PDA

View Full Version : Anyone mount a tool box on your Skid Loader?

TXTom
09-01-2006, 09:11 PM
I was wondering if anyone has a tool box or compartment on there skid loader for storing small tools. I would like to have a grease gun and some gloves/rags and maybe a short length of chain. I haven't seen any boxes mounted on a skid, but wondered if anyone has done it. My machine might sit on a jobsite for a couple of weeks by itself. The trailer with toolboxes is usually back at the office. I would like to be able to lube the machine daily without having to remember the grease gun. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike33
09-01-2006, 09:37 PM
My first machine 94 bobcat 753 on the door you open for the engine compartment had a vertical pan attahed where i put wrenches to take off tooth bar. I cant remember if a grease gun would fit. Ther would be a great place to fabricate something and attach. My bobcat plows 5 lots in winter and my employee pulls up and always had to call me for help when bobcat was froze up. We had a 2 year issue with frozen fuel lines. That would be a great place for a few wrenches and a bottle of 911.
Mike

TXTom
09-01-2006, 09:40 PM
Mike,

I was wondering if there was any room between the engine and rear door. I guess I will have to do some measuring. I can easily make a flat box with open top. Anyone else?

Tom

chuckers
09-01-2006, 10:05 PM
we mount them on clips on the sides of the machine works great

Mike33
09-01-2006, 11:27 PM
Mike,

I was wondering if there was any room between the engine and rear door. I guess I will have to do some measuring. I can easily make a flat box with open top. Anyone else?

Tom
Keep in mind that was a 94 753 bobcat i now have a 185 and didnt even think about this until you mentioned. I had a 99 763 and it didnt have this maybe it would not fit or bobcat cheapened up. But what you expalined back is what it was. It was a little left of the latch no frills but it worked great.
Mike

freddyc
09-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Not sure what machine you have, but if push comes to shove and you're out of space, you might be able to build a small drawer under the battery.

If there's enough room, lift the battery, build a drawer under it and fasten the battery back to the drawer top. For a grease gun and a couple rags, there might be enough room...I was thinking of this on mine..just haven't gotten around to doing it.

Good Luck.

Dirty Water
09-03-2006, 11:40 AM
If all you want to store is a greasegun and a few rags, why not put a net of some sort in the roof of the cab?

mow king
09-03-2006, 12:10 PM
If all you want to store is a greasegun and a few rags, why not put a net of some sort in the roof of the cab?

Or depending on the particular machine you could probably fit a grease gun and some rags behind the seat.

Scag48
09-03-2006, 08:14 PM
I can put a grease gun, hardhat, 2 crescent wrenches, screwdrivers, etc. beside the seat and a little bit behind the seat on our 216.

Mike33
09-06-2006, 10:48 PM
I can put a grease gun, hardhat, 2 crescent wrenches, screwdrivers, etc. beside the seat and a little bit behind the seat on our 216.
Bet you cant if your as bigs as i am. I need all the cab space i can get.
Mike