PDA

View Full Version : Line striping

Viseras lawn service
08-31-2006, 09:26 PM
Do you guys run a string on all your fields, regardless of if you can see the lines?

my guys say its a waste of time if they can just follow the old lines, but i think sometimes they go too fast and the lines get a little wavy....maybe im just too anal about it...lol

Also any tips to keep the lines straighter while dealing with the endless bumps out there? i found that deflating the tires a little bit helps some but on some of the rougher fields the lines come out bad, even with a stringline..

drelgan
09-12-2006, 07:33 AM
Personally, we string first time then just follow the lines there after. If the lines get a little wavy or if not real clear then we string. We do string when something special like a band contest is coming up.

coop1109
09-22-2006, 10:47 PM
We string for the first paint of the season and follow the lines after that. BUT, the lines will move after a lot of practice and over painting! I pulled a string today on a one of the football practice fields and some of the lines were off by almost 6 inches.

To keep the lines straight, we also deflate the tires a little and I make (or at least try to make) the guys slow down and pay more attention.

BSDeality
09-23-2006, 11:27 AM
The trick is to pick a point 10-20 yds past the end of the line and walk directly towards it with your arms almost locked straight out. This will allow you to make small corrections due to bumps (where most of the curves come from). only glance down for a split second to make sure you're still on the line. The other thing you can do is change directions. If you go around in clockwise fashion normally, then try going around counter clockwise.

golfkingisaac
11-20-2006, 10:26 PM
As some may or may not know, not only am i a 'BIG' golf fan, i also enjoy my Australian Sports. Dispite not having that much room in my yard (putting green is out back too), i have a small half-size field for the family where we can play most sports.
I use white paint & string every second time, or close too it to ensure the best possible look, even use my 'old' greens mower (its not used on my green anymore) & get a low quality cut & stripes).

But everyones different & time affects us...