PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Ford F-450 questions.

Hummer
09-04-2006, 10:28 PM
I spotted a 2000 Ford F-450 dually crew cab on a lot today and stopped to take a look at it. It has a diesel, 4x4, 6-speed transmission a flat bed on the back of it.

Would I be correct in assuming that the main differences between the F-450 and a F-350 of the same year are the towing capacity and the brakes?

Does anyone have any advice on this 2000 F-450? Good things? Bad things? Things to look out for that were common problems on them?

Mike33
09-04-2006, 10:52 PM
More stronger such as heavier front gvw which i would think heavier axle, springs, etc. I would probably think maybe even heavier rotors. Also the entire suspnsion would have to be heavier for more gvw.
Mike

Travel'n Trees
09-04-2006, 11:37 PM
Got a 550 don't do it ain't worth it!

Marek
09-05-2006, 12:12 AM
Travel n trees you are always bashing fords what happened with yours and what are you driving now,and what makes it better?

Gravel Rat
09-05-2006, 12:56 AM
I wouldn't listen to Travel'n Trees

There are many F-450 and F-550s used and frigging abused in my area no complaints. The F-450 and F-550 4x4 service truck trucks used by the equipment dealers are maxed to the nuts I'am pretty sure they are overloaded. They get used offroad or in the mines never any problems.

If you want a F-450 go buy one I'am looking for a newer one myself. Used to put 5-6 ton on a F-550 on a regular basis never any problems.

Travel'n Trees
09-05-2006, 03:06 AM
Marek, I have caught FORD dealers lieing, stealing. Ford Co. supports their actions by saying it is just a accident. But then again Ford has been known to overrate their products alot. Cobra mustang, Cobra R the lightning truck. The are so many problems with this truck it is crazy, cam sensors, fuel line breaking, air filter boxes, computers, transfer cases, high egt's if you drive it normal on highway it tears itself up at highway speeds, fuel filters, transmissions, wiring, rear end bearings. All these problems stem from cutting corners. When it comes to exspensive problems Ford comes up with excuses, and I don't want anyone else to risk it. Ford screwed me over from the dealer to manufacturer, the diesels are no 1 (6.0)and 2 (7.3) for TSD's for any vehichle ever produced. Gravel Rat used in mines. Ford Corp says automatically voids warranty! Yes you can put the severe duty air cleaner box to keep it from dusting, but that even voids your warranty. You ever heard of a dusted FORD, who hasn't a simple .50 peice next to no more dusted motors, a simple plastic bar in the middle of the air fliter and no more collasping filter.

Travel'n Trees
09-05-2006, 03:27 AM
Anybody grease these trucks where are the zerks? How much more do they cost? Or just drive it till it breaks.

Mike33
09-05-2006, 09:08 AM
When i was talking single axle i didnt mean 1 ton or 450 i meant a real single axle. This guy has a kenworth chasiss so you can get the picture what size truck he has.
Mike

Marek
09-05-2006, 09:38 AM
Do you really think that the Fords are that much lesser quality than the GM or dodge products? As far as greaseable bearings I have severel lazers with over 2000 hrs with none greaseable bearings that I have never had a problem with.The 450 and 550 trucks seems to fit a nich for most of us.They will carry a load and you can rate them low enough to not put yourself into cdl range when towing.The 4500 and 5500 GM guys are having problems too just go to the dieselplace.com. I own severel Fords and will tell you that I'm not happy with thier new belt tightening for warranty work. But for us trucks in the 16k - 19k pound range they are the lesser of all the evils.

Fordsuvparts
09-05-2006, 10:31 AM
I wouldn't listen to Travel'n Trees

There are many F-450 and F-550s used and frigging abused in my area no complaints. The F-450 and F-550 4x4 service truck trucks used by the equipment dealers are maxed to the nuts I'am pretty sure they are overloaded. They get used offroad or in the mines never any problems.

If you want a F-450 go buy one I'am looking for a newer one myself. Used to put 5-6 ton on a F-550 on a regular basis never any problems.

I couldn't have said it any better than gravel rat did. The only time travel'n trees post is to bash on the F-450 and F-550. He just proves how stupid he is every time he post another stupid comment.

Travel'n tree's Listen very closely don't :cry:, SELL THE TRUCK AND GET ON WITH YOUR WORHTLESS LIFE.