PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got A New To Me Truck. Thanks Everyone!

FearThisDeere
08-31-2006, 09:52 AM
I picked up my truck on Monday, but have not had time to post the pics. So here it is. 2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4X4 Lariat Crew Cab. This thing is loaded, it even has a 6 disc CD changer. I didn't really want a loaded truck, but I knew that this was the truck for me. It is in perfect shape. Has never towed or worked a day in it's life. I bought it used at the dealer where it was sold and it only has 55,700 miles on it. Full service record. The previous owner only used it to commute back and forth to work. Why I don't know. After 150 miles, mostly around town, I am averaginf 14.7 MPG. A lot better than I thought. I know it is not a diesel, but it is great for what I need. I got it for just under $21000 out the door including tax, title, inspection, a 3 year 36,000 miles warranty, brand new brakes, and a trailer brake controller. Lastly, thank you everyone here on Lawnsite for all your advice and suggestions while I looked for a new truck. I kept everything that you had said in the back of my mind and I feel that I made a good choice. Without this site I don't know where I'd be!:waving:

FearThisDeere
08-31-2006, 09:54 AM
The start of the endless amount of pics:

FearThisDeere
08-31-2006, 09:55 AM
The pics continued...

FearThisDeere
08-31-2006, 09:55 AM
Maybe this will be the last vehicle I buy for a while!

FearThisDeere
08-31-2006, 09:56 AM
I have owned a total of 8 vehicles in the last two years and I am only 18... most of them were junk lol!

FearThisDeere
08-31-2006, 09:59 AM
Last pics for now. I hope you all enjoyed it!

DodgeTruckMan731
08-31-2006, 11:41 AM
Really nice truck, gonna put a plow on it?

DodgeTruckMan731
08-31-2006, 11:42 AM
Really nice truck, gonna put a plow on it?

never mind i read your signature:clapping:

J&R Landscaping
08-31-2006, 01:04 PM
Looks great! How many miles does it have on it?

rb_in_va
08-31-2006, 01:16 PM
Nice truck! It looks too nice to be a work truck actually.

ALarsh
08-31-2006, 01:55 PM
Yeah that leather is too nice to work in.

Other than that, looks good. 14.7 mpg around town in a V10? I find that hard to believe but nice looking truck.

FearThisDeere
08-31-2006, 02:01 PM
Looks great! How many miles does it have on it?
It has 55,700 miles on it right now. It is too nice to be a work truck, but a baby my equipment, so it will stay looking like that forever...well, atleast close to looking like that. Over the last 200 miles I have been getting 14.7 average. Not exactly city stop and go, but not highway. The overhead console said 14.8 and when I did the math I got 14.6, so 14.7 seems close enough. I will keep an update on that.

rb_in_va
08-31-2006, 02:09 PM
It is too nice to be a work truck, but a baby my equipment, so it will stay looking like that forever...well, atleast close to looking like that.

The nice thing is that the truck will be able to pull double duty as it would be fine to pull up to a nice restaurant or tow the boat to the lake in that rig.

stuffdeer
08-31-2006, 03:29 PM
Hey, Nice truck.

My Personal goal, I am going to hold myself to, is

In my Senior Year of High School (Summer) I want to buy a brand new F-250 with the V10 in it.

I want to put 15k Down so.

DiMassa33
08-31-2006, 04:18 PM
looks immaculate

zim bob the landscaper
08-31-2006, 05:00 PM
even though i like chevy i really like the inside of the fords. thats really all i like avout them. im gonna get a really nice truck and put so much into it so its a really powerful truck. and going to be mostly gonna pull skid steers and excaators and other heavy machinary like that.

ED'S LAWNCARE
08-31-2006, 05:23 PM
I've got the same truck but diesel you will love it. It may be too nice to work in but it makes the ride home at the end of the day nice.

Enjoy it.

DoetschOutdoor
08-31-2006, 08:12 PM
Hellz yea, nice looking truck. The leather is nice to get into after working your butt off

FearThisDeere
08-31-2006, 09:46 PM
I love the leather, it is just so comftorable, especially with the power seats. I would call this truck only 1/4 of a work truck. I am backing things off just a little as a gear up for college. I am going to see what my college work load is like and then go from there. This truck will basically be used for hauling my dump trailer and hauling horses... in style and confort. It works great as a work truck, but even better as a date truck! I can finally fit more than 2 people in a truck without any issues. We'll just say that the girls love it, but people in general like it. I get tons of thumbs up and looks for some reason. There are no modifications or anything. It is just a bone stock truck. Whatever floats their boat! It will be even better if and when I get some exhaust work done to it. Then they heads will really turn!:weightlifter:

Idealtim
08-31-2006, 10:03 PM
The short beds are very nice for pulling trailers because the over all lenth is shortened. Now, because you have a crewcab, that lenth might come back and everything I just said can go out the window, lol.

Petr51488
08-31-2006, 11:48 PM
Any reason why you didn't go for the long bed?

DoetschOutdoor
09-01-2006, 01:45 AM
I would not have gone for the long bed either. I like the look of the 4 door crewcab with the shot bed

FearThisDeere
09-01-2006, 09:03 AM
I liked the look of the crew cab with the shortbed. I drove an F350 crew with the long bed and it didn't bother me any, it is only 2 feet longer. This truck was such a good deal IMO that I didn't really care about the shortbed. I am happy I went with it tho because the long bed wouldn't have fit in my parking spot I have (especially not in the garage). I have to make a really tight corner coming out of my driveway with tress and telephone polls, so I don't know how well it would have cleared that as well.

mulcahy mowing
09-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Nice truck! It looks too nice to be a work truck actually.
thats what i was thinking

but i think he's a solo op right?

you'll love that ford! welcome to the ford family:usflag: :usflag:

bigjeeping
09-01-2006, 07:55 PM
Sexxxxxxxxxxxxay truck. My fords are loaded with everything but leather. Not by choice, that's just how I found them. I know I'd destroy that leather with grass and salt so be careful! Maybe put seat covers on while you're plowing.

Congrats and have fun!

Stuffdeer - that's an awesome goal. Have you thought about buying used? Even just a year or two used vehicle can save you thousands!

LindblomRJ
09-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Nice pickup. A year ago I looked at a crewcab long box with a v10. Didn't take the leap.

Date truck - Before I was married I had old 73 ford f-100. Fair amount of rust. I had a theory if my date was willing to ride with my in that old thing she would be worth keeping around.

Now I have my 79 and don't care if my wife ride in the old thing or not.

FearThisDeere
09-01-2006, 09:56 PM
but i think he's a solo op right?
you'll love that ford! welcome to the ford family:usflag: :usflag:
Yup, I am the only one, so I'll take really good care of it and nobody else can mess it up. Oh, and you mean welcome back to the Ford family. This is my third. I have had a '95 Ranger and a '96 F150 too. I towed with the F250 for the first time today. Was about 7500 lbs. or so. All i can say is wow. It tows like a dream. The 411 gears were the right choice. No problems on hills. It actually felt better on hills than on the flat. I am still averaging just over 14 even with towing. Granted, it was only 5 miles full and 5 miles empty at the most.