to bucket everything back. My business is super we have not missed a rain day since may and we still cant keep a schedule. Also my largest competiter is retiring and closed his doors, thats means a lot more work will be coming. If we get wet on a soil job we could take second machine to another job and build a wall. I think we need a second machine and i will be wasting a lot of money in renting at 180.00 per day. Even on larger wall jobs we use hoe attm. for digging footer the other machine could be cleaning up or loading dump truck for haul away.
Mike

mrusk
08-29-2006, 07:43 PM
Have you tried a excavator?. I know we talked about it before, but did you ever rent one on a wall install? I find them to be very versatile. I hope you atleast tried one.

On 2nd thought, why don't you buy a bigger skid steer than the one you have now? So then on lawn installs, you have the larger machine transporting the dirt from driveway to backyard, and have the smaller machine grading.

Matt

Mike33
08-29-2006, 10:47 PM
Yes i ran a excavater twice and like it. I was on a wall job a round a pool and the pool cont. i knew had a new bobcat 4 someting zero turn. I caught right on to it he just bought it and was embarasssed to run it in front of us and offered to let me try it. Yes it was sweetand i caught right on to it. My problem is that dont get me wrong i do have good eqpt. but i am cheap. I hate to spend this kind of money with out well thinking every odd and asking around. That is a good point and after the last couple of hours im thinking on just renting a second machine for these yards. Im going to do them back to back and it is a 2 and 2 deal. What i mean is im lucky to have 2 yard right across the road from each other in 2 different places. This way i can really see how 2 machines will work. I can afford the machine but im always very careful on descisions. I remeber 11 years ago starting with nothing the hard way it still makes me very conserative. I just really though will not consider dropping 40k plus in to a excavater. I also believe that there will be a good deal out there tommorrow.
Mike

ksss
08-29-2006, 11:47 PM
something to ponder if your adding a second machine. If your first one is an S185 I would look at getting a bigger one as a second maybe a 250 or 300. When I added a second machine I went big (85XT) and then went to the biggest I could get (95XT). What I like about having two sizes is I can better match the job with the machine. Now I run a 440 (2200 ROC) and a 95XT (3150 ROC). The bigger jobs go to the bigger machine and the smaller ones to the smaller machine. It makes things more efficient.