PDA

View Full Version : Tk1140

Dirty Water
08-31-2006, 11:00 PM
Kiaser, I know you mentioned wanting to get either a Bladerunner or a TK1140.

Kitsap Farm and Garden has one listed for $99k right now. Thats not bad price for what you get.

I took a spin in one, comfortable cab and good layout. Its a lot more excavator for the money than you get if you get yellow paint.

http://www.machinerytrader.com/listings/detail.aspx?OHID=5392435&dlr=1&guid=847BD48BE469451FB47C5AEF19168754

Scag48
09-01-2006, 01:02 AM
I have a really hard time believing that the TK weighs 30,000 pounds. It doesn't look like you'll have any lift capacity with that machine unless the blade is down. I'm still trying to figure how they got to 30,000, it honestly looks like it's about 23-24K, the upperstructure is just flat small.

I'm sure it's a good machine and the price sure is right, but I'd probably stick with something a little more conventional. I'm not so hot on the side swing boom, I can't ever think of a time I've needed it with our 312 and a conventional setup is stronger. Just pick up on the little things, the undercarriage only has 1 carrier roller for God's sake.

tylermckee
09-01-2006, 01:11 AM
Weird looking son of a ***** aint it.

Gravel Rat
09-01-2006, 01:25 AM
It looks like a mini excavator on steriods it doesn't look like a fullsize machine. Must be the largest machine Takeuchi builds probably never see one in this area the closest dealer for us is 2000kms away.

ksss
09-01-2006, 01:36 AM
Well the Blade Runner I went to South Dakota to buy last week went well over 100K. Actually for digging house foundations I think the swing boom would be excellent. You can dig straight walls and footings without all the repositioning. Think about what makes it so nice about digging with a mini with a swing boom. I thought it was a great idea to put that on large excavator. I think it is a great value. Resale might be a little sketchy depending on the success of this machine. I wish it was zero tail. I am very pleased with my TB53, I am sure that the 30K machine would be as well built. I just don't want to spend that much money. I could dig a lot more foundations than I do if I had my own machine. Problem is the market is very competative. I am still deciding on which way to go. My CASE dealer is bringing in a 1999 9020B (160) for around 25K. I would rather test the market with that than a 120K excavator. I would not be afraid to trade up to a 1140 after I was a little more established in that heavier market.

Scag48
09-01-2006, 02:32 AM
Those Blade Runners are spendy! Used ED150's go for obscene amounts. After the collapse of the excavation division, I've decided there's no need to buy new equipment ever again. I think we learned a valuable lesson in asset management. From now on, used is the only way to go, at least for large equipment. The price difference in used to new skid steers is so small we can get away with buying new skids, but buying a $60K 120 is the way we should have gone from day one. Live and learn I guess.

tylermckee
09-01-2006, 03:04 AM
Well the Blade Runner I went to South Dakota to buy last week went well over 100K. Actually for digging house foundations I think the swing boom would be excellent. You can dig straight walls and footings without all the repositioning. Think about what makes it so nice about digging with a mini with a swing boom. I thought it was a great idea to put that on large excavator. I think it is a great value. Resale might be a little sketchy depending on the success of this machine. I wish it was zero tail. I am very pleased with my TB53, I am sure that the 30K machine would be as well built. I just don't want to spend that much money. I could dig a lot more foundations than I do if I had my own machine. Problem is the market is very competative. I am still deciding on which way to go. My CASE dealer is bringing in a 1999 9020B (160) for around 25K. I would rather test the market with that than a 120K excavator. I would not be afraid to trade up to a 1140 after I was a little more established in that heavier market.

I don't know how big the foundations you do are or what kind of soil but if i had the choice i would take the 7 year old 160 over the brand new TK.
What is the average size house? how deep? what kind of soil do you have? How many yards is the average dig? how long does it usually take you to do with what equipment?

qps
09-01-2006, 07:25 AM
Those Blade Runners are spendy! Used ED150's go for obscene amounts. After the collapse of the excavation division, I've decided there's no need to buy new equipment ever again. I think we learned a valuable lesson in asset management. From now on, used is the only way to go, at least for large equipment. The price difference in used to new skid steers is so small we can get away with buying new skids, but buying a $60K 120 is the way we should have gone from day one. Live and learn I guess.

What's the latest on the equipment????

Scag48
09-01-2006, 08:42 AM
What's the latest on the equipment????
277B sold on Monday, F450 is cleaned up and ready for sale, and we have a couple people interested in the 312. I know one guy that's looking at it is really interested, he took a look at it last Saturday while it was out working. This guy he works with came along and was telling me he takes forever making up his mind about stuff, so it might be a few days before he decides. Looks promising we'll get it sold, gonna hate to see it go though.

ksss
09-01-2006, 10:28 AM
The average depth is 7-8 feet average footprint of basement from 1500 to 3000 are average. I have a 8000 square footer to dig in a couple of weeks, total house is 16000 square feet. Soil conditions vary but mostly cobble rock to loam.