PDA

View Full Version : The year of 2006 Champion stripers Stand Off

Daner
09-02-2006, 01:46 PM
Welcome all This I a Battle of the champion striper's from June/ July/ And August-2006
These Bad Boy Striper's are going for the years end championship.
The Winners are:
June:Prostriper / Craigs / Grip-B
July:Out Till Dark / d heneger / Ochoada
August:Corbin Ridge / Stuff Deer / 6'7-330
The rules
1 picture for each striper only
The Pictures must be from this month
The winner will be announced Oct 1st
All may vote
Best of Luck Guys
Daner

Daner
09-06-2006, 04:45 PM
Small change In the rules... You may now submit 2 pictures for this event Instead of just 1.
Maybe guys, try to submit 1 pic before we enter the 2nd week...and then your last picture after the second week.
Thanks
Daner

prostriper
09-08-2006, 07:04 PM
Here is my first entry. I played around a little with a checkerboard pattern. The first time this pattern was done it did claim a casualty, may we have a moment of silence for the lil' tree in the middle. Thank you. Lets go guys I started it lets see what the best stripers of Lawn Site have to offer. This was cut with a 99 Exmark lazerZ, 23 hp kohler,, Ultra Cut 60", no striping kit or stripe attachments.

Idealtim
09-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Screw the triton, the ultracut is golden in my book.

DodgeTruckMan731
09-08-2006, 11:58 PM
Here is my first entry. I played around a little with a checkerboard pattern. The first time this pattern was done it did claim a casualty, may we have a moment of silence for the lil' tree in the middle. Thank you. Lets go guys I started it lets see what the best stripers of Lawn Site have to offer. This was cut with a 99 Exmark lazerZ, 23 hp kohler,, Ultra Cut 60", no striping kit or stripe attachments.

Very nice!

prostriper
09-09-2006, 12:52 AM
Screw the triton, the ultracut is golden in my book.

Not necesairily henegar runs a Triton. His last one turned out real good. We'll have to see. I believe corbin does to, as well as Bill

Daner
09-09-2006, 01:25 PM
Prostriper...Yaa have to tell these guys its not always the brand of deck...It's the man on the end of those sticks.
Nice job...And a very classic design.

jazak
09-09-2006, 03:39 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::clapping: :clapping::cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2::clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::clapping: :clapping::

I would like to thank all the sponsors of this contest and their donations:

EXMARK- Hat & T-shirt
HUSTLER- Jacket, Polo & T-shirt
TRUCKCRAFT- Hat & T-shirt
ENCORE- Hat & T-shirt
BETTER OUTDOOR PRODUCTS- 3 T-shirts
MOWPART.COM- FREE SET of BLADES to 1ST PLACE

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::clapping: :clapping::cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2::clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping::clapping: :clapping::

Daner
09-09-2006, 04:10 PM
I would also like to thank the sponsors...And also Jazak for gathering the Sponsors.
:clapping: :waving: :clapping: :clapping: :cool2: :dancing: :drinkup: :clapping: :weightlifter: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :)

prostriper
09-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Prostriper...Yaa have to tell these guys its not always the brand of deck...It's the man on the end of those sticks.
Nice job...And a very classic design.

Well I do have to give eXmark and the Ultra cut some of the credit. They are the ones that made such a responsive mower. This lawn has some dips and dives in it that made this difficult to pull off.

Daner
09-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Well I do have to give eXmark and the Ultra cut some of the credit. They are the ones that made such a responsive mower. This lawn has some dips and dives in it that made this difficult to pull off.
it will be Interesting to see the new mower line up for 2007
There are 3 that I want to try 1 is the exmark 2 the scagg saber tooth and 3 the husler.

zim bob the landscaper
09-09-2006, 07:33 PM
nice prizes are we gonna have one next year? also awesome stripes pro striper.

Daner
09-10-2006, 09:29 AM
nice prizes are we gonna have one next year? also awesome stripes pro striper.
Yes ,We will have a contest next year as well.

zim bob the landscaper
09-10-2006, 10:08 AM
ok cool ill have my new mower and my new computer back. and maybe i can get in the champions stand off.

Daner
09-13-2006, 12:19 PM
But try to get you first picture In guys...We are now aproching the half way mark:waving:

jazak
09-14-2006, 06:59 PM
We have one more sponsor who just called me up;

REDMAX- 12 T-Shirts to be given to each of the winners
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

ALarsh
09-14-2006, 10:07 PM
Hate to say this, but 90% of customers don't care about stripes. You guys lose a lot of money perfecting your stripes when you don't need to, and I don't know about you, but i'm out there to make some $$...

I tell my guys how to stripe and that they should go back and forth. I tell them that if the lawn has a clean cut and has minimal visible grass clippings, you move on to the next one. They are not to go over a lawn again just to bring out the stripe. Whatever floats your boat though...

Daner
09-15-2006, 11:39 AM
Hate to say this, but 90% of customers don't care about stripes. You guys lose a lot of money perfecting your stripes when you don't need to, and I don't know about you, but i'm out there to make some $$...

I tell my guys how to stripe and that they should go back and forth. I tell them that if the lawn has a clean cut and has minimal visible grass clippings, you move on to the next one. They are not to go over a lawn again just to bring out the stripe. Whatever floats your boat though...Alarsh...I'm Glad that 90% of your customers don,t care about you striping there lawns.:clapping:

Daner
09-15-2006, 11:42 AM
We have one more sponsor who just called me up;

REDMAX- 12 T-Shirts to be given to each of the winners
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:
Thanks Redmax For your suport
Daner:clapping: :waving: :clapping: :waving:

zim bob the landscaper
09-15-2006, 02:40 PM

I tell my guys how to stripe and that they should go back and forth. I tell them that if the lawn has a clean cut and has minimal visible grass clippings, you move on to the next one. They are not to go over a lawn again just to bring out the stripe. Whatever floats your boat though...
then theres that 10% that do which will get you other customers that like stripes. all of my customers like stripes. i like to make them because there just so cool to look at. well i think stripes make you look professional. i know alot of people dont care but if they want to make stripes w/e.

out till dark
09-15-2006, 10:18 PM
Here is my entry

prostriper
09-15-2006, 10:24 PM
That looks great. You run a lesco with a big league don't you?

KS_Grasscutter
09-15-2006, 11:27 PM
Here is my entry

Wow... very nice!

out till dark
09-16-2006, 08:40 AM
prostriper thanks I use a 48 exmark tthp with a big leagues roller.

KS thanks...

prostriper
09-16-2006, 09:59 PM

Note to stripers: Don't bid on 90% of ALarsh's accounts, they don't like striping. I think OTD will agree, a good 40-50% (if not more) of my customers absolutely love the way there lawns look when I am done. I have gained quite a few this year, as every year, from people simpily driving by.

Last I knew this was a friendly "striping" contest between peers, not a "how good does it look after you cut it as fast as you can contest".

ALarsh
09-17-2006, 01:09 AM
I never said I don't stripe (i do), but it looks like a good 80% of these pictures here appear to have gone over 2-3 times to really bring the stripe out. They do look good, but I hope that you don't use that attention to detail on every lawn you do because you could be doing a lot more accounts per week.

mr mow
09-17-2006, 04:23 AM
alarsh i agree with your very last statement(otherwise dont agree much at all),i personally do 25% of my lawns with a double cut (one direction and one the other, sometimes more cuts.....its advertisement!)(only my "perfect lawns"). people may not care about the stripe but they are watching..THEY CARE ABOUT THE WORK ETHIC, THE ABOVE AND BEYOND OF THE SCOPE OF WORK, AND THEY WILL TELL OTHER PEOPLE, FRIENDS AND FAMILY

yardmanlee
09-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Well come on guys lets see some other entries !!!!!!

zim bob the landscaper
09-17-2006, 10:34 AM
I never said I don't stripe (i do), but it looks like a good 80% of these pictures here appear to have gone over 2-3 times to really bring the stripe out. They do look good, but I hope that you don't use that attention to detail on every lawn you do because you could be doing a lot more accounts per week.
o i see i dont normally go over it that many times i just go over it again when i mow it the second time then i pick another way so it dont rut.

dhenegar
09-18-2006, 07:28 AM
Well here is my first entry, its not as creative as I would like, but I have not had much time. Hope this is O.K.

Daner
09-18-2006, 08:18 AM
Prostriper...Out till dark...dhenegar...Thanks for submitting Your first Picture,
And they all look real fine. Nice work.

WildRidge
09-18-2006, 12:34 PM
Sorry guys for not posting earlier.

DynaMow
09-18-2006, 01:07 PM
Cut today, @ 10:00 AM. Mower used was 48" Lesco Hydro W/B with sulky and my home made (top secret) striping kit. It just lays a nice even colored stripe across the whole width.

DodgeTruckMan731
09-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Cut today, @ 10:00 AM. Mower used was 48" Lesco Hydro W/B with sulky and my home made (top secret) striping kit. It just lays a nice even colored stripe across the whole width.

That "secrect stipe kit" knows what its doing. Killer stripes man.

BUCKEYE MOWING
09-18-2006, 08:09 PM
Those are some nice stripes.......Gets my vote !!!!!!GO BUCKS>>>>

Post Mowing
09-18-2006, 08:15 PM
where do we vote

stuffdeer
09-18-2006, 10:12 PM
Well...I dont think I'll be entering.

Its to dang wet here to make any grass look good here.

prostriper
09-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Looking good guys. That definitely is a good kit you have there Craig. You gotta love how a uni-directional pattern "pops".

FearThisDeere
09-18-2006, 10:31 PM
GO BUCKs
You can say that again. I think this year is going to be great. Both my parent went to Ohio State and we got back there atleast once a summer. Tickets on the 50. OK, back to the contest...

Daner
09-19-2006, 10:43 AM
where do we votemessege me with your vote...But Not yet the stripers have a chanch to enter 2 pictures if they want. Vote at the end of september.
stripes look good guys
Daner:waving:

Daner
09-19-2006, 10:50 AM
Well...I dont think I'll be entering.

Its to dang wet here to make any grass look good here.
Hope conditions Improve ...and you might still be able to get atleast 1 picture In before sept.30th. :weightlifter:

6'7 330
09-20-2006, 06:16 PM
exmark 36-in

6'7 330
09-20-2006, 06:17 PM
exmark 36-in same account

6'7 330
09-20-2006, 06:19 PM
toro turboforce, or exmark ultracut not sure which

Daner
09-21-2006, 08:02 AM
Prostriper
craigs,
Gripb
Out TillDark
dheneger
Ochoada
CorbinRidge
Stuff Deer
6 7-330
Please contact me with your mailing address so we can get the prizes to you.
Thanks
Daner:weightlifter:

WildRidge
09-21-2006, 08:17 PM
Wish I would have know the contest was going to end, thought we had another week left. Congrads to the winners.

DynaMow
09-21-2006, 08:57 PM
Wish I would have know the contest was going to end, thought we had another week left. Congrads to the winners.
Corbin I do beleive there is another week, I think Daner is just preparing for the end. Plus I see that Redmax is giving 12 shirts so everybody seems to be getting something. Oh wait a minute thats more comp, yes it has ended please do not post any pics.:laugh:

S man
09-21-2006, 09:29 PM
Nice bill. What 36" exmark is it?

WildRidge
09-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Well for kicks I'll submitt these.

zim bob the landscaper
09-22-2006, 03:03 PM
is the voting over? i would like to vote.

jazak
09-22-2006, 03:25 PM
Voting hasn't even started!@! It goes until Oct.

S man
09-22-2006, 11:14 PM
I'm either for bill or corbin ridge.

GripB
09-24-2006, 01:58 PM
I made it to the finals as a homeowner; so here's some pictures from around my house/property :)

GripB
09-24-2006, 02:01 PM
picture #2

GripB
09-24-2006, 02:04 PM
picture #3

GripB
09-24-2006, 02:06 PM
Last one, thanks for looking

Daner
09-24-2006, 06:32 PM
This Is the last week guys for your entries...Remember the rules 1 or 2 pictures...I know we all get excited sometimes LOL. You may start to send your votes to me...just In case your not around at the end of the month...or If you have a change of mind on your votes you can also change it before the dead line.
No more entries after sept.30th Midnight:weightlifter:
The winners of this contest will be announced the first week of October...I need this extra time to gather votes.
also remember to send me your mailing address I have only 4 so far and we have prizes for all 12 winners to start with.
I also want to thank the guys and the sponsors that help with this contest...hope your having fun...Its been a slice at this end.
Last week guys the heat Is on...We have some mean striper's In this contest.
Best of luck to yaa all.
Talk to ya soon
Daner

DynaMow
09-24-2006, 08:58 PM
My 2nd and final entry. Mowed yesterday morning with same unit as other. Hope you like.

WildRidge
09-25-2006, 04:58 PM
Daner can you send me your email address so I can give you my home address. For some reason I am not able to private message people. My email is Joe@corbinridge.com

Daner
09-26-2006, 07:18 PM
Daner can you send me your email address so I can give you my home address. For some reason I am not able to private message people. My email is Joe@corbinridge.com
NP ...Here's my email: danersteel@msn.com

6'7 330
09-26-2006, 08:50 PM
I was going over some new landscaping plans ,and for the heck of it got a pic with my camera on the cell. If a third pic is against the rules,disallow this one.

Daner
09-28-2006, 06:02 PM
Hey there Big Guy...The other pictures are better anyways...The cam phones dont take very good pictures...I think we will just vote on your first two.

prostriper
09-28-2006, 06:07 PM
Here is my final picture. First atempt at striping using means other than just a mower. It didn't turn out too bad, its not perfect. I hoped it would turn out better. We've had too much rain for patterns such as this. The white streaks in the middle are supposed to be horizontal diamonds. due to the angle they don't show up real well. I knew I should have made them bigger, darn it. Would posting a couple detail pics of the diamonds be against the 2 pic rule?

Daner
09-28-2006, 06:11 PM
Hey There Guys...Contest Is closing In on us...we are coming to the deadline date .
2Days Left:weightlifter:
Visitors please take the time to view the stripes from our contestants...and send me your vote...It will be very much appreciated
Thanks
Daner

Daner
09-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Prostriper...No Problem...You May post what you need to get the angle of your pattern.

S man
09-29-2006, 08:54 PM
Go bill Go bill!

prostriper
09-29-2006, 10:26 PM
Here is a couple of shots of the diamonds. Thank you for letting me post them I had a fair ammount of time in them.

prostriper
09-29-2006, 10:28 PM
From the back, this one is in the middle of the pattern.

prostriper
09-29-2006, 10:29 PM
One fianl angle.

Daner
09-30-2006, 07:28 PM
Great work guys...The strike of midnight Is the deadline...but from what I can see ,All the contestants that made It this far In this contest ,have there pictures In.
Keep the votes coming all...and thanks for voteing.
Daner

out till dark
09-30-2006, 11:53 PM
just made it whew...

Mark889
10-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Prostriper, those pictures of the diamonds in the grass are rediculous. The grass is matted down, you can see alot of foot prints in the yard, it simply looks terrible. Why would you spend so much time on something like this. It looks terrible may god have mercy on your soul.

zim bob the landscaper
10-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Prostriper, those pictures of the diamonds in the grass are rediculous. The grass is matted down, you can see alot of foot prints in the yard, it simply looks terrible. Why would you spend so much time on something like this. It looks terrible may god have mercy on your soul.
dont you read?:hammerhead: :dizzy: he said they wernt good because there was to much rain to do stripes like that.

DodgeTruckMan731
10-01-2006, 01:25 PM

Read the whole thread before you say something and if you did, start reading threads twice before you say something ridiculous like that

Mark889
10-01-2006, 03:14 PM
I read the whole thread. I dont see how what I said was the least bit out of line. If the grass was wet, and it doesnt look good, and he recognizes this, why is he entering the pictures in a striping competition.

And if there is "too much rain to be doing stripes like that" wouldnt common sense kick in and tell you not to stripe the yard like that because it is more detrimental to the turf than it is appealing to the eye?

DodgeTruckMan731
10-01-2006, 04:10 PM
I read the whole thread. I dont see how what I said was the least bit out of line. If the grass was wet, and it doesnt look good, and he recognizes this, why is he entering the pictures in a striping competition.

Because he wants a chance of winning and it a very unique design

zim bob the landscaper
10-01-2006, 05:36 PM

And if there is "too much rain to be doing stripes like that" wouldnt common sense kick in and tell you not to stripe the yard like that because it is more detrimental to the turf than it is appealing to the eye?
also because he only has one day left and that might have looked the best. BTW out till dark those stripes look real good.

Daner
10-01-2006, 07:11 PM
Hi All...The votes are still coming In...So It will be at least another day or so before the results are released.
I would like to take this opportunity... to thank our sponsors and members that have help me with this world champion striping contest.:clapping:
Also I would like to thank the stripers for all there hard work with there submissions...And there Pictures. In all events they have shown great talent and effort.:clapping:
Lawn site has been great...With this site we can all communicate and share our thoughts and Ideas ...Thumbs up to lawn site:clapping: Thanks also to all the visitors...that explored this thread and voted for your fav. striper:clapping: Weather conditions and turff quality play a big part on laying great stripes...This year the weather has been touchy...and the stripers had to deal with all of this, You did a great job guys...Nice work.
I will be back here tomorrow to make an announcement as to when the winners will be announced.
Daner

prostriper
10-01-2006, 07:54 PM

I did it for the learning experience, I know its not perfect. I stated it was not perfect. I did it because I wanted to try it. The fun thing about doing stuff like this is you never know how it is going to turn out until it's done. You should try doing it, this was alot of fun. I learned alot doing this pattern. In the last month Michigan has had about 1.5 weeks of total rainfall. I have had difficulty making anything look good here period.

This is what I have, this is what I entered. It was done the day it was entered, I unfortunately did not have the time to play around with it.

Josh.S
10-02-2006, 12:54 AM
Here is a shot from my camera phone..

Daner
10-02-2006, 07:11 PM
The winners will be announced tomorrow ...Tuesday Oct.3rd. at aprox. this time.
If there are any last minute votes, please send them to me
Thanks
Dan

Daner
10-03-2006, 06:39 PM
High noon tomorow ...I still had some more last min. votes In
early morning or Noon the bad Boy winners will be posted
Daner

ToroMaster
10-03-2006, 08:31 PM
I want in on the action

ToroMaster
10-03-2006, 09:07 PM
I installed this lawn in Oct. of 2005. I had my guys take pictures of nice lawns for the website. This guy has a thirty foot tree stand that makes it look great, check out the other picture on my other thread.

Daner
10-04-2006, 10:31 AM
The votes are now being counted
Daner

Daner
10-04-2006, 10:37 AM
any last Min. votes?:dancing: :cool2:

Daner
10-04-2006, 10:43 AM
I,m just looking at the pictures again...and there Is some nice work done there guys:weightlifter: :clapping:

Daner
10-04-2006, 10:50 AM
There will be 3 winners announced real soon.:cool2:

Daner
10-04-2006, 11:05 AM
1 last min. vote just came In....any more??

Daner
10-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Great day for me doing this Its raining like crazy out there,
I have never seen so much rain In the late summer to the fall In all my life.
Not the greatest weather for cutting lawns or striping them.

Daner
10-04-2006, 11:27 AM
:) Polls close In 35 mins.
The Heat Is On:dancing:

Daner
10-04-2006, 12:08 PM
With just a few mins. to announce the winners of this contest I would like to take some time to thank Our sponsors:clapping:
Exmark:clapping:
Hustler:clapping:
Truckcraft:clapping:
Better outdoor products:clapping:
Mowpart:clapping:
Redmax:clapping:
Thanks for the prizes, and also for making very fine equipment for our Industry.:clapping:
Thanks Jazak for helping and gathering our sponsors.:clapping:
Thanks Lawnsite This site is the best!:clapping:
Thanks to all the visitors and thanks for your votes as well...You all have been great.:clapping:
Last but not least...A big Thanks to the Stripers of this competition...You all did a great job:clapping::clapping::clapping: :clapping::clapping:

Daner
10-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Ladies and gentleman...I,m proud to announce the top 3 winners of this 2006 world champion stand off stripers competition.

1st place:Crags Mowing
2nd place:Outtilldark
3rd place:Prostriper
Congradulations guys...On winning this competition:clapping: :drinkup: :cool2: :clapping: :drinkup: :dancing: :clapping: :clapping: :drinkup: :clapping:
I hope you all have enjoyed this thread
Thanks all...and have a fine year end
See yaa all next spring.
Daner:waving:

dhenegar
10-05-2006, 07:18 AM
Hey Daner! Glad I made the finals, was just wondering if I won anything?

Daner
10-05-2006, 08:44 AM
Hey Daner! Glad I made the finals, was just wondering if I won anything?Yes you have won a prize...I,m working on that.
Everyone in this contest won at least one prize...I will post that Info as soon as I have all the information I need:waving:

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger
10-05-2006, 10:44 AM
picture #3
That grass is beautiful Grip.........nice work

prostriper
10-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Congratulations Craig and OTD you guys did fine work. I would also like to congradulate everyone who made it this far and everyone who entered in all three months. Everyone did great work.

And I saved the best for last, the sponsors. Thank you for your contributions and for sponsoring lawnsite. Lawnsite wouldn't be what it is today if it wasn't for you. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

This was a lot of fun for me as I hope it was for everyone else. I think this would make a fun lawnsite tradition. See you guys next year.

GripB
10-06-2006, 02:36 PM
That grass is beautiful Grip.........nice work

Thanks for the compliment. Too bad it wasn't sunny out when I took the pictures, the stripes look even better in the sun.

:drinkup:

Daner
10-06-2006, 06:13 PM
:usflag: :canadaflag: :weightlifter: :dancing: Any of the 7 contestants who hasn't sent me there mail address please do so

Daner
10-06-2006, 06:32 PM
100 POSTS Woo.
Corbin Ridge and 6'7 I need your Mailing address
Im me or send It to danersteel@msn.com

jazak
10-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Now its 100 POSTS. LOL, LOL:laugh: :waving: :weightlifter: :clapping:

BTW guys send daner your adresses so I can get the stuff out to you. Thanks

DynaMow
10-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Thanks everyone. Thanks Daner for putting it together, Jazak thanks for getting sponsors together, and sponsors thanks for participating. Sean thanks for the forum for the opportunity.

I have been having some fun at home with this victory. I tell my wife I am the champion striper of the world, get me a beer and some diner. She says "whatever, got any checks"? My son Matthew (10) says dad you are the greatest high fives, thinks I am the best in the world. Now for my daughter Sarah (8) "Daddy, no you are not" Yeah honey it is the World Wide Web. "Like all the guys in the world are on there, or not all entered the contest". Well I beat all the others. "Daddy, let me see the pictures" I fall right into her trap. " Well i think Prostriper, GripB, and OutTilldark are better then yours". I just laugh and go look for my son. Then she goes to take a shower and she makes up a song that goes like this. My Daddy is the best striper in the world, better then all the others, and so on. I never let her know I heard her song.

The boy keeps me high, the girl keeps me grounded. Just a great combination.

Thanks

prostriper
10-10-2006, 09:09 PM
Thanks everyone. Thanks Daner for putting it together, Jazak thanks for getting sponsors together, and sponsors thanks for participating. Sean thanks for the forum for the opportunity.

I have been having some fun at home with this victory. I tell my wife I am the champion striper of the world, get me a beer and some diner. She says "whatever, got any checks"? My son Matthew (10) says dad you are the greatest high fives, thinks I am the best in the world. Now for my daughter Sarah (8) "Daddy, no you are not" Yeah honey it is the World Wide Web. "Like all the guys in the world are on there, or not all entered the contest". Well I beat all the others. "Daddy, let me see the pictures" I fall right into her trap. " Well i think Prostriper, GripB, and OutTilldark are better then yours". I just laugh and go look for my son. Then she goes to take a shower and she makes up a song that goes like this. My Daddy is the best striper in the world, better then all the others, and so on. I never let her know I heard her song.

Thanks

That's a great story Craig. It's people like your daughter that will keep you grounded and make you strive to do better. There are people on here that can stripe better than us, a few entered and unfortunately didn't make it all the way. Many of us learned from the same person, either through direct conversation ( I regrettably did not), or through reading his posts. Just don't let it get to your head and always try to beat yourself, not Grip, or OTD, or Corbin or anyone. Because in the end beating yourself feels better than beating anyone in the world.

Drop me a PM I have some cool ideas for that section you cut the wave on that would look sick as he!!.

DynaMow
10-10-2006, 11:33 PM
That's a great story Craig. It's people like your daughter that will keep you grounded and make you strive to do better. There are people on here that can stripe better than us, a few entered and unfortunately didn't make it all the way. Many of us learned from the same person, either through direct conversation ( I regrettably did not), or through reading his posts. Just don't let it get to your head and always try to beat yourself, not Grip, or OTD, or Corbin or anyone. Because in the end beating yourself feels better than beating anyone in the world.

Drop me a PM I have some cool ideas for that section you cut the wave on that would look sick as he!!.
Just all in fun inside the family. I do not think I am best in world. Hell I think there was some posted better then mine.

GripB
10-11-2006, 07:03 AM

Thanks

Congrats Dude; I like your acceptance speach :clapping:

Having kids is the best (most of the time anyway:) ). Mine are 4 and 8, girl and boy respectively. My son wanted to get big checkers and play on my checker board striping pattern.

Congrats again. Have a good one!

GripB

Daner
10-11-2006, 12:09 PM
Craig...You are world Champion striper...And I,m glad that your family Is giving you a Hard Time...LOL:waving: ...good also to here the other guys congratulating you as well.:weightlifter:
Hope I see all you guys back here In the spring...when we start the 2007 series...should be a good one

prostriper
10-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Congrats Dude; I like your acceptance speach :clapping:

Having kids is the best (most of the time anyway:) ). Mine are 4 and 8, girl and boy respectively. My son wanted to get big checkers and play on my checker board striping pattern.

Congrats again. Have a good one!

GripB

Now that would be a fun game of checkers, I don't think I could imagine picking up a 60" checker piece every move,it would probably get old and tiring after a while,especially the kings.

Sean Adams
11-24-2006, 09:34 PM
I want to post here in this thread and let everyone know that this contest was put together by members of the site - I even spoke to one of them after the fact when a few of the sponsors called me and asked why this person was calling they had never heard of before named Jared asking for gifts and prizes.... I called Jared and told him that the contest was fine with me but before he decides to call anyone and say he represents "LawnSite" (the sponsors said he did not say he was a member, but said he was from LawnSite) that he should at least call me and ask.....

Anyway, now I am hearing that the winners of this contest have not received any of their prizes....this is something I just heard. I am also hearing that this guy "Jared" is telling people I was trying to stop him from awarding prizes - absolutely not true. I had no idea what the prizes were and how they were being determined or delivered, etc....

I do not know any more than this but I am posting here to let you know that myself or anyone here at LawnSite was not involved in this contest and were not aware of who or how prizes were being awarded.... if he isn't sending out what he is supposed to, then he is the one that needs contacted.

If I hear more I will let you know. I am going to email this guy and see what is going on.

prostriper
11-25-2006, 06:51 PM
I want to post here in this thread and let everyone know that this contest was put together by members of the site - I even spoke to one of them after the fact when a few of the sponsors called me and asked why this person was calling they had never heard of before named Jared asking for gifts and prizes.... I called Jared and told him that the contest was fine with me but before he decides to call anyone and say he represents "LawnSite" (the sponsors said he did not say he was a member, but said he was from LawnSite) that he should at least call me and ask.....

Anyway, now I am hearing that the winners of this contest have not received any of their prizes....this is something I just heard. I am also hearing that this guy "Jared" is telling people I was trying to stop him from awarding prizes - absolutely not true. I had no idea what the prizes were and how they were being determined or delivered, etc....

I do not know any more than this but I am posting here to let you know that myself or anyone here at LawnSite was not involved in this contest and were not aware of who or how prizes were being awarded.... if he isn't sending out what he is supposed to, then he is the one that needs contacted.

If I hear more I will let you know. I am going to email this guy and see what is going on.

Sean I would like to discuss this with you further. If you could contact me at my e-mail address at Prostriperz@yahoo.com. Thank you.

Daner
12-01-2006, 02:36 PM
I just got wind of the Information posted by Sean.
The way It all started, I was the host and started this contest...Then Jazak said that he got a few sponsors...and also said that he ran It by Sean...and all was good.
My apologies to Lawn site and the contest winners.
Daner