PDA

View Full Version : Releveling job

NNJLandman
09-05-2006, 01:07 AM
Customer has a blue stone patio that has become uneven. He would like the stones lifted up and releveled so its an even surface. He also has a couple of stones he would like cut to fit into place. So what would be my best option to taclke this project, should I just pick up the stones, compact the current material, then relevel the area with a dead sand/stone dust then re-lay the stones?

Jeff

richallseasons
09-05-2006, 08:33 PM
you should remove the stones and do some digging to find out what is going on under there,we had a similar job last year where we dug into the base material only to find that it was improperly constructed and it needed to be excavated and done properly, we got permission to do this before hand so it was no suprise.You should get the homeowners consent to investigate further in the name of quality work and an accurate estimate.

forestfireguy
09-05-2006, 09:01 PM
We just did one of these last week. Removed stone which was installed some time ago....at least 20 years and releveled base which was acceptable, about 5 inches of what looked like 5a, pulled sand just like pavers and relayed. We had one hitch, stones were placed or ended up with 1" gaps which were posing a problem to guests at the B&B we were working at so over the 60 x 10 covered porch we worked under we ended up short, both ways. Client was told up front we'd need additional materials and said they did not want more bluestone unless the color match was precise. Since we could not accomodate this condition we laid a soldier course of pavers around the perimeter and a small paver pad where the work area funelled to the driveway, I was leary and didn't think it would blend well but was pleasently surprised in the end, we finished the whole thing with poly sand. WOW I just realized how much I rambled, Sorry!

landscapingpoolguy
09-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Jeff call me and Ill do it for ya