TriCountyLawn
09-04-2006, 09:29 PM
looks good!

Jamesgateslandscaping
09-04-2006, 09:30 PM
Rented excavator, Hope to purchase the same model in the spring:weightlifter:

Jamesgateslandscaping
09-04-2006, 09:33 PM
Before pictures of a job...I'll post the rest later on.
James

Lynch Landscaping
09-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Very nice work. I want to start in the stone industry some day.

Jamesgateslandscaping
09-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Finish pics...

Jamesgateslandscaping
09-04-2006, 11:00 PM
More finish pics...

Jamesgateslandscaping
09-04-2006, 11:03 PM
So many...The wall was to be used as a sitting area but the grade would have been to much to mow so we left one course of block exposed in the back...only the deer will see it:waving: . It was a very beautiful job by the time we were done. The rocks you see throughout are fuax rocks, 6 of them at $300/piece to cover pipes, electrical outlets and other eye sores.
James

Jamesgateslandscaping
09-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Finish pics of the patio/steps first featured. Quite the drainage system went into this patio, 2 drains in the patio itself running into the woods. We have 6 in. of crush stone underneath with 6 in. of gravel also.

Jamesgateslandscaping
09-04-2006, 11:09 PM
Pics of our last job of August, the pics are not complete, I have to get the finished ones.

Jamesgateslandscaping
09-04-2006, 11:10 PM
A couple more, the pavers around the light post were not my idea but I think it added a nice touch. I should have pushed for a sailer course though, I think it would have completed it more but the home owner was VERY happy.
James

jazak
09-04-2006, 11:13 PM
On the pool job why didn't you put up some privacy hedges/shrub? Everything looks great though.:clapping:

Jamesgateslandscaping
09-04-2006, 11:20 PM
The house is so far into the woods they don't even need a fence around it.:usflag: Like I said in one, the only thing watching are the deer:laugh: . This was a job done at a VERY prominent local businessman's house. The job itself was $26k+ with more work that they want next year. Job was completed in less than 2 weeks, Start to finish. 4500sq ft of sod went it, 42ft of allan block wall, plantings, irrigation, drip irrigation, replacement of the existing irrigation in the lawn, some bark mulch and light pruning in existing beds, stone edge around pool deck and touch up of stone around driveway (along edge of driveway).
James

mcwlandscaping
09-05-2006, 04:10 PM
laying sod that day was pretty fun, the rain was even more fun afterwards!!!! shoulda jumped in the pool!!!!!

zim bob the landscaper
09-05-2006, 04:19 PM
looks real good man. i definatly respect your work in a professional way if that makes sence. lol

ALarsh
09-05-2006, 11:57 PM
Looks great. Where did you learn to do the stone work?

ACutAbovesiny
09-06-2006, 12:20 AM
Everything looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Jamesgateslandscaping
09-06-2006, 12:21 AM
Seminars and mostly myself.
Common guys, almost 500 views and only a handfull of responses?:clapping: :hammerhead: :waving:
James

Tim Wright
09-06-2006, 09:38 AM
James,

Looks Great. I wish I would get work projects like this. All in time I guess.

What is on the back of the TC35 in the first set of pictures?

I would think that on some of that great pave stone you have put in, the customer would want a little color by way of flowers or something.

Oh ya, is that first pave sotone job on concret and glued or simply compacted dirt with back fill?

Tim

dcgreenspro
09-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Beuatiful work and nice, clean sites. You definetly take pride in your craft.

rb_in_va
09-06-2006, 01:39 PM
Great work!

SodKing
09-06-2006, 02:36 PM
Looks good James...

Jamesgateslandscaping
09-06-2006, 07:41 PM
Oh ya, is that first pave sotone job on concret and glued or simply compacted dirt with back fill?

Tim
Tim, If its the job I think your talking about, we dug out the base 12" down and put 6" of base and then buried a layer or 2 of block. Backfill consisted of washed stone 1' behind the wall and going the whole way up. We only used pave stone on HD jobs (we no longer install for them for some personal reasons) and other than that we use Allan block and cambridge pavers.

Jamesgateslandscaping
09-06-2006, 07:43 PM
Looks good James...
I go to UNH and we still havn't met:dizzy: ...we should meet up sometime for lunch!:waving:
James

Idealtim
09-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Common guys, almost 500 views and only a handfull of responses?:clapping: :hammerhead: :waving:
James

I think that's because your work speaks for itself!!!!

SodKing
09-06-2006, 09:06 PM
I go to UNH and we still havn't met:dizzy: ...we should meet up sometime for lunch!:waving:
James

Thats true. I just picked up a short contract over at Kingsbury. Apparently the lawn sucks! They asked me to fix it and if they spend enough money, I may be able to do that...

Jamesgateslandscaping
09-06-2006, 09:24 PM
HA! They put it in last fall, should have redone it in the spring but think the contractorer just wanted to get it down. Let me know when your out on campus, I'll stop by.
James

SodKing
09-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Thats what I figured. I told them they needed to water and they said how??? I did the lawn around Murkland and it was 100% prime when we turned it over to the University. We should be doing any lawn repair to T-Hall as well when it comes time...

I'll give you a call I should be in Durham Tuesday or Wednesday. PM me your phone #...

sheshovel
09-10-2006, 10:50 PM
Sorry I was waiting for the finished pics then I forgot all about it!
Great worK Jamesgates! You look like you are doing really, really well. Your just going to evolve and get better and better too. Don't forget to raise your prices as you do that. Your worth it.

Just two small things. #1- the steps coming of that back slider are not safe in my book..to small for the full foot and a tripping hazard.
#2- When you went around the light post..was there a reason why you did not curve the walkway in opposite that so it flowed? Usually if you curve out..you also curve in.

Jamesgateslandscaping
09-11-2006, 12:28 AM
Just two small things. #1- the steps coming of that back slider are not safe in my book..to small for the full foot and a tripping hazard.
#2- When you went around the light post..was there a reason why you did not curve the walkway in opposite that so it flowed? Usually if you curve out..you also curve in.

#1...Very tough people to work with, I wanted granite steps but they didnt and this was the easiest way to do it and to match it.
#2...Once again, very tough people to work with. We wanted to keep about 4' wide at the light post and this was the curve he liked. If I was to redo this walkway again, I would have thrown in a sailer corse. Originally, he wanted it to be all start lines on the inside and curves on the out, I finally talked him out of it. I just got the final pics of that job, hope to post them tomorrow. We had grass up in less than a week, just have to touch up some spots this weekend.
Thanks sheshovel. We charge accordingly and get what we deserve. We are trying to build an extensive portfolio in the next 2 years (requirment for school also because I own my own business) and hope to use it for signing many more jobs in the next couple years (actually started to sign jobs for 07:dizzy: )
Thanks!
James

sheshovel
09-11-2006, 05:57 PM
So great your signing for 2007. Doing better than I am on that point!
In a year or so..you will be so silver tongued with your clients..talking them into and out of things will come more naturally to you and they will trust your advice more because your professionalism will exude from your very pores. Trust me on this.

Dig Doug
09-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Can you post some Pics of the Trucks? Have you got the lettering done on the dump & trailer? What about the lights? Please post pics. Installs look great.

mcwlandscaping
09-19-2006, 11:54 PM
Can you post some Pics of the Trucks? Have you got the lettering done on the dump & trailer? What about the lights? Please post pics. Installs look great.
the truck lettering and lights on the trucks looks sick! the LEDs on the dump are insanely bright, his dad did an awsome job with them....glad he's doing all my lights and my plow install..he is a genious!!! srry james, had to say it!

l2edneck
09-20-2006, 12:02 AM
Excellent job! Definitly takes some skillz to pull them off.Sounds like the cash is flowin aswell.Well done in all aspects.

Jamesgateslandscaping
01-03-2007, 01:03 AM
More pictures coming soon!!

Uranus
01-03-2007, 01:19 AM
I like your work. That's the kind of work I'll be doing once I nurse this little mowing business into something bigger. I saw earlier you were booking onto 2007. Have you been able to do some of those jobs early with this wacky weather?

Jamesgateslandscaping
01-03-2007, 03:53 PM
Hoping to close on a job today or tomorrow in which we will be able to start this weekend or early next week in prep for April when we start construcion/irrigation. We easily have a month book solid (6 12 hr days/week) of just construction work for April/ early May on top of the ton's of mulch/cleanups/lawn care stuff we do. It'll be a busy spring, hoping to purchase an excavator in the next couple weeks also.
James

Poncho25
01-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Hey James, that is some really great work as I am sure you already know!! Keep it up. I am not into the stone business and don't think I would go into it but I def admire the work thats done!! Thanks for sharing your work with us here!!!

Jersey Landscaping
01-04-2007, 11:10 AM
That is some outstanding work.

J&R Landscaping
01-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Very nice work!