PDA

View Full Version : another use

Brendan Smith
08-29-2006, 09:22 AM
found another use for fluid film yesterday. i had a deadbolt lock which would not retract and after taking the outer covers off, i still couldn't get it to slide back. i went and got my hammer and a chisel, but then figured i'd try fluid film first. i sprayed the inner mechanism, let it sit a few minutes, and tried it. darn if it didn't work. i extracted the bolt, soaked it real good, and reinstalled it, works perfectly.
before fluid film, i would have just bought a new lock because liquid graphite doesn't work for long, same with wd 40 and the other petroleum based lubricants. given fluid film's staying power, i doubt i'll have to buy a new lock anytime soon. that one use paid for the can of fluid film.
thanks guys!

DUSTYCEDAR
08-29-2006, 09:54 AM
i like using it on my spreader cables and gate

Dano50
08-30-2006, 03:02 PM
There are a limitless number of uses for Fluid Film. If you take the time to explore our website (http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com) I'm sure you will discover some you had never thought of before. I hope you will continue to share your favorite or unusual uses.

dfor
09-03-2006, 09:51 AM
I used it on the door lock of my truck. With all the salt on the roads, the lock must have gotten corroded and would not turn using the key. Sprayed Fluid Film in it, and within a day or two, it was as freed up. Saved me from putting in a new lock.

rb_in_va
09-26-2006, 05:23 PM
I used fluid film on the rollers for my screen door to my screen porch. They rollers didn't roll very well, but after a shot of FF they worked like new. I tried FF on my grill grate and it didn't work so good though. It took off some of the corrosion, but not all. Maybe if I left it on there longer it would work better.

Dano50
09-26-2006, 05:52 PM
I tried FF on my grill grate and it didn't work so good though. It took off some of the corrosion, but not all. Maybe if I left it on there longer it would work better.

Fluid Film is more of a preventer than a remover. It will work better if you leave it on longer, but it's main function is to prevent any new rust from forming.

Brendan Smith
09-26-2006, 07:12 PM
Fluid Film is more of a preventer than a remover. It will work better if you leave it on longer, but it's main function is to prevent any new rust from forming.
don't be shy dan, it does well as a remover also, as evidenced by the black smudges left on my legs every time i brush against my trailer ball. of course, it isn't as good as a roloc disc :) , but it is good stuff.

rb_in_va
09-29-2006, 03:25 PM
I used FF on some squeaky door hinges in my house. It didn't silence the completely right away, but the next day they were quiet as can be! Great stuff!

Brendan Smith
10-01-2006, 03:55 PM
i'm sure this is absolutely not a recommended use, but i burned my hand welding today. figured since it has lanolin in it, why not spray my burn. it actually helped some. not as good as actual burn cream, but since i was in the middle of nowhere working with no medicine cabinet within 20 miles, i tried it.
it is not as good as super-gluing a cut closed so you can keep going, but it was way better than nothing.

Dano50
10-02-2006, 10:12 AM
DISCLAIMER: Fluid Film is not recommended for use as a fire ******ant. If engulfed in flames; stop, drop and roll.

Brendan Smith
10-02-2006, 12:57 PM
DISCLAIMER: Fluid Film is not recommended for use as a fire ******ant. If engulfed in flames; stop, drop and roll.
no dan - burn remedy. i was never in danger of complete immolation like the buddhist monks in the 60's :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dano50
10-02-2006, 01:24 PM
no dan - burn remedy. i was never in danger of complete immolation like the buddhist monks in the 60's :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just thought a disclaimer might be in order. I've got to make sure that Fluid Film is not misused. It's my job.:cool:

sheshovel
10-02-2006, 01:31 PM
I sprayed it on my t-shirt instead of useing water for the big wet t-shirt contest.
I won!

Dano50
10-02-2006, 01:41 PM
I sprayed it on my t-shirt instead of useing water for the big wet t-shirt contest.
I won!

Sheshovel, I think we need some pics to verify the truth of that statement. :laugh:

sheshovel
10-02-2006, 01:51 PM
Well Dano I would just love to show you but it's hard to take pics when your on center stage!