PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good PUSH mower

Fubba
09-05-2006, 01:33 AM
I have an HOA that I do that has a pond. The pond has probably a 45-50 degree bank on one side. I can barely stand on it if it weren't for the rocks at the bottom. I need a push mower to cut it as it is bermuda and too much to just weed eat. I've been using a Murray 22" 4hp, but I'm looking for something that has height adjustment and can turn a little more rpm's. Not necessarily looking for a much higher horsepower motor as the weight will then be an issue, but just something that is light and can turn faster than the Murray. It also must be able to change height easily. Any ideas? Thanks for the help even though it seems like a piece of worthless equipment, but the HOA pays quite well.

above all
09-05-2006, 08:53 AM
45 degrees.. outch. sounds like you need a floating deck with No wheels.

GreenNation
09-05-2006, 09:11 PM
We Have A 21'' Selfpropelled (rear Wheel Drive) 3 Speed Js-63
It Is 6.75hp And Can Side Discharge Or Mulch. It Is A Great Mulcher, And It Side Discharges Great. No Bagging (less Weight)
This Little Mower Has Stood Up All Season In All Kinds Of Unbelievable Conditions. It Will Go Anywhere You Can Even Think Walking On, And Is Has Been A Very Reliable 21''. I Think The Cost Of The Js-63 Was Around 500.00.

Jason Rose
09-05-2006, 11:43 PM
your best bet is an old lawnboy with a magnesium deck. 2 stroke dosn't care about the hill angle and they are light enough to pick up and throw around. I'm talking old too, not 5 years but 20 or so. Back when they were made good and light. 4 round smooth wheels, an evinrude engine, a deck, and a handle.

4 strokes don't like hills unless they have a pressurised oil system. Without that they run 'dry' on the slope till they lock up.