PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle wraps

PerfiCut L&L
08-29-2006, 09:09 AM
Were looking at having vehicle wrap vynil installed onto our trailers and vehicles. I'm concerned with the effects this will have on the paint. I've read that the vynil protects the paints finish from both abrasive and UV rays.

What can I expect if I decide to have the vynil removed at a later date?

baddboygeorge
08-29-2006, 09:48 AM
I asked the same question an they showed me a vehicle that had been wrapped for 3 years an when they took to wrap off it was like new underneath.actually the wrap itself had some scuffs from everyday use but the actual paint was flawless !

GPDesign1
08-29-2006, 10:14 AM
We did a full wrap on our Quick 36 Show Truck and the company that did it said it would last for 5-7 years. I know one thing, it sure is a conversation starter!

You can see it at quick36.com... go to the Family Photos page. John dubbed it "the Subtle Shuttle".

GRI Media Group in Denver Colorado did our wrap. Great guys! 303-292-1532.

gp

AlleganyLawnCare
08-29-2006, 12:34 PM
Just out of curiosity, what does it average to get your truck done like that? I was thinking of doing it next year. Thanks!

AlleganyLawnCare
08-29-2006, 12:35 PM
By the way GPDesign1 your truck looks fantastic!

GPDesign1
08-29-2006, 12:54 PM
Thanks. It cost about $2800 turnkey. Two guys came to our plant to install it... took about four hours.

AlleganyLawnCare
08-29-2006, 03:53 PM
Looks beautiful! really does.

lawnspecialties
08-29-2006, 10:30 PM
We did a full wrap on our Quick 36 Show Truck and the company that did it said it would last for 5-7 years. I know one thing, it sure is a conversation starter!

You can see it at quick36.com... go to the Family Photos page. John dubbed it "the Subtle Shuttle".

gp

That is one of the sharpest "business" trucks I've ever seen.:)

Frontier-Lawn
08-30-2006, 11:59 AM
Were looking at having vehicle wrap vynil installed onto our trailers and vehicles. I'm concerned with the effects this will have on the paint. I've read that the vynil protects the paints finish from both abrasive and UV rays.

What can I expect if I decide to have the vynil removed at a later date?
the custom car/ truck scene has been using it for years and nascar aslo so they dont have to paint all the grafics.
http://www.vehiclewraps.ca/animation2_01.gif

PerfiCut L&L
08-30-2006, 03:01 PM
Looks good. Im not sure if I want/need to do a full vehicle wrap. I would like to get the trailer done first. My idea was to have a large image of stone project from top to bottom 7', down 8' long. Then of course our logo, and some text. Just wasnt sure about how this effects the paint. I imagine the areas it covers it protects, but any areas not covered will be effected by light and scratches, thus showing the outline of the covered areas when the wrap is removed.

Decisions/decisions....

Brendan Smith
08-30-2006, 04:33 PM
which company owns this again? i keep forgetting the name...:)

http://www.betteroutdoorproducts.com/BodyPages/Images/PhotoAlbum/the%20Subtle%20Shuttle.jpg

Howie's Lawn Care
08-30-2006, 06:12 PM

gp
You may not want to tell what that cost, but can you give me an idea. Was it more than 2K? Also, how the appearance up close? Is it pretty shiny?

Prestige-Lawncare
08-31-2006, 12:26 PM
I too may be looking at doing an eclosed trailer. Wonder what the cost of something like that would be? I imagine most of it depends on the amount of art work.

There is a company here in my hometown that does all kinds of graphics work, from tractor/trailers to police cars, called TKO Graphix. I think I will check them out!

Check them out here --> TKO Graphix (http://tkographics.com/home.htm)

GPDesign1
08-31-2006, 12:57 PM
cost was about $2800 turnkey (includes creation of the art, we supplied the pictures, logos and concept).

The finish is matte.

g

Rex Mann
09-01-2006, 12:32 AM
we are getting one of our enclosed trailers wrapped. They are designing
the wrap this week. The trailer is 28 feet long with 7 foot high sides. Also, the front and rear are to be done for a total of about 520 square feet.

Total cost is around $5,300.00. My half is $2,650.00, the other half is being picked up by one of the paver manufactures we use. Got to love CO-OP advertising.

I hope to have it done by this time next week.

Peace,

Rex

ALarsh
09-01-2006, 12:56 AM
which company owns this again? i keep forgetting the name...:)

http://www.betteroutdoorproducts.com/BodyPages/Images/PhotoAlbum/the%20Subtle%20Shuttle.jpg
Yeah I will keep in mind not to steal that truck. You could park that thing anywhere and not worry about it getting stolen.

Rex Mann
09-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Proposal for our new trailer.

Any input?

Peace,

Rex

Potomac Lawns Inc.
09-20-2006, 08:57 PM
looks good