PDA

View Full Version : Loaded trailer

Tharrell
08-29-2006, 06:40 AM
My new trailer is pretty loaded up. Already thinking of a tandem, maybe 20 ft?
What's the most useful length?

Duramax8832
08-29-2006, 10:16 AM
I have a tandem 18ft with your name on it.

Tharrell
08-30-2006, 08:03 AM
I'd get it made at Tesh if I get one, sorry. I've learned that I'm not happy with most trailers I've seen on the trailer lots. Most are underbuilt and/or aggravating to use. The bright side for you is, steel has gone up and utility trailers don't depreciate. You should get a good price if you hang on to it until the right person comes along.

Jpocket
08-30-2006, 09:10 AM
18ft is usually big enough for most anything you want to do. I have one, and put 2 60" lazers, and a 48" walkbehind on it. Unless your running a 6 man crew anything over 18ft is overkill

Duramax8832
08-30-2006, 09:50 AM
Trailers are like most of my old girfriends. No matter what one you have they are still a *****. And having more than one is just too complicated.

nt1
08-30-2006, 10:00 AM
Nice security system for the trailer.:)
I know a few guys around here that keep dogs on their trailers while working and they don't have any equipment walking away.

Cornwell
08-30-2006, 10:24 AM
I like that side gate! I would like to install one on my 16'. Anybody have any good pics of a gate lift assist? I love my tandem 16' everything I need is in arms reach good enough to make the day go fast.

Tharrell
08-31-2006, 07:10 PM
Check my username. I posted some really good pics of my lift assist on the side and the rear. It's the best system I've ever seen. Oh yeah, she's not really guarding it, it was just handy to tie her to the loop at the rear of the trailer with a 20 ft lead.

ALarsh
08-31-2006, 10:32 PM
Check my username. I posted some really good pics of my lift assist on the side and the rear. It's the best system I've ever seen. Oh yeah, she's not really guarding it, it was just handy to tie her to the loop at the rear of the trailer with a 20 ft lead.
Forget about the dog, take off in the truck and no more doggy. I wouldn't tie my dog up to the trailer. ;)

qualitylawnmanagement
08-31-2006, 11:10 PM
18ft has been perfect for me, I can haul both of my Dixie choppers and my walk-behind and still have room for brush and trash if I have to haul it off on of my property's. My buddy has a 20ft and he said he works for him which again he hauls 3 Dixie choppers though. I had a 12ft at first and out grew it with in a year so an 18ft should do just fine for you.

fiveoboy01
08-31-2006, 11:57 PM
We have an 18' and there's a lot of room, even with our way-too-long scag 3-wheel rider and walk behind on board.

J&R Landscaping
09-03-2006, 12:59 AM
Equipment wise, what exactly is on the trailer? It looks like I can make out 2 WB's and a ZTR. Got any close up pics of the equipment itself?

Tharrell
09-04-2006, 10:56 AM
In that pic I have a Yazoo Z, 2 Bob-Cat wb. The Z is a loaner. I also have a parking lot sweeper and a push blower that aren't on the trailer. I mainly use walkbehinds, they go anywhere. That trailer is a 6 1/2 x 14 and I can see a longer trailer in my future. I think I'll go with an enclosed trailer if I get a bigger one. I'd really like to see a combination of open/enclosed. I'd like to see an enclosed portion up front for all the handheld tools and such and an open area in the back for the lawn machines.
The way I have it envisioned is like this: A small enclosed area up front like a sleeper on a big truck to store all the small stuff with a door on the right side and a vent on the roof. The back would be a traditional type lawn trailer with the exception of 5-6 ft sides.
Security and safety is foremost in my thinking. I haven't owned an enclosed trailer before but, I've wondered about putting very hot engines in an enclosed area with fuel vapors.
The handheld items would also be outside during work hours but go into the enclosed area at night for security.
Oh well, just thinking about what's possible.