PDA

View Full Version : Staten Island

ACutAbovesiny
09-02-2006, 06:45 AM
New to the site and haven't seen alot of people on here from my area. Just wanted to see if you guys are out ther and say whats up?

rodfather
09-02-2006, 09:37 AM
There are a number of guys from SI including aponte (Paul) and fga (Adam) to start with.

mikefromny
09-05-2006, 08:36 PM
sarni and sons from staten island , anybody know them ?

scaper27
09-15-2006, 10:30 AM
I am from Long Island. I thought P.Aponte was from around the Long Island. How is it on Staten Island. It is too congested here with guys.. I am from Huntington

rodfather
09-15-2006, 12:58 PM
I thought P.Aponte was from around the Long Island.

my mistake

fga
09-15-2006, 01:34 PM
sarni and sons from staten island , anybody know them ?
hey,
is that the blue trucks with the orange lettering? sounds so familiar either way.

fga
09-15-2006, 01:40 PM
I am from Long Island. I thought P.Aponte was from around the Long Island. How is it on Staten Island. It is too congested here with guys.. I am from Huntington
hi,
its strange. driving around you would think with the amount of different companies you see, from huge multi truck operations to a solo guy with a mower in his mini-van.. that it would be an issue. Yet without advertising, i can hardly keep up with the work.
If you relied solo on lawn cutting here, you won't do so well. you may get by. but, you wind up with alot of extras on almost every account. from trimming, to thatching, leaves, etc.

i'm starting an additional employee tomorrow to try him out. just in time for leaves.

cut kid by the way. for the longest time, i had a pic of my daughter as my avatar, til i had a disagreement with a member and ripped my little girl. miss her pic on here though.

rodfather
09-15-2006, 04:53 PM
cut kid by the way. for the longest time, i had a pic of my daughter as my avatar, til i had a disagreement with a member and ripped my little girl. miss her pic on here though.

He's long gone Adam...personally I think ya should put her back :clapping:

fga
09-16-2006, 09:06 PM
He's long gone Adam...personally I think ya should put her back :clapping:
i'm trying to find another one. its unreal how fast she grew since that last pic:dizzy:

paponte
09-19-2006, 11:07 PM
What's up guys. Yes I am from Long Island (Islip) area. Rod gets CRS sometimes at his age, it's ok though we let him slide. While yes congested, there is still a ton of work out there. I do agree that you can't make it big on just grass alone on the island though. We have become very diversified in our services, offering everything from plowing, maintenance, installs, design, to even roll off service. Only up side to maintenance is that it will always be there. I still wouldn't want more than 2 maintenance crews though. :)

lawnguyland
10-04-2006, 08:04 PM
Guess where I'm from? Suck arse nassau county. Go Mets

metro36
10-04-2006, 08:33 PM
I am form Riverhead, Sufflok County Long island. Also known as the town with to many people from NYC. People who are filled with money and want cheap services. So this is not me... payup payup payup payup payup payup payup.

mikefromny
10-11-2006, 10:32 AM
hey,
is that the blue trucks with the orange lettering? sounds so familiar either way.

well he has a blue truck , had to get the lettering redone i think he might have gone with orange not sure , all my family is in staten island and does landscaping and im the only one in long island , but i definately want to get involved in staten island , smaller properties , better pay , alot closer together , you can bang out alot more in staten island than you can in long island
-mike

ACutAbovesiny
08-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Any new guys around? It seems as if there are lots of new trucks around here.