PDA

View Full Version : Pavestone drive and snow plowing?

Tim Wright
09-04-2006, 11:05 AM
How does a pave stone drive way fair when it comes to snow plowing? Does it get tore up, or does it do just as well as ashpalt and concret?

Thanks,

Tim

landscapingpoolguy
09-04-2006, 11:39 AM
If installed properly there should be no problems

LawnScapers of Dayton
09-04-2006, 11:57 AM
I personally will not plow paver drives.....but it really isn't that popular around here so I lose little business because of it. I guess you should use a poly edge and backdragging is better than pushing.....

D

Mike33
09-04-2006, 01:51 PM
That has been a biq question for me also, i dont do pavers so it would not be fair to comment. I always wondered on a paver driveway which in my area you can count on 1 hand and have fingers left over all the paver driveways. I thought pavers were to take the freezing and thawing. I wondered if on a driveway say 60' long 30' wide which is a common driveway if only 4 would raise a small fraction that could be a disaster plowing snow. Maybe this dont happen i dont know but always wondered.
Mike

Tim Wright
09-04-2006, 05:22 PM
Thank you all for your input.

I am hoping to get a few plowing customers this winter, and I am wondering if I should pass the pavers up or go ahead and take them on.

Thanks again,

Tim

mojob
09-04-2006, 06:33 PM
This is probably a question for plowsite.com but I'll throw it out there. Does anyone out there have trouble back dragging with a Boss V plow? The wings on mine tend to fold back. Didn't mean to but in with another question, but I figured while we're on the subject.

murray83
09-04-2006, 09:11 PM
i use a strip of 1'' thick conveyor belting as a cutting edge on my fisher,works quite well,got that idea of plowsite,thought i'd pass it along to those doing pavers.

Mike33
09-04-2006, 10:44 PM
This is probably a question for plowsite.com but I'll throw it out there. Does anyone out there have trouble back dragging with a Boss V plow? The wings on mine tend to fold back. Didn't mean to but in with another question, but I figured while we're on the subject.
They will some what , mine is only 2 years old so i figure it is normal.
Mike

jpmako
09-24-2006, 09:11 PM
If the driveways are installed properly and you take it slow you should not encounter too many problems.
Besides which I am not responsible for damages to driveways that I plow.
How can a contractor be held responsible for something that is buried in snow/ ice?

Here is the clause in my contract.

The contractor will not be responsible for the following: damage to existing landscaping or any damages that occur to asphalt, concrete or stone surfaces as well as adjacent features such as driveway/parking lot borders as a result of our snow plowing, shoveling and/or de-icing services. Contractor assumes no responsibility for vehicles parked illegally or in areas that the contractor has stated to the customer to be in a location that causes a hazard or impedes the performance of our work. The customer must notify contractor within 48 hours of any other damages. Failure to report damages constitutes a waiver and the contractor is released from liability. Customer understands that plowing, shoveling and/or de-icing of a particular location may not clear the area to "bare pavement" and that slippery conditions may continue to prevail even after plowing/ shoveling or the application of de-icing materials has occurred. Customer understands that the contractor assumes no liability for this commonly occurring condition. Customer agrees to defend and hold harmless the contractor for any and all trespasses or suits that may arise as a result of this commonly occurring condition.

Jason

zman9119
09-24-2006, 10:12 PM

You might want to try the Boss SmartLock Cylinders. They are designed to automatically lock and unlock the Power-V plows when you backdrag so you do not have this problem.

.mz